WeWorld sta selezionando un/a Country Representative – Roster da inserire nella sua operatività in paesi vari . Scadenza candidature 10/04/2023
Position: Country Representantive – Roster Various Countries
Reporting Relationship: Head of Regional Unit
Location: to be defined according to needs
Type of contract: medium-term or long-term assignments are possible, according to programme needs
Starting date: according to program needs
Gross Salary: to be defined according to the candidate’s profile and WeWorld Compensation Policy
Application deadline: 10/04/2023
WeWorld opened this Roster for Country Representatives with strong experience in humanitarian aid.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and the roster will last one year.
The shortlisted candidates will become part of a list of professionals who will be contacted in case of necessity, without the need for new competitive processes.
Being part of the list does not guarantee any immediate of future collaborations with WeWorld.
WeWorld is an independent Italian organization that has been working in international cooperation and humanitarian aid for 50 years. It supports people in overcoming emergencies, and it strives to guarantee that everyone can have a decent and dignified life as well as opportunities and a better future. WeWorld works in 27 countries around the world, including in Italy, with more than 120 emergency, humanitarian aid and development projects. Its activities mainly involve women, girls and young people, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world.
The organization operates in several natural and man-made crisis in various regions of the world. The emergency response, coordinated by the Humanitarian Aid Unit, is composed by multi-sectorial interventions comprising of WASH, EiE, CVA, Food Security, Protection, and others. The organization operates also in protracted crisis with provision of humanitarian aid through a prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation approach.
TYPE OF ROLE
The Country Representative is based in the country for which he/she is the legal representative and head of mission of the organization. He/she reports to the Head of Regional Unit.
AREAS OF WORK
- Representation, external relations and accountability
- Strategy, partnerships and resource mobilization
- Program Management
- Security and local office management
- Expat, local staff and volunteers management
- Administration and control supervision
- Communication and policy
- Knowledge Management and Innovation
Qualifications and Knowledge
- An advanced university degree or equivalent in the field of Humanitarian Aid, Social or Political Science, Development Studies, International relations, Project Management.
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Fluency in English written and oral
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant working experience in emergency context or related fields as country representative of program manager
- Working experience with international NGOs in management of international cooperation projects funded by institutional, private donors and sponsorship programs
- Proven experience in Project Cycle Management
- Sound project development and proposal writing experience
- Experience in start-up missions
- Experience in logistics management
- Experience in Security Management
Skills and Abilities
- Strong flexibility and capacity to adapt behaviour to the needs of the situation in dynamic contexts
- Capacity to work under stress, autonomously and in problems prevention/resolution
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Ability to identify, initiate and maintain good relationships with partner organizations, donors and national authorities including building professional relationships with senior decision-makers and influencers/leaders
- Good communication, negotiation skills and sensitivity in dealing with clusters on critical issues
- Strong commitment to the Mission of WeWorld, genuine interest for humanitarian aid
- Experience in one of the following sectors: Cash and Voucher, Education in Emergency, WASH
- Fluency in another language (French, Arabic, Spanish
HOW TO APPLY
Send CV and Cover Letter to the official link.
WeWorld is an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.
WeWorld has also a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process.
WeWorld commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented.
WeWorld promotes a welcoming, diverse and discrimination- and harassment-free workplace and expects the highest standards of behaviour from all its staff, who are requested to adhere to the principles and behavioural rules defined in the CoEC and the Organisational Policies. The CoEC and all the internal policies can be found here: https://www.weworld.it/en/about-us/transparency “