COOPI – COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE sta selezionando un/a Country Administrator da inserire nella sua operatività in Siria. Durata 6 mesi. Tipo contratto: Tempo det. Scadenza candidature 10/04/2023
COOPI is looking for a Country Administrator in Syria
COOPI has been active with its humanitarian action in Syria (Damascus) since 2016 and it’s currently implementing the following programs: Food Security and Livelihood, WASH and Protection in South and North Syria funded by different donors (UNHCR, OCHA and AICS).
Description of the role
The Country Administrator (CA) is responsible for supervision, management and quality implementation of all aspects of COOPI financial and administrative operations in the country by preparing the coordination budget and controlling the projects’ budgets. The CA will also contribute at managing the relationship with the institutional partners and stakeholders with specific reference to the authorization requests and to the procurement.
- Supervise and manage administrative staff: supervise preparation of local personnel contracts (availability of budget general validity according to local laws, coherence with country regulation, compliancy with salary grid, payments, salary advance);
- Budget preparation: support the Head of Mission and Project Managers in budget preparation as well as proposals development.
Administration and Finance
- Provide technical support on correct application of the COOPI and donors’ administrative procedures to the Project Managers;
- Control and assure compliance of program expenditures with program budgets;
- Monitor cash flows and supervise petty cash handling;
- Ensure proper administration for outstanding debtors and creditors, follow-up overdue and signal potential problems in timely manner;
- Verify supporting documents for project and coordination expenditure;
- Ensure classification of all financial information and documents in accordance with the projects and respective budget lines as well as appropriate filing system of financial documentation is in place, accurate and updated;
- Support Project Managers in the management of projects budget, ensuring that the financial resources available for the projects are spent following the donors’ procedures and according to the project’s budgets;
- Monitor the sustainability of the Country Coordination and field offices and verify the correct costs’ attribution/distribution;
- Ensure sound planning preparation of budgets, amendments and forecasts together with the project manager;
- Manage financial audit performed on the projects;
- Supervise yearly financial audit on general accounting for local authorities.
- Coordinate and supervise overall human resources policy implementation, included Labour Law application, recruitment and that staff salaries are effectively paid to eligible staff and an audit trail of records is maintained.
- Supervise preparation of contracts with suppliers and any other contract issued by the coordination office. Ensure that contractual commitments are accurately tracked;
- Provide assistance to project managers and logistics team in procurement process and ensure that all procurements are done according to COOPI and Donor procedures;
- Ensure budget availability of expenditures and that appropriate authorizations are in place.
- Prepare periodical project financial reports and/or requests to be sent to COOPI Regional office;
- Produce monthly cash and bank reconciliation statements.
- Build relationship with the banks for a proper financial management;
- Contribute at managing the relationship with the institutional partner and stakeholder with specific reference to the authorization requests and to the procurement.
- University degree in finance, accounting, administration or related field;
- A minimum of four years of relevant working experience;
- Experience in international relief and development in Middle East countries in a similar position;
- Good knowledge of main donors’ administrative rules and procurement procedures (ECHO, EU, OCHA, UNHCR, AICS);
- Experience in audits management;
- Budget design and management;
- Fluency in English;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications;
- Experience in liaising with governmental/ local authorities, IOs and NGOs;
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with accountability for security monitoring and management;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Institutional relations management and cultural context understanding;
- Strong supervisory abilities, and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication, negotiation skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure;
- Very good inter-personal behaviour.
- Experience in logistics, procurement and security matters is a strong advantage;
- Experience in working in conflict-prone environments;
- Knowledge of Arabic and Italian;
- Previous work experience in Syria;
- Previous work experience with COOPI.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled, thanks for understanding.
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. For more than 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.