Un Ponte Per sta selezionando un/a ICT Officer da inserire nella sua operatività in Italia . Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature 12/02/2023
Position Name: ICT officer – Protected Categories (L.68/89)
Duration: Fixed duration contract part-time 50%, unlimited contract will be considered after the first year (CCNL Terziario – Terzo Livello)
Starting from: 1 March 2023
Duty Station: Rome, flexible working time and remote working
Closing date of the vacancy: 12 February 2023 (applications on a rolling basis)
Un Ponte Per (UPP) is an Italian NGO established in 1991. It started its activities as “Un ponte per Baghdad”, in the aftermath of the first Gulf war, with the aim of organizing solidarity initiatives in support of the Iraqi civilian population. In subsequent years, UPP missions expanded to include Serbia and other Middle Eastern and Mediterranean countries. The NGO aims at preventing armed conflicts, protecting human rights and supporting local civil society, especially in the Middle East, by promoting the nexus between its humanitarian, peacebuilding and development programs.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The purpose of the ICT (Information and Communications Technology) Officer is to develop effective and efficient solutions and increase automatization to support UPP in Italy and internationally.
You will also be in charge of the ICT’s logistics (management of the flow of goods or materials between the point of origin and the point of consumption, including storage) to meet the requirements of users and according to agreed processes). Specifically, your task will be:
- Supervision of server operation and contacts with providers.
- General assistance in purchasing and testing machines, account activation, cloud and backup management, server management.
- Maintenance of UPP website.
- Collaborate with local IT officers in UPP implementing countries.
- Assistance in the management of good IT practices for all staff of Un Ponte Per.
- Identification and potential migration (planning, roll-out, and monitoring) to a new cloud system (i.e., Office 365) and organizes related training of the staff.
- At least 3 years of relevant IT Manager experience.
- Office365 and SharePoint in particular, general data support, good TCP/IP, VPN connection, ITIL, MS operating systems (Active Directory, demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office package
- Experience in IT administration, IT strategy work, management of IT office networks, and cloud-based environment
- Experience with video conference systems (hardware and software)
- Interdependent relationship between infrastructure, information security, and the applications/services they enable
- Teamwork oriented
- Service and beneficiaries oriented by anticipating the needs of the organization
- Excellent communicative skills, oral and written in Italian and English.
UPP requires criminal background check certificate (released max 3 months before the date of job offer) to confirm a job offer. We are aware that in some countries the release of criminal background certificate by the competent authorities might require several weeks. However, UPP runs selections to deploy staff in emergency programs and time-lapse between job offer and field deployment is often very short. Thus, we kindly ask all candidates to get prepared on time and be able to submit their certificate promptly in case of success in the selection.
- Experience in NGO working environment
- Relevant ICT certificates.
Un Ponte Per is an International NGO committed to diversity and inclusion within its teams, in line with the principle of non-discrimination. UPP encourages all candidates irrespective of gender, religion and ethnicity including persons with disabilities to apply and become part of the organization.
UPP upholds all the minimum standards in terms of Ethical Conduct and strives to increase its standards over the minimum. Zero tolerance is reserved to Sexual Abuse and Exploitation and to Child Abuse, Violence, Harm, Injury and Negligence. By applying, any candidate assures that s/he has never breached any standard in terms of SEA and Child Safeguarding and that s/he will not in the future. For the protection of beneficiaries, communities and partners, UPP will conduct extensive reference check and vetting on shortlisted candidates, also over the contacts indicated by the candidate. Candidates are alerted that the required background check might compromise their privacy. Shortlisted candidates shall promptly provide an up-to-date criminal background check.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV (PDF format) with the authorization to use and process data on the base of the EU Regulation 2016/679 – GDPR, a brief cover letter (PDF format) that includes the contact information for three Professional References (relevant and recent), and the scan copy of the certificate that shows the registration on the list of “Protected categories” (even without the description of the pathology) to: email@example.com.
The CV need to contain also the following authorization: “I, the undersigned Name and Surname authorize Un Ponte Per to use my data for the vetting procedure.”
Please reference “ICT officer – Protected Categories (L.68/89) – Name Surname” in the subject line of your email application and name the files attached to your application as surname_name_CV, surname_name_CL, etc..
Be informed that UPP screens prospective colleagues through anti-terrorism/anti-money-laundering/anti-corruption/anti-fraud sanctions lists before job offer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.