Fondazione Piero e Lucille Corti Onlus sta selezionando un/a Finance Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Uganda . Durata 36 mesi mesi. Scadenza candidature 28/02/2023
Fondazione Piero e Lucille Corti (Corti Foundation), www.fondazionecorti.it, an Italian non-profit organization dedicated to supporting St. Mary’s Hospital Lacor (Lacor Hospital) in Uganda, is looking for a:
for St. Mary’s Hospital Lacor (LH), Gulu (Uganda)
Lacor Hospital, with 500 beds and 700 permanent employees, is the largest private non-for-profit hospital in Northern Uganda. It treats about 200,000 patients a year, it has a Health Training Institute (about 550 students in nursing, midwifery and other health sciences, most of which reside within the Hospital), medical students from Gulu Government Faculty of Medicine and interns from Ugandan universities. It has residences for about 300 employees with their families within the Hospital compound and a logistic office in Kampala.
The candidate will be employed by Corti Foundation with an Italian contract (duration of the contract: 3 years) and deployed to Lacor Hospital as Financial Manager in the framework of the Foundation’s technical assistance to the Hospital.
The place of work will be Lacor Hospital and full-time residence in the Hospital is required (housing is provided).Fluent English is also required.
Contract conditions will be defined depending on the candidate’s experience. A training and probation period on the job (6 months) is foreseen, under the guidance of the Italian Finance Advisor.
The person will hierarchically report to the President of Fondazione Corti and functionally to the Institutional Director of the Hospital and shall be in charge of the following Hospital departments: Accounts, Treasury/Bills, Procurement and Stores. Moreover, the person will be responsible for Budgeting and Budget Performance, where last year Financial Statements reported a total Expenditure of 28,8 Billion UGX, equivalent to 7,4 Million € The Administration Staff is composed by approximately 50 people. The Hospital’s accounting software is Microsoft Navision.
- degree in accounting, management or equivalent
- highly committed to work in a low resource setting and willing to reside in Northern Uganda
- experience in the role and a very good knowledge of accounting, accrual accounting, budgeting, financial and administrative procedures
- good leadership and team working skills, team management experience
- very good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- experience with ERP accounting software (Navision, SAP, Oracle etc.)
- work experience in Hospitals
- work experience in low resource countries
- experience with preparing externally audited year-end Financial Reports
- experience with International Accounting Standards (IAS, IFRS, GAAPs)
- experience in cost analysis by cost centres or projects
- experience in procurement and managing stores
As regards aptitudes and managing styles, it is necessary to behave highly ethically, to always keep a calm and polite approach even in stressful situations, to have a hands-on aptitude, to be capable of leading by example, and of reinforcing team building through regular area meetings, general and specific. It is further necessary to have the ability to adapt to very different cultures and habits, showing a high respect for people, but at the same time pursuing the objective of consolidating and improving the Hospital administrative management.
To apply for this opportunity please send your CV and a letter of motivation, with your salary level, to firstname.lastname@example.org