WeWorld GVC sta selezionando un/a Multi Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Burkina Faso . Durata mesi. Scadenza candidature 22/03/2023
Position: Project Manager – multiple projects Burkina Faso
Reporting Relationship: Country Representative
Location: Ouagadougou, with fields visits in the areas of intervention in Burkina Faso (depending on security conditions)
Starting date: ASAP
Type of contract: a first 3 (three) month collaboration contract subject to verification of the achievement of specific objectives (these objectives will be agreed together with the Country Representative upon arrival on assignment); a second collaboration contract of 9 (nine) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first three months of contract
Gross Salary: to be defined according to the candidate’s profile and WeWorld salary scale
Family Duty Station: NO
R&R: YES (5 days each 12 weeks – Daily Allowance covers costs of expenses for food, accommodation and travel)
WeWorld, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, WeWorld operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. WeWorld works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the WeWorld team means being part of the development of a dynamic organisation where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision. At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).
WeWorld began its activities in Burkina Faso in 1985. Following a break, it resumed its activities in 2012 focusing on the promotion of women empowerment and support to vulnerable groups to provide emergency relief to the most vulnerable, support displaced populations and to strengthen the resilience of local populations. The sectors of intervention spans from food security and nutrition to protection and local development. WeWorld currently works in the provinces of Passorè, Oudalam and Soum with offices in Ouagadogou, Djibo, Yako and Gorom Gorom.
Purpose of the Role
The Project Manager manages multiple Projects at the country level ensuring quality from development through execution. He/she is responsible of the implementation of the small-scaled projects actions together with the field teams and in collaboration with the admin departments: ensuring planning, activities follow-up, monitoring and reporting.
The Project Manager is under the direct line management of the Country Representative. In coordination with him, he/she will represent the NGO in the relevant meetings related with the projects under his/her management.
Main functions and duties
Project Management (60 %)
- Leading, monitoring and supporting planning of Food Security and Livelihood/Cash Based Transfer projects, ensuring effective delivery in line with donor requirements and WeWorld’s mission
- Coordinating with regional responsible for the protection component possible synergies and the implementation of integrated protection activities in the area of intervention
- Preparing project planning, worksheets and activities follow-up mechanisms (general/specific activity plan, procurement plan, M&E plan, etc.)
- Supervising the field staff to complying with planning documents and puts corrective mechanisms in place if necessary
- Preparing internal and external reports to ensure effective and timely information flows and reporting
- Ensuring timely information on progress, results and challenges
- Compiling, organizing, analysing, monitoring, and preparing data for situation reports, fact sheets, donor reports, briefing notes, and other reporting products
- Undertaking field visits (depending on security conditions and security clearance) to gather the information on results related to the field activities
- Ensuring efficient, effective and timely field data collection and analysis for donors, audits, and internal purposes
- Ensuring good coordination and communication between the project coordinator(s) and the Finance/Accounting, Logistics/Procurement, Human Resources, Communication in the country and/or in HQ
- Participating actively to promote a harmonised approach and methodologies between the different projects, supporting the development of specific tools, trainings and workshops to share experiences and good practices, in coordination with the Country Representative
Project staff Capacity Building and General (10%)
- Recruiting and training of new key team members
- Identifying learning and training opportunities for project staff and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff
- Ensuring transparent, equal and inclusive management of human resources in accordance with internal policies and procedures, and all regulatory requirements of country legislation and donor’s policy
- Fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment, and ensures that the highest standards of conduct are observed
Partnership and Networking (20%)
- Participating in sectorial Cluster/Working Groups coordination meetings and other emergency working groups or meetings as required
- Representing WeWorld and feeds back to the Country Representative and HQ coordinators on relevant issues
- Developing and maintaining regular, transparent and accountable communication lines/flows with the assigned project staff, HQ experts, as well as other relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, local and national government officials, UN agencies and other NGOs)
- In coordination with the Country Representative, providing effective WeWorld representation to projects’ donors, national and local authorities, partners and other relevant stakeholders related with the projects in the country
- Supporting donor relations by contributing to the production of various communication products for donors and accompanying donors during the field visits (depending on security conditions and security clearance)
Strategic Programme Development (10%)
- Developing new proposals in collaboration with the Country Representative and HQ coordinators, involving a multisector approach, expanding the intervention of WeWorld in new sectors
- Providing strategic and technical guidance on key components of WeWorld’s emergency work to foster good practice and ensure that humanitarian minimum standards are met
The duties and responsibilities set forth above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to perform additional duties.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- An advanced university degree or equivalent in the field of Agronomy, Economic, Social or Political Science, Development Studies, International relations, Project Management
- Knowledge of main donors’ policies and procedures (ECHO, UN Agencies, EU, Italian Cooperation)
- Fluent in French, both written and verbal
- Intermediate in English
- Basic knowledge of Italian (at least B1)
- Good computer skills, in particular MS Office package
- At least 5 years’ relevant working experience in humanitarian or development settings
- At least 2 years’ experience of Project Cycle Management in Food security and/or local development and/or WASH
- Proven experience in project proposal writing
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal relationships and demonstrated ability to leverage business networks and partnerships for continued growth
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Ability to perform under stress condition
- Capacity to work autonomously and in problems prevention/resolution
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually and to translate these into concrete results
- Ability to identify, initiate and maintain good relationships with partner organizations, donors and national authorities including building professional relationships with senior decision-makers and influencers/leaders
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Integrity in line with the Humanitarian Principles and ethical standards
- Strong commitment to WeWorld Mission
- Cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Experience in Protection, Education will be a plus
- Previous work experience in Sahel
How to apply
Send CV and Cover Letter to the official link.
The recruitment process may be closed early if a suitable candidate is found.
Due to the large number of applications, we apologise in advance and will only respond to those profiles deemed suitable for the role.
WeWorld is an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.
WeWorld has also a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process.
WeWorld commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented.
WeWorld promotes a welcoming, diverse and discrimination- and harassment-free workplace and expects the highest standards of behaviour from all its staff, who are requested to adhere to the principles and behavioural rules defined in the CoEC and the Organisational Poplicies.
The CoEC and all the internal policies can be found here: https://www.weworld.it/en/about-us/transparency