WeWorld sta selezionando un/a Programs Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Mali. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 29/03/2023
Position: Programs Manager Mali
Reporting Relationship: Country Representative
Location: Bamako, with fields visits in the areas of intervention of the NGO in Mali (depending on security conditions)
Type of contract: a first 3 (three) month collaboration contract subject to verification of the achievement of specific objectives (these objectives will be agreed together with the Country Representative upon arrival on assignment); a second collaboration contract of 6 (six) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first three months of contract
Starting date: ASAP
Gross Salary: to be defined according to the candidate’s profile
Family Duty Station: NO
R&R: YES (5 days each 12 weeks – Daily Allowance covers costs of expenses for food, accommodation and travel)
WeWorld, recently constituted from the merger of two NGOs, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, WeWorld operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. WeWorld works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the WeWorld team means being part of the development of a dynamic organization where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision. At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).
WeWorld has been active in Mali since 2019. The sectors of intervention are food security and support to resilience, protection with special focus on child protection and the most vulnerable groups of population, in particular IDPs. Future activities will enlarge the intervention in the fields of education and school feeding, including cash transfer. WeWorld currently works in the regions of Mopti and Gao. Currently we have a national representation office in Bamako, a field office in Douentza et Gao and an operational presence in Mopti with the help of the partners.
The Programs Manager manages organizational Programs at the country level ensuring quality from development through execution. Identifies programming opportunities and areas where the organization can demonstrate its value and relevance. Builds relationships with donors and national counterparts creating a network of collaboration and highlighting the value the organization brings. Manages International and National Staff and budget.
The Programs Manager is under the direct line management of the Country Representative.
Main functions and duties:
Strategic Programme Development (30%)
- In collaboration with the Country Representative and HQ coordinators, develops and implements an appropriate and effective strategy related to Education, Protection, Food Security, WASH sectors in both development and emergency areas, setting clear objectives and indicators
- Develops new proposals in collaboration with the Country Representative and HQ coordinators, involving a multisector approach, expanding the intervention of WeWorld in new sectors
- Provides strategic and technical guidance on key components of WeWorld’s emergency work to foster good practice and ensure that humanitarian minimum standards are met in all sectors
Programme/Project Management (30%)
- Leads, monitors and supports planning of project activities, ensuring effective delivery in line with donor requirements and WeWorld’s mission
- Prepares internal and external reports to ensure effective and timely information flows and reporting.
- Ensures timely information on progress, results and challenges
- Compiles, organizes, analyses, monitors, and prepares data for situation reports, fact sheets, donor reports, briefing notes, and other reporting products
- Undertakes field visits (depending on security conditions) to gather the information on results related to the emergency response activities
- Ensures that field data collection and analysis are performed in a results-based and timely manner for donors, audits, and internal purposes
- Ensures good coordination and communication between the project coordinator(s) and the Finance/Accounting, Logistics/Procurement, Human Resources, Communication in the country and/or in HQ
- Participates actively to promote a harmonised approach and methodologies between the different projects in the country and in the Sahel region, by developing specific tools and organizing trainings and workshops to share experiences and good practices, in coordination with the Country Representative
Representation, Partnership and Networking (20%)
- Participates in Cluster/Working Groups coordination meetings and other emergency working groups or meetings as required
- Represents WeWorld and feeds back to the Country Representative and HQ coordinators on relevant issues
- Develops and maintains regular, transparent and accountable communication lines/flows with the assigned project staff, HQ coordinators, as well as other relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, local and national government officials, UN agencies and other NGOs), with the objective of ensuring good cooperation and partnerships
- Provides effective WeWorld representation to donors, national and local authorities, partners and other relevant stakeholders in the country in coordination with the Country Representative.
- Supports donor relations by contributing to the production of various communication products for donors and accompanying donors during the field visits in coordination with program and field officers
Capacity Building and General (10%)
- Recruitment and training of new key team members
- Identifies learning and training opportunities for project staff and works as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff
- Ensures transparent, equal and inclusive management and training of human resources in accordance with the policy and procedures, and all regulatory requirements (WeWorld, host country legislation and donor’s policy)
- Fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment, and ensures that the highest standards of conduct are observed
Security management (10%)
- In cooperation with the Country Representative, ensures security management procedures and practices are in place and continually monitor the security situation
- Under instruction of Country Representative, adapts staff safety procedures according to the needs and ensures appropriate and timely measures are put in place to reduce risks and threats to staff, assets, operation and beneficiaries
- Ensures that all new staff and visitors receive appropriate security briefings
- Ensures that security incidents are duly reported to the Country Representative and shares information with other staff and/or stakeholders as needed
- Complies with all relevant internal policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
The duties and responsibilities set forth above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to perform additional duties.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- An advanced university degree or equivalent in the field of Social or Political Science, Development Studies, International relations, Project Management
- Knowledge of main donors’ policies and procedures (ECHO, UN Agencies, EU, Italian Cooperation)
- Fluent in French, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of English
- Good computer skills, in particular MS Office package
- At least 5 years’ relevant working experience in humanitarian or development settings
- At least 3 years’ experience in Project Cycle Management in Education and/or Protection and/or Food security sectors
- Proven experience in project proposal writing
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal relationships and demonstrated ability to leverage business networks and partnerships for continued growth
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Ability to perform under stress condition
- Capacity to work autonomously and in problems prevention/resolution
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually and to translate these into concrete results
- Ability to identify, initiate and maintain good relationships with partner organizations, donors and national authorities including building professional relationships with senior decision-makers and influencers/leaders
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Integrity in line with the Humanitarian Principles and ethical standards
- Strong commitment to WeWorld Mission
- Cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Experience in Emergency response, DRR or WASH
- Previous work experience in Sahel
- Fluent in Italian, both written and verbal
How to apply:
Please send Cover Letter and CV to the official link.
The recruitment process may be closed early if a suitable candidate is found. Due to the large number of applications, we apologise in advance and will only respond to those profiles deemed suitable for the role.
WeWorld is an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.
WeWorld has also a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process.
WeWorld commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented.
WeWorld promotes a welcoming, diverse and discrimination- and harassment-free workplace and expects the highest standards of behaviour from all its staff, who are requested to adhere to the principles and behavioural rules defined in the CoEC and the Organisational Poplicies.
The CoEC and all the internal policies can be found here: https://www.weworld.it/en/about-us/transparency