WeWorld sta selezionando un/a Program Manager – Roster Various Countries da inserire nella sua operatività in paesi vari. Scadenza candidature 10/04/2023
Position: Program Manager – Roster Various Countries
Reporting Relationship: Country Representative
Location: to be defined according to needs
Type of contract: medium-term or long-term assignments are possible, according to programme needs
Starting date: according to programme needs
Gross Salary: to be defined according to the candidate’s profile and WeWorld Compensation Policy
Application deadline: 10/04/2023
WeWorld opened a roster for program managers with strong experience in humanitarian aid.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and the roster will last one year. The shortlisted candidates will become part of a list of professionals who will be contacted in case of programs needs, without the need for new competitive processes. Being part of the list does not guarantee any immediate of future collaborations with WeWorld.
WeWorld is an independent Italian organization that has been working in international cooperation and humanitarian aid for 50 years. It supports people in overcoming emergencies, and it strives to guarantee that everyone can have a decent and dignified life as well as opportunities and a better future. WeWorld works in 27 countries around the world, including in Italy, with more than 120 emergency, humanitarian aid and development projects. Its activities mainly involve women, girls and young people, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world.
The organization operates in several natural and man-made crisis in various regions of the world. The emergency response, coordinated by the Humanitarian Aid Unit, is composed by multi-sectorial interventions comprising of WASH, EiE, CVA, Food Security, Protection, and others. The organization operates also in protracted crisis with provision of humanitarian aid through a prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation approach.
Purpose of the Role
The Program Manager manages organizational Programs at the country level ensuring quality from development through execution. Identifies programming opportunities and areas where the organization can demonstrate its value and relevance. Builds relationships with donors and national counterparts creating a network of collaboration and highlighting the value the organization brings. Manages International and National Staff and budget.
The Programs Manager is under the direct line management of the Country Representative.
Main functions and duties
- Strategic Program Development
- Program/Project Management
- Representation, Partnershio and Networking
- Capacity Building and General
- Security management
- Human Resources Management, Administration & Capacity Building
- Coordination and implementation
- Finance & Budget Management
- Quality Control & Representation
Qualifications and Knowledge
- An advanced university degree or equivalent in the field of Humanitarian Aid, Social or Political Science, Development Studies, International relations, Project Management.
- Knowledge of main donors’ policies and procedures (ECHO, UN Agencies, EU, Italian Cooperation).
- Good computer skills, in particular MS Office package.
- Fluency in English written and oral
- At least 4 years’ relevant working experience in humanitarian settings.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Project Cycle Management.
- Proven experience in project proposal writing.
- Experience in Security Management
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal relationships and demonstrated ability to leverage business networks and partnerships for continued growth.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to perform under stress condition.
- Capacity to work autonomously and in problems prevention/resolution.
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually and to translate these into concrete results.
- Ability to identify, initiate and maintain good relationships with partner organizations, donors and national authorities including building professional relationships with senior decision-makers and influencers/leaders.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Integrity in line with the Humanitarian Principles and ethical standards.
- Strong commitment to WeWorld Mission.
- Cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Experience in one of the following sectors: Cash and Voucher, Education in Emergency, WASH
- Fluency in another language (French, Arabic, Spanish)
HOW TO APPLY
Send CV and Cover Letter to the link.
WeWorld is an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law. WeWorld has also a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process.
WeWorld commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. WeWorld promotes a welcoming, diverse and discrimination- and harassment-free workplace and expects the highest standards of behaviour from all its staff, who are requested to adhere to the principles and behavioural rules defined in the CoEC and the Organisational Policies. The CoEC and all the internal policies can be found here: https://www.weworld.it/en/about-us/transparency “