INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a HQ Logistics and Supply Officer da inserire nella sua operatività in Italia . Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature 17/03/2023
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: HQ Logistics and Supply Officer
Duty station: Rome, Italy
Starting date: 01/05/2023
Contract duration: 1 year
Reporting to: Head of Logistics and Supply Unit
Dependents: Family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS is an Italian humanitarian organization on the first line that works all over the world bringing assistance to people in danger victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts.
INTERSOS, with its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively meet the needs of people in crisis, with a particular attention to the vulnerable groups, as women and children. It provides first aid, food, shelter, medical assistance and basic goods. It ensures that basic needs, as education, clean water and health, are met.
General purpose of the position
Is responsible for the management of logistics aspects of the HQ office including assets, maintenance, storage, procurement, expeditions, renovation construction works and tender process, and external consultants’ services.
Provide operational support to missions and projects on supply activities with a focus on procurement processes, orders management, and freight transportation in accordance with INTERSOS standards, policies, protocols, and procedures, in order to guarantee the efficient running of the missions.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- In coordination with the Logistics and Supply Unit manage the logistics aspects and ensure that office equipment is well kept and maintained
- Follow-up requests for office maintenance and repair work. Contact suppliers to solve the issues
- Prepare the HQ Logistics Procurement Plan
- Under the supervision of the Head of Logistics Unit participate in tenders procedures
- Implement INTERSOS Logistics SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) in HQ when applicable
- Arrange the meeting room for renting
- Follow up archive and warehouse activities and perform regular assets and inventory counts on a quarterly basis
- Conduct the yearly supplier pre-qualification process at the HQ level
- Carry out the procurement of goods, works, and services for HQ with respect to INTERSOS procedures:
- process purchase requests from different departments and follows the procurement
- maintain regular contacts with suppliers to ensure that the quality of the goods and services delivered is in line with INTERSOS standards
- manage storage inventory and movement and respective deliveries
- support expeditions to the field offices when requested in coordination with the Global Supply Officer
- Oversee any vehicles under the responsibility of HQ
- Follow up the office cleaning service
- In coordination with the IT Unit support on the purchase, use, and maintenance of IT assets, office, and project equipment, and communication tools, while ensuring that all HQ assets registered in IMP are documented, issued with unique INTERSOS asset numbers, tagged, and logged according to asset management policies and procedures
Logistics Information Management
- Input Logistics Data in INTERSOS Logistics software (Intersos Management Platform – IMP) in an accurate and timely manner
- Produce a monthly report on IMP
- Support the global supply officer in International sourcing and procurement
- Source and procure medical supplies, IT and communication equipment, visibility items, and others
- Manage INTERSOS’s Global Supply Catalogue in coordination with the Global Supply Officer
- Support the preparation, launch, and evaluation of tender procedures
- Manage the FWA/LTA of INTERSOS international suppliers
- Support the Head of Logistics Unit in developing effective partnerships with global, regional, and country stakeholders for future requirements, and develop an effective supply chain strategy
- Analyze the market dynamics and the supply base in the main categories of supply, especially in medical commodities
- Support the Global Supply Officer in International order management and freight transportation
- Manage the international order pipeline acting as the focal point for Europe missions.
- Support missions to prepare Purchase Requests and BoQs
- Follow up orders placed to Humanitarian Procurement Centers and/or INTERSOS network of international suppliers
- In collaboration with the Finance, the department follows up on orders payments
- In coordination with missions and HQ support order delivery by liaising with 3PL providers and staff to be deployed on the field
- Collect information regarding customs clearance and prepare the necessary documentation for each shipment to be sent to the missions
- Perform regular analysis and comparison of freight transportation modalities to countries of operation
- Follow up and oversee the translation of documents from the external official consultants for HQ and missions
- Support the preparation of administrative and legal documents for the missions. Visit the different agencies (Ministries, tax agencies, embassies, attorneys, etc.) to legalize the documents
- Monitor the cash flow and the credit card assigned to the Logistics Unit producing the monthly cash flows for the Administration department
Induction and training:
- Coordinate and delegate delegate the Logistics Internship when HQ based
- Support the secretariat services in case of absence
- Perform other related duties as required
Logistics surge capacity
The HQ Logistics and Supply Officer can be requested to conduct field missions to support a specific country’s Logistics department on capacity building or temporary replacement of key personnel.
Required profile and experience
- Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or Supply-Chain and Logistics Management
- Experience in humanitarian logistics management within the field of supply chain management (procurement, tendering, contracting, clearance, transport, warehousing, etc.)
- Experience in medical supply is highly desirable
- Experience with donors especially, OFDA, ECHO, and with UN-Agencies specific procedures
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the analytic approach
- Planning and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
- Willingness to travel when required
- English and Italian required, French and Spanish desirable
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/italia/#intersosorg-vacancies-italy/vacancy-details/63db1991b2a3840012953d55/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.