CESVI Fondazione sta selezionando un/a Technical Coordinator Senior da inserire nella sua operatività in Palestina . Durata 6 mesi. Scadenza candidature 19/03/2023
CESVI has been working in Palestine since 1994 and it has developed over the years an expertise in the area of solid waste management, water and sanitation. CESVI implemented various projects in partnership with relevant actors in the sector and active participation in the WASH cluster and other coordination networks.
CESVI is currently implementing projects in the in Hebron and Gaza governorates, in consortium with local and international partners. The ongoing projects are funded by SDC and AICS
The main activities included in the SDC and AICS projects are:
· Data collection and laboratory testing: data collection on current WASH practices; development of a simplified methodology for the evaluation and adaption of filters to the local context; test of the filters in laboratories;
· Rehabilitation of washing facilitates in schools
· Rehabilitation of water networks
· Monitoring and Implementation based on behaviour change strategy / RANAS approach
· Data analysis: elaboration of data and training materials;
· Development of a strategy to encourage and maximize sharing of data, methods and insights among the partners and a wider audience
Dissemination of research findings and incorporation of recommendations in design of interventions.
The collaboration will start in mid-May/June 2023
The main duty station will be in Jerusalem with frequent travels in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
The Technical Coordinator Senior will work in coordination with the Head of Mission and s/he has to coordinate with the Country Administrator
Main tasks and responsibilities:
· S/He will ensure constant supervision of project and program managers, to monitor rate of spending in each project and coordinating project managers in direct implementation, ensuring full procedural compliance in coordination with the Head of Mission and Country Administrator
· S/he will review of any variations / amendments for the extension or revision of the projects
· S/he will Active participate in the new donors acquisition: identification of new projects within CESVI’s sector, coordinate the entire process of drafting of proposals in collaboration with all the team (PMs, CA, HoM)
· S/he will supervise MEAL officer for harmonization of data collection tools, database management and reporting
· S/he will ensure the compliance of technical requirements wash /waste) in the projects (check and write BOQ, liaise with providers, municipalities and technical stakeholders/partners
· S/He will actively participate to the Wash and waste Working Group.
· S/He will write new project proposals in coordination with HQ and the field.
· S/He will liaise with relevant stakeholders.
• University or Master degree in engineering, or related field in wash sector expertise
• Minimum 5 years’ program management experience, grant management in a NGO, including experience directing and implementing programs in both protracted crisis and development contexts
• Specific studies or training on data collection and visualization
• Solid experience in needs assessments, project proposal and reporting
• Experience in managing wash projects
• Knowledge of financial rules and regulations of International donors as EU, AICS (Italian Cooperation Agency), etc.
• Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control
• Solid diplomatic and leadership skills in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners
• Capacity to acting effectively as a team member
• Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
• High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package)
• Excellent knowledge of English written and spoken.
• Prior working experience in the Middle East and / or in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
• Knowledge of Arabic
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
Cesvi’s commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Cesvi pays particular attention to safeguarding the health of all the human resources of the Organisation. Therefore, in order to protect its staff, an assessment of their suitability for the position in each mission is carried out before departure. Such assessment is done by the Occupational Doctor of the Organisation, who will also examine the vaccination coverage, including the anti-Covid19 vaccination.
Please note: due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at the applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their applications.