INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Programme Coordinator da inserire nella sua operatività in Colombia e Venezuela . Durata 9 mesi. Scadenza candidature 07/04/2023
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Programme Coordinator Venezuela and Colombia
Duty station: San Cristobal, with frequent mission to the field and in Colombia
Starting date: 15/05/2023
Contract duration: 9 months renewable
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: 2 expat staff and programme national staff
Dependents: non-family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS is a non-profit humanitarian aid organization that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts.
INTERSOS is register in Venezuela as a Local Civil Society Organization since November 2019. INTERSOS Venezuela Programme has focus on providing relief to the most vulnerable population in particular on Protection and Primary Health. INTERSOS Venezuela has started its operations in Venezuela within an funded ECHO consortium, supporting the implementation of protection and health activities in Venezuela and Colombia. In Venezuela, stand-alone activities started with a CP project within six hospitals in the state of Táchira, with the support of UNICEF.
The Programme Coordinator will work in strong coordination with the HoM, MedCo and Protection Coordinator, and local partner organization, with the relevant support of HQ and Region and technical advices of the INTERSOS Technical Referents.
General purpose of the position
The Country Programme Coordinator will be responsible to support Venezuela and Colombia missions in the development, implementation and monitoring of the country programme in line with INTERSOS Country Strategy, plans and policies, and in strong coordination with the Head of mission and EU Emergency Coordinator. The programme coordinator will be in charge for supervision of national and international PMs and/or activity coordinators including supervision of workplans and budget expenditures.
The Program Coordinator will support the Venezuela and Colombia missions in the startup of new humanitarian interventions, identification and design of new proposals in coordination with INTERSOS technical referents and under the technical supervision of the Head of Mission, while ensuring regular engagement with local stakeholders and main donors at mission level.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Play a key role in the development and definition of the Country Strategy of the mission under the supervision and coordination of the HoM
- Under the supervision of the HoM, lead the development of new concept notes and project proposals (design of the project rationale, logframe, narrative and budget in cooperation with finance department) in collaboration with technical referents and E-Unit Emergency Coordinator
- Supervise, coordinate and provide quality support to INTERSOS Project Managers and/or activity coordinators in the country
- Ensuring supervision and control on projects workplans, indicators and budgets.
- Ensuring a quality implementation of INTERSOS country programme in coordination with INTERSOS Technical Referents and E-Unit Emergency coordinator.
- Coordinate and supervise the timely and quality submission of reports to donors with the support of the E-Unit Emergency Coordinator
- Coordinate and maintain relations and supervision of activities with the Consortium members
- Represent INTERSOS in relevant meetings
Quality implementation Coordination
Project implementation, reporting and quality control
- · In coordination with the programme manager, supervise, support in the preparation and keep up to date workplans and related financial plans of projects with the contribution of Project Managers and activity coordinators and relevant team member, ensuring timely and quality implementation
- · Final Responsible for preparation workplans and related financial plans of projects
- · Guarantee the application of INTERSOS procedures and donor’s rules for reporting and implementation, in collaboration with the HoM and EU Emergency Coordinator
- · Guarantee relations and coordination with the members of the Consortium in the two Countries in order to ensure smooth implementation of the activities
- · With the support of Country Finance Coordinator, supervise the management of budgets in line with donor and INTERSOS guidelines, supporting budget and program revisions when needed
- · Provide a support and supervision to the Project Managers through regular field visits, meeting with the staff and the line managers; in coordination with the programme manager prepare and supervise the planning of the activities and programmes.
- · Support the Head of Mission in the set up and supervision of the projects’ MEAL plans
- · In coordination with HoM and EU Emergency Unit, ensure all reports are properly drafted and submitted on time to donors
- Supervise the Project Managers and activity coordinators , ensure a regular evaluation through the Internal Review Process (IRP) tools
- In line with the INTERSOS Policies and in collaboration with HR department, support the HoM in recruit, train, supervise and evaluation of the PMs and activity coordinators, including identification of capacity building gaps and implementation of related training sessions
- Together with the HoM, ensure that PMs and activity coordinators respect INTERSOS rules and regulations and adheres to INTERSOS Fundamental Charter Values and Code of Ethics
Strategy Development and Fundraising
- Support the Head of Mission in the development, implementation and evaluation of the mission strategy and program, providing updated information, inputs and recommendation for new and on-going interventions in the country.
- In cooperation with the HoM, national staff and HQ departments, contribute to the design of a Country Strategy for the Colombia and Venezuela missions, in line with INTERSOS Global Strategy
- Lead the design and drafting of potential funding opportunities and the new project proposals in coordination with Technical referents and the EU Emergency coordinator
Monitor, Evaluation and Supervision
- Provide guidance and support to Project Managers and activity coordinators on the work planning, budgets, and spending
- Under the supervision of the HoM and with support and E-Unit Emergency Coordinatror, monitor the level of progress achieved by each project and ensure targets are met
- Support Project Managers and activity coordinators in planning and monitoring the implementation of activities and achievement of results
- Provide supervision, ensure compilation, follow up and feedback on the monthly Project Appraisal Tool (PAT), both at a technical and financial level
- Ensure high-quality donor reporting standards through the revision of reports prepared by the PMs and activity coordinators.
- Guarantee regular update of projects IMP sections
Representation, Coordination and Advocacy
- In coordination with the HoM, establish and maintain collaborative relations with donors, project stakeholders and other organisations working in the project areas
- Together with the HoM and INTERSOS Technical referents, participate in meetings with relevant donor’s program and finance officers at central or field level.
- Proactively participate in relevant coordination meetings at national and subnational level
Other objectives and duties:
- Upon request of the Head of Mission and based on needs of the mission for the effective implementation and quality of the strategy and programmes
Required profile and experience
Advanced university degree in humanitarian related field (international relation, social studies, IHL, IHRL)
Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience at similar position (proposal writing) in humanitarian context
- Strong and proven understanding of the humanitarian operating context, the humanitarian system and its flexibility, donors and their high demanding, security and financial management in humanitarian context
- Strong knowledge of institutional donor’s procedures
- Very strong skills in computer (excel) and admin/finance procedures
- Knowledge of the regional coordination mechanism.
- Proven experience in the management of EU, UN, USAID and ECHO funds.
- Highly able to keep confidentiality
- Able to work independently
- Risk management knowledge is an asset
- Organization skills, delegative and empowerment approach of the supervised team
- Ability to define country and program strategies
- Ability to administer funds, logistics and human resources
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSO
- Previous proven experience in proposal writing from secondary data will be considered an advantage
Fluency in English and Spanish are mandatory
- Proactiveness and strong problem-solving approach
- Flexibility to adapt to a dynamic context and to the volume of work
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work and adapt in different environments
- High reactivity to unexpected demands
- Capacity to work under stress and meets the deadlines
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/missioni/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/6408c185eaaec60028482c8b/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password and citizenship), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references: two line managers and one HR referent. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.