INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Italia . Durata 12 months, renewable mesi. Scadenza candidature 28/02/2023
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Project Manager
Duty station: Palermo, with travels between the ares of implementation of the project
Starting date: 20/03/2023
Contract duration: 12 months, renewable
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: //
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
The project REACH-OUT will design and implement an integrated intervention dedicated to improve global health outcomes for migrants and disadvantaged local population groups through prevention, early detection and access to care for TB, HIV, STIs, hepatitis B and C in Italy, Malta and Greece, and to reinforce and promote stakeholders cooperation. In order to reach the objective above, this project will undertake a number of actions dedicated to raise awareness and promote prevention of HIV/AIDS and TB spreading the information to the larger possible audiences (general public, migrants, professionals, institutions and organisations working in this sector), in order to maximise the project impact.
The project will adopt a holistic approach to providing services for migrants through the use of internet technology via the development of a targeted communication campaign through the main social media used by the migrant population aimed at sharing information about existing services and STIs/HIV prevention. The main changes expected from the project activities are the following: Behavioural changes among target groups in regard to health and in particular to HIV/STIs and TB.
Favoring access to biomedical intervention to prevent HIV Improved access to public health services Practical improvements for Health Authorities in their capacity to reach all residents on a given territory, including those present illegally or settled in informal dwellings.
General purpose of the position
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall management, economic and financial administration of the multi-country European Commission-funded health and protection project. He/She will be responsible for its entire implementation process, ensuring the achievement of its objectives and results.
As part of the Mission SMT, when needed s/he will be involved in identifying funding opportunities, arising needs to contribute to project design and proposal writing and support in the development and implementation of the organization’s strategy for the area.
He/she is ensuring a coordination with the support functions (Finance, Logistic and procurement, human resources) in coordination with relevant departments oordinators/manager.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Ensures an effective planning, implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation of the programme and their sub-components (Health, Protection) and timely delivery of services according to targets set in the project description.
- Guarantees efficient financial management for the project, in compliance with the INTERSOS model and donor regulations
- Conducts regular meetings with program and support (as needed) staff to follow up on project implementation including revision of targets against achievements, identification of gaps in the response in order to define needed adjustments in the implementation
Team Management & Human Resources Management
- Ensures project team management and coordination (in particular coordination between the different projects ongoing in the area of intervention).
- Ensures regular performance evaluation of project staff in line with internal regulations.
- Ensures timely recruitment of staff, in coordination with relevant support staff, as per INTERSOS policy for staff recruitment.
- Ensures respect of and adherence to INTERSOS rules and regulations, code of conduct and ethical values chart.
- Ensures and proposing capacity-building opportunities for staff, keeping clear oversight and reporting on trainings attended and conducted by staff.
Financial Management and procurement
- Prepares and ensures regular update of financial plan,
- Verifies and approves purchase, in line with the budget and the financial and procurement plan.
- Verifies on a weekly basis the bookkeeping entries in the INTERSOS accounting spreadsheets (PN): verifying budget line allocations, budget expenditure status against actual delivery and the financial plan for the project implementation period.
- Ensures purchases of goods, services, supplies are in line with the relevant INTERSOS procurement guidelines and procurement plan
- Verifies the list of expenditures, prior to finalizing the interim and final financial reports.
- Holds final responsibility for verification of all support documents.
Monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Delivers timely quality reporting on project activities (Monthly, Mid Year, final report project), including findings in terms of impact on individual and communities.
- Provides monthly updates to the HoM about project progress including achievements vs targets using the monitoring tool developed by INTERSOS (PAT)
- In coordination with the M&E Coordinator,if present, contributes to the preparation of the Monitoring and Evaluation plan
Project Strategy, reporting and planning
- Contributes to the formulation of new projects as well as of the program strategy for the respective area of intervention
- Ensures a comprehensive vision of the intervention in Southern Italy strengthening the complementary of different projects implemented in the area.
- Collaborates with the other PMs in order to integrate the different intervention in the same long term strategy.
Coordination and representation
- Establishes and managing relations pertaining to project activities, with relevant stakeholders, local authorities, relevant donors and institutions.
- Ensures INTERSOS representation through participation to relevant coordination forum / working group
- Ensures systematic information and update sharing with the HoM and relevant colleagues.
- Any other tasks that can be asked by Line Managers to support the Mission
Required profile and experience
- University degree in the humanitarian field, political science or similar academic areas
- Health or medical education will be considered a plus
- 3 years experience as project manager, dealing with funding from European Commission
- Previous experience managing health activities will be considered a plus
- Experience managing all PCM phases
- Experience dealing with implementing international partners
- Excellent writing, reporting and communication skills.
- Excellent diplomatic skills
- Very good knowledge of Office Suite and Google Workspace
- Italian and English
- Ability to communicate openly and maintain a good relationships within the team, government, and other local authorities, donors, and other stakeholders
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Practical and problem-solver
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission, and vision of INTERSOS
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/en/work-with-us/italy/#intersosorg-vacancies-italy/vacancy-details/63e4fae69213880012c5644e/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.