Un Ponte Per sta selezionando un/a Project Manager Protection da inserire nella sua operatività in Giordania . Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co Scadenza candidature 12/04/2023
PROTECTION Project Manager – jordan (Re-Advertised)
(This position is being re-advertised. Please consider that if you had previously applied)
Position Title: Responsabile del Progetto di Protezione / Protection Project Manager
Location: Amman – Jordan
Period: 12 months with possible renewal
Closing date of the vacancy: 12th April 2023 (applications on a rolling basis)
Starting date: project expected start date 01st May 2023
Un Ponte Per (UPP) is an international humanitarian organization, with Headquarters in Italy. Originally named Un Ponte Per Baghdad (A Bridge to Baghdad), the association became simply Un Ponte Per after the extension of its work to other Mediterranean countries. UPP is currently active in Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Serbia and Kosovo, Tunisia and Ukraine alongside civil society organizations, with a strong localization approach. UPP strongly rejects war as a solution to international and national conflicts. It exerts relentless efforts with the ultimate objective of preventing armed conflicts and developing more equal and peaceful coexistence. The NGO acts through awareness campaigns, cultural exchanges, humanitarian and development projects, peacebuilding programs and the creation of social justice networks. In Italy and in Europe, UPP works to promote peace and disarmament, human rights, refugees and migrants’ inclusion, ecological transition. In Jordan, it is active since 2005 with a strong focus on protection of women and girls, refugees and people with disabilities (PWDs). For further information please refer to our website: www.unponteper.it/en/
Project brief: The project, funded by the Italian Cooperation Agency (AICS) is titled “Masahat Aamina (Safe spaces): “Spazi protetti per l’inclusione sociale e la protezione integrata delle persone particolarmente vulnerabili tra i rifugiati e le comunità ospitanti in Giordania”. It will improve access to protection services of the most vulnerable groups among refugees and host communities, fostering community participation and ownership by local NGOs in the delivery of integrated case management services, psycho-social and mental-health support, legal assistance and rehabilitation of persons with disabilities and their caregivers, cash assistance and management of safe spaces for youth, women and persons with disabilities.
Organization setting: the appointed Project Manager will report to the Program and Administrative Desk Officers for matters related to the day-to-day management of his/her tasks, to the Country Representative for legal and security issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Cycle Management
- Planning, coordinating, implementing and monitoring of project activities in agreement with partners, donor and contextual needs.
- Supervising and reviewing the monitoring and evaluation plan (MEAL), activities, tools and results
- Supporting the project team of UPP and partners to implement qualitatively the activities.
- Preparation of monthly work agendas;
- Participate in the development of proposals, budgets and concept notes in coordination with Protection Desk Officer and Coordinator
- Supervising the management of the logistics needs and procedures of the project, in cooperation with the logistics staff.
- Managing the movements of the protection team in line with UPP security rules.
- Organizing and monitoring of the financial and accounting management of the project;
- Supervising the compliance of UPP policies and procedures on the project
- Recruiting and managing the project’s human resources;
- Finalization of activities aimed at ensuring the co-financing and sustainability of the programme of the mission of Un ponte per in Jordan and any complementary/integrative activities of the project actions;
- Preparation of regular internal reports as requested by the employer;
- Preparation and finalization of the quantitative and qualitative narrative and financial reporting with the support of headquarters, according to the donor’s requirements;
- Participation in coordination meetings and relevant clusters and working groups of interest with respect to the project’s activities.
- Maintaining and developing relations with local institutions, humanitarian agencies, NGOs and donors, in coordination with the Country Representative;
- Responsible for promoting the visibility of the project and the visibility of the organisation, in collaboration with the relevant departments and consortium partners
- Carrying out other activities exclusively related to programmes of interest to the organisation in the area requested by HQ;
- To collect and manage incident reports.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in public health, humanitarian field, social sciences, or social work
- Fluent level of Italian (Written and spoken)
- Fluent level of English (Written and spoken)
- At least 3 years working experience in similar position in the humanitarian sector
- At least 2 years of proven experience in staff management
- Proven experience in budget management, forecast and follow-up
- Proven experience in logistics management and procurement.
- Previous experience in proposal and report writing
- Previous experience in setting up MEAL tools and plans
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong managerial skills in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under high pressure and in emergency situation with calm
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Demonstrated commitment to humanitarian principles
UPP requires criminal background check certificate (released max 3 months before the date of job offer) to confirm a job offer. We are aware that in some countries the release of criminal background certificate by the competent authorities might require several weeks. However, UPP runs selections to deploy staff in emergency programs and time-lapse between job offer and field deployment is often very short. Thus, we kindly ask all candidates to get prepared on time and be able to submit their certificate promptly in case of success in the selection.
- Proven experience and knowledge on protection programs is a strong asset
- Previous experience working in tight coordination with local CSOs is a strong asset
- Previous experience in the Jordanian context is an asset
- Fluent level of Arabic is a strong asset
- Ability to solve problems and proactivity
- Excellent reactivity and flexibility in all circumstances
- Regional and cultural knowledge and sensitivity
Un Ponte Per is an International NGO committed to diversity and inclusion within its teams, in line with the principle of non-discrimination. UPP encourages all candidates irrespective of gender, religion and ethnicity including persons with disabilities to apply and become part of the organization.
UPP upholds all the minimum standards in terms of Ethical Conduct and strives to increase its standards over the minimum. Zero tolerance is reserved to Sexual Abuse and Exploitation and to Child Abuse, Violence, Harm, Injury and Negligence. By applying, any candidate assures that s/he has never breached any standard in terms of SEA and Child Safeguarding and that s/he will not in the future. For the protection of beneficiaries, communities and partners, UPP will conduct extensive reference check and vetting on shortlisted candidates, also over the contacts indicated by the candidate. Candidates are alerted that the required background check might compromise their privacy. Shortlisted candidates shall promptly provide an up-to-date criminal background check.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Un Ponte Per also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV (PDF format) with the authorization to use and process data on the base of the EU Regulation 2016/679 – GDPR, and a brief cover letter (PDF format) that includes the contact information for three Professional References (relevant and recent) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CV need to contain also the following authorization: “I, the undersigned (Name and Surname) authorise Un Ponte Per to use and process data on the base of the EU Regulation 2016/679 – GDPR, and to use my data for the vetting procedure.”
Please reference “PM Jordan read- Name Surname” in the subject line of your email application and name the files attached to your application as surname_name_CV, surname_name_CL, etc.
Be informed that UPP screens prospective colleagues through anti-terrorism/anti-money-laundering/anti-corruption/anti-fraud sanctions lists before job offer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.