28Un Ponte Per sta selezionando un/a Project Administrator da inserire nella sua operatività in Siria . Durata 11 mesi. Scadenza candidature 15/01/2023
Position Name: Project Administrator
Duration: 11 months with possibility of renewal
Starting from: February 2023
Duty Station: North-East Syria
Closing date of the vacancy: 15th January 2023 (applications on a rolling basis)
Un Ponte Per (UPP) is an Italian NGO established in 1991. It started its activities as “Un ponte per Baghdad”, in the aftermath of the first Gulf war, with the aim of organizing solidarity initiatives in support of the Iraqi civilian population. In subsequent years, UPP missions expanded to include Serbia and other Middle Eastern and Mediterranean countries. The NGO aims at preventing armed conflicts, protecting human rights and supporting local civil society, especially in the Middle East, by promoting the nexus between its humanitarian, peacebuilding and development programs.
Since 2015, UPP has been one of the leading INGOs in the North East Syria (NES) response. Providing humanitarian aid and capacity building of local actors in Health and Protection as well as environmental health, including waste management. In partnership with local partners, UPP has been able to develop a comprehensive system of health services delivered in 26 facilities, including mobile units, hospitals, primary health care centres, and an ambulance network. For further information please refer to our website: www.unponteper.it/en/
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Un Ponte Per is looking for one Senior Administrator that will be responsible of the following major tasks:
- Coordinate projects financial management ensuring UPP and donors financial requirements are met in an efficient and effective manner whilst assessing potential risks.
- Support registration of all the expenses according to UPP and donor procedures, template and its store on cloud also according to UPP paperless policy.
- Prepare financial documents and reports for HQ and donors ensuring accuracy and adherence to financial rules set within the given deadlines.
- Support UPP Project Managers in the administration of the project, especially in the financial management, including local staff contracts definition, cashbook management and updating, bank reconciliation, procurements and financial reporting according to donor’s rules.
- Support the PMs in the preparation of the new budget proposals and forecast with specific inputs on the budgets.
- University degree in administration or equivalent working experience
- At least 3 years’ professional work experience in finance in NGOs
- Experience of financial reporting and grant management with a range of external donors using Excel and administrative software
- Experience of reporting and monitoring to tight deadlines
- Effective financial management skills and knowledge of finance systems and procedures
- Experience in working in coordination with local partners and into a consortium program.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate activities
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills including Excel
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, be proactive and offer a solution-oriented approach
- Determined and committed to high quality standards
- Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure, while maintaining flexibility and professional approach
- Excellent oral and written English
- Ability to travel in the Middle East with the same ability of a Western European passport owner. Ability to travel in Europe.
UPP requires criminal background check certificate (released max 3 months before the date of job offer) to confirm a job offer. We are aware that in some countries the release of criminal background certificate by the competent authorities might require several weeks. However, UPP runs selections to deploy staff in emergency programs and time-lapse between job offer and field deployment is often very short. Thus, we kindly ask all candidates to get prepared on time and be able to submit their certificate promptly in case of success in the selection.
- Experience in main donors funded project (EU, UN, USAID, AICS, CDCS etc.).
- Experience in Emergency projects management.
- Knowledge of the Middle East context and relevant local actors.
- Knowledge of Arabic or Italian is an asset.
Un Ponte Per is an International NGO committed to diversity and inclusion within its teams, in line with the principle of non-discrimination. UPP encourages all candidates irrespective of gender, religion and ethnicity including persons with disabilities to apply and become part of the organization.
UPP upholds all the minimum standards in terms of Ethical Conduct and strives to increase its standards over the minimum. Zero tolerance is reserved to Sexual Abuse and Exploitation and to Child Abuse, Violence, Harm, Injury and Negligence. By applying, any candidate assures that s/he has never breached any standard in terms of SEA and Child Safeguarding and that s/he will not in the future. For the protection of beneficiaries, communities and partners, UPP will conduct extensive reference check and vetting on shortlisted candidates, also over the contacts indicated by the candidate. Candidates are alerted that the required background check might compromise their privacy. Shortlisted candidates shall promptly provide an up-to-date criminal background check.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV (PDF format) with the authorization to use and process data on the base of the EU Regulation 2016/679 – GDPR and a brief cover letter (PDF format) that includes the contact information for three Professional References (relevant and recent) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CV need to contain also the following authorization: “I, the undersigned Name and Surname authorize Un Ponte Per to use my data for the vetting procedure.”
Please reference “Admin NES- Name Surname” in the subject line of your email application and name the files attached to your application as surname_name_CV, surname_name_CL, etc.
Be informed that UPP screens prospective colleagues through anti-terrorism/anti-money-laundering/anti-corruption/anti-fraud sanctions lists before job offer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.