CISP – Comitato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo dei Popoli sta selezionando un/a Programme Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Malawi . Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature 21/01/2023
CISP is looking for a Programme Manager to support the development of its country programme in Malawi.
CISP started its activities in Malawi in 1999. Interventions are focused on agriculture and rural development, management of natural and environmental resources, economic empowerment, food security.
CISP’s programme aims at contributing towards improved resilience of communities in central and northern regions of Malawi to unpredictable climate challenges. More specifically, actions aim to enhance the capacity of communities in Karonga and Nkhotakota districts to stabilize their food and nutrition security, generate sustainable livelihoods and safeguard their livelihood assets against the effects of climate change.
The PM will be in charge of supervising the implementation of the ongoing AICS funded project, and of contributing to the identification and pursuit of new opportunities.
The duty station will be in Lilongwe, with travels in Nkhotakota, Karonga (current intervention sites) and other districts, according to the need.
- Ensure coordination and quality management of projects implemented in Malawi in compliance with CISP’s management system and donor’s requirements, with particular focus on the livelihood and food security sector.
- Ensure continuous relations with donors, submission of quality and timely narrative and financial reports. Support processes of external evaluations and audits.
- In coordination with CISP HQ, ensure innovative approaches are included in existing and future programs in order to increase positive impact on project beneficiaries.
- Carry out field missions to monitor ongoing projects and strengthen the collaboration with partners and beneficiaries.
- In collaboration with the Country Representative provide overall support and guidance to CISP local partner organization with a strong focus on organizational development to achieve set objectives, as well as compliance.
- In collaboration with the Country Representative support and supervise day to day programme implementation, including staff management, revisions to project design, work-plans, activities and planning, budgets and recruitment of project staff.
- Attend meetings and workshops with local authorities, donor representatives or key stakeholders.
- Attend Project Steering Committees meetings.
- Ensure quality and timely communication and reporting with all relevant stakeholders such as colleagues and partners, authorities.
- Facilitate and oversee capacity building, in-service training sessions, on-the-job training and mentoring support to CISP staff and partners.
- Guarantee coordination of CISP promotion activities in the country, by ensuring constant supervision of the development of new proposals.
- Support the Country Representative in further development of the Country Strategy / the Country Strategic Planning.
- With the advice and under the supervision of the headquarters, ensure the strategic development of the programs and the presence of the organization in the country.
- Ensure compliance with the procedures and policies of CISP and donors.
- Identify possible partnerships both at specific project level and at strategic level.
- Ensure CISP qualified visibility and accountability.
Managerial and administrative responsibilities
- Supervision of project financial planning.
- Ensure compliance of all expenditures and purchases with CISP management system, donor procedures and the requirements of national legislation.
- Ensure the management of human resources deployed by CISP in the programme.
- Ensure optimal use of logistical, financial and human resources.
- Master’s Degree in Humanitarian / Development Studies / Social Sciences or any related field
- At least 5 years of working experience on Food Security, Livelihood, Agriculture.
- Experience in programmes with value chain development components, sustainable farming practices, saving and loans systems
- Expertise in SMEs and cooperatives’ development, marketing strategies
- Good knowledge of EU, AICS, UN Agencies management procedures (preferably at least 2 years experience)
- Previous working experience in Malawi or the region is preferred
- Excellent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Italian will be a plus
- Good communication and writing skills as well as a good aptitude for stress management
- Ability to create, coordinate and manage partnership relationships with donors and civil society organizations
- Ability to work under pressure and operate in complex contexts
Interested candidates can send their CV with authorization to process personal data (Legislative Decree 196/2003 and Article 13 GDPR – EU Regulation 2016/679), a motivational letter and at least two contacts for references to the email address email@example.com with subject: “Malawi – Programme manager” by 21.01.2023
CISP reserves the right to terminate the selection if a sufficient number of applications has been received, and the right to modify, extend, suspend or reopen the terms of this selection procedure if the need or opportunity arises.
CISP undertakes to select its collaborators exclusively on the basis of human and professional skills, offering equal opportunities and without exercising discrimination in the context of recruitment, selection, remuneration, training, assignment of tasks, promotions and conclusion of the relationship, or any other human resources activity based on race, nationality, religion, opinions, affiliations, sex, age, ethnicity or citizenship, marital or family status, sexual orientation and identity, trade union membership or current or previous disability.
The selected person will be asked to fully adhere to the values of the CISP and maximum respect for the management system of the CISP, with particular attention to the code of conduct.