Terre des Hommes Italia sta selezionando un/a Head of Programs da inserire nella sua operatività in Libano . Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature 31/01/2023
Head of Programs
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 1 year with a 2-months’ probation, renewable
Duty station: Lebanon (Baabda/Beirut, with frequent field visits to North Bekaa and Mount Lebanon)
Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH IT), member of Terre des hommes International Federation, works in 21 developing countries implementing projects and activities for the benefit of more than 3 million people.
TDH IT implements relief and mid-term programmes and projects in the fields of education, primary health, protection, PSS and child rights.
Terre des Hommes Italia works in Lebanon since 2006. Since then, it has implemented several educational, protection and livelihood interventions in the most deprived areas of the country and in the Palestinian refugee camps.
Since the onset of the Syria crisis, Terre des Hommes has provided support to the Syrian refugee families fleeing their country and looking for a shelter in Lebanon, thanks to the support various donors (EU, ECHO, UNICEF, UNHCR, OCHA Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo-AICS).
In the framework of its work in the Country, TDH It is recruiting a Head of Programs to join our team in Lebanon.
The Head of Programs is specifically responsible of:
Programme Planning, Management, and Implementation
- Support the Country Delegate and the Senior Management Team to develop, revise, and update the Country Strategy and related operational plans at Program level
- Be responsible for the supervision of Country Strategy implementation within TDH IT Programs and for identifying gaps and priorities to be included in newly developed proposals
- Review and ensure alignment of program priorities, strategies and plans to the national strategies, plans, and campaigns
- In coordination with the MEAL Country Manager, the Program Managers, and the Sector Experts and under the supervision of the Country Delegate, identify best practices and promote their implementation within Programs, Country Strategy and TDH IT policies.
- Promote the integration between Child Protection and Education programs
- Ensure TDH IT programs’ activities are grounded and strongly interlinked
- Explore innovative solutions and think creatively to identify solutions that will maximise programs’ impact on the ground
- Call and coordinate regular meetings with key program staff to identify bottlenecks, delays, challenges, or any other programmes-related issues and propose solutions to the Country Delegate
- Identifying new ideas, donors, programs, and new potential partnerships as well as possible alliances with INGOs and local NGOs at Country and Area level
- Identify the need for new assessments/studies and coordinate their implementation with the MEAL Country Manager and the key staff
Fund Raising & Donor Relationship Management
- Support the Country Delegate in developing and managing relationships with donors in-Country and represent TDH IT on his behalf upon his request
- In coordination with the Country Delegate, lead the development of quality grant proposals through a community-based, participatory approach and a clear division of tasks and responsibilities among key staff
- Collaborate with the Country Delegate in identifying potential funding opportunities
Program Reviews, Monitoring, Evaluation, Program Learning and Reporting
- Ensure, in close collaboration with the MEAL Country Manager, the monitoring of the programs’ activities in the field to ensure alignment and contribution to country strategy, monitor the flow of information and systemic documentation of quantitative and qualitative achievements in the field and lessons learned thereof
- Be responsible for quality and timely submission of quarterly and annual or required Programs’ and Projects’ Reports.
- Ensure compliance with approved Programs’ and Projects’ plans.
- In cooperation with the MEAL Country Manager, promote evidence-based learning and the agenda of advancing alternatives
- In cooperation with the MEAL Country Manager, track trends in contemporary development programming and program management practices, document and provide advice/ recommendations on key developments
Partnerships and Networking
- Support Program and Partnership Managers to strengthen partnership networks
- Support the Program Managers in strengthening TDH relationship with the strategic networks and alliances
- in coordination with the Country Delegate, represent TDH IT and participate in network and alliance meetings, events, and forums at national and international levels
- Ensure effective information flow and communication with other stakeholders including (national and international) partners
- Ensure effective partnerships at all levels as per standard procedures and guidelines of the organization.
- Coordinate and support review of TDH IT partnerships.
- Ensure follow-up of partners after reviews and reflections.
- Develop, monitor, review and update the Program department activity to ensure that it attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible
- Follow up on the expenditure allocated to programme department
Human Resource Management
- Lead and manage the program team to achieve its mandated targets in accordance to annual operational plans
- Coaching and providing guidance to Programs’ staff with the aim of filling gaps in terms of implementation, if any
- Ensure an empowering work environment and team building in compliance to TDH IT‘s values, principles and attitude
- Participate in the review of staff job descriptions and setting of performance standards
- Involved in the recruitment of managerial staff
- Assigns performance objectives to supervised staff, conducts comprehensive performance appraisal of supervised staff and provides / obtains feedback when necessary
Policy Management and Compliance
- Lead the development and implementation of country-specific guidelines for the management of partnerships
- Participate in the review and update of TDH IT policies and procedures at Country level
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Strong commitment to the aims, principles, and values of TDH IT and of humanitarian aid
- Very high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive information
- Relevant University Degree (International Relations, Human Rights, Sociology, Middle Eastern Studies, International Cooperation etc.) or equivalent level of knowledge
- Minimum 5 years of previous professional experience in relevant positions, of which at least 3 spent abroad; previous experience in the Middle East is a strong asset
- Perfect acquaintance with main donors (ECHO-UN-EU- Italian Cooperation) procedures
- Sound previous proven experience in management of programs/projects in the fields of Protection and/or Education and/or Child Protection
- Acquaintance with the Middle East context
- Perfect Command of spoken and written English. Working knowledge of Italian is a plus. Very good writing skills. Knowledge of Arabic is a much-appreciated asset
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with diverse stakeholders and to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under stress, strong problem-solving skills
- Sound computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational and reporting skills, precision, rapidity, dependability, and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Previous proven experience in developing a team, and ability to lead, motivate and develop others’ skills
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and patient when challenged by difficult and frustrating working conditions
- High degree of responsibility, of taking initiatives, of having emotional stability
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
- Demonstrated awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts. Capacity to make accurate self-assessment
TDH Italia has a zero-tolerance policy towards SEAH and is not willing to employ any person who has been found guilty of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment. Ethics is part of the annual performance appraisal.
Salary according to experience and TDH IT salary scale. Since the position advertised for is unaccompanied, TDH will not be responsible for providing benefits for the selected candidate’s family members.
Only applications from holders of passports allowing easy entry into the Country will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates possessing required experience and skills are invited to send an updated CV and a motivation letter including at least two references to email@example.com quoting in the object of the email the reference Leb 08/2022.
Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered.
The deadline for receiving applications is the 31 of January 2023. Applications received after that date will not be considered.
We apologize in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. TDH IT reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date of the published vacancy in case a suitable candidate is identified