INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Medical Coordinator da inserire nella sua operatività in Moldavia . Durata 6 mesi rinnovabili. Scadenza candidature 24/01/2023
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Medical Coordinator
Duty station: Chisinau
Starting date: 01/02/2023
Contract duration: 6 months, renewable
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: Medical team
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
The war broke out in Ukraine in February 2022. Since then millions of people have fled to the neighbor countries raising a big concern on how to manage such an immense influx of people. In order to support the refugees, INTERSOS has set up an emergency response operation in Moldova, providing protection services, Psychosocial Support and Primary Health Care services to incoming refugees from Ukraine.
General purpose of the position
The Medical Coordinator collaborate with the Head of Mission for the overall country health programme development and management in accordance with INTERSOS’ country strategies, plans and policies.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Play a key role in the development and definition of the Country Health Strategy of the mission under the supervision and coordination of the HoM
- Under the supervision of the HoM, lead the development of new health concept notes and health project proposals (design of the project rationale, logframe, narrative and budget in cooperation with finance department) in collaboration with technical referents
- Supervise, coordinate and provide quality support to INTERSOS Health Project Managers in the country
- Ensuring a quality implementation of INTERSOS country health programme in coordination with INTERSOS Technical Referents
- Coordinate and supervise the timely and quality submission of reports to donors
- Represent INTERSOS in relevant meetings
- Through the supervision of the Project Manager and Project medical referent, implements and monitors medical activities, according to INTERSOS project plans and mission strategy, standards and protocols. Participates in exploratory missions, situation assessments (providing technical inputs and recommendations for new and ongoing interventions in the country and defining medical operational priorities when needed) and the development of the project policy, annual plan, budget review and project proposal and reports to donors.
- Through the supervision of the Health Project Managers, establish and maintain regular and collaborative relations with relevant donors, local authorities, partners, medical actors, project stakeholders and other organizations working in the target areas
- Proactively participate in cluster meetings and relevant inter-sectoral coordination meetings at field level, contributing to the development of guidelines, standards, tools and strategies
- Responsible for the medical data collection, analysis and reporting through a correct use of internal databases and monitoring tools in order to ensure a proper monitoring of the program
- Provide technical support to medical personnel in the field through self-knowledge and policies, ensuring compliance with the protocols of INTERSOS medical activities
- Coordinate, supervise, coach, support and evaluate the medical team members’ performance to improve the medical components of the project and ensure compliance with INTERSOS protocols and standards
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the Project Manager, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the medical staffs of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and improve staff capabilities
- Supervise an efficient management of the field pharmacy and medical equipment, in collaboration with the Logistics department. Monitor consumption and preparation of medical orders to provide drugs, medical materials, medical devices and consumables at all circumstances and avoid stock shortage
- Implement the health policy for international and national staff, providing all prophylactic and preventive necessary measures, structures and emergency plans, managing any medical evacuation in order to ensure INTERSOS staff health
- In coordination with HQ Medical Unit being the focal person to coordinate medical activities (opening and closure of mission, interim, reduced activities, etc…)
Required profile and experience
- Advanced university degree in medicine or nursing studies
- Desirable specialization in Tropical Medicine or a degree in Public Health
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience as Medical referent in the humanitarian sector especially in fragile and unstable environments
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Demonstrate experience with different donors compliance and reporting
- Leadership, people management and development
- Multi-language knowledge desirable (Romanian, Russian)
- Strong teamwork and cooperation capacities
- Strategic vision
- Service orientation
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/en/work-with-us/field/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/637607e86ff184002117706c/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.