The new role will be integrated into the delegation’s professional and administrative structure and will be responsible for reporting to the UN Ambassador on professional matters. The delegation’s main focus is to advance Norwegian policy with UN organizations in Rome through board meetings, consultations, and other means, specifically in the areas of global food security, development policy, climate and food, agriculture, fisheries and forestry, and humanitarian work. The position includes independent professional responsibilities within the delegation’s field of work.
- Analysis of priority policy areas and assessments of the UN organisation’s work
- Prepare meetings, write memos and talking points, participate in and report from meetings and consultations, including the board meetings of the organisations.
- Reporting and ongoing dialogue with Norwegian authorities.
- Coordination of events and visitor programs, as well as administrative tasks.
- The role reports to the Head of Station at the embassy in Rome in terms of administration. The Head of Station has the authority to make changes to the position’s responsibilities as needed.
- Higher education, preferably within international politics, development issues, humanitarian work or other relevant fields.
- Work experience from international cooperation, the UN, voluntary organizations within development policy or other relevant professional fields.
- Candidates must possess excellent spoken and written English skills. Fluency in spoken and written Norwegian or another Scandinavian language is highly desirable, however, applicants without proficiency in a Scandinavian language will also be considered. Knowledge of Italian or one of the official UN languages is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with common ICT tools and social media.
The ability to work well within a team that emphasizes close and ongoing collaboration, as well as the ability to work independently, in a structured and results-oriented manner, is required. Strong communication and collaboration skills, a solution-oriented mindset, good judgement, and the ability to take initiative are also essential.
Highly engaging work tasks, with opportunities for independent responsibility and tasks within a small team. Additionally, a positive and modern work environment is provided, with bright and updated premises in a central location in Rome.
- One-year contract with possibility of extension
- 36 working hours per week
- Wages based on agreement
- 26 days’ vacation per year
How to apply
Applicants must qualify for a residence and work permit in Italy. Local employees at the Norwegian Embassy in Rome are subject to terms and conditions in accordance with Italian law.
Interested parties should send their application to email@example.com. Please mark the application in the subject heading with “Application for the position of UN adviser”.
The application must include
- Letter of application (max. 1 page) explaining your suitability and interest in the position
- CV (max. 2 pages)
- Two references with contact information
- Copies of relevant references and academic, professional and language qualifications
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Please scan all papers and references into one pdf file.
The embassy prepares a list of candidates who will be invited for an interview. Please note that only candidates who are invited for an interview will be contacted.
Questions regarding the position can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: February 14, 2023.
Starting date: As soon as possible after 1 April 2023.