WeWorld sta selezionando un/a Senior Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Libia / Tunisia. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 05/04/2023
Position: Libya Senior Project Manager
Report to: Programs Coordinator
Location: Tunis with potential movements in Libya (if security allows)
Type of contract: a first 3 (three) month collaboration contract subject to verification of the achievement of specific objectives (these objectives will be agreed together with the Country Representative upon arrival on assignment); a second collaboration contract of 9 (nine) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first three months of contract
Starting date: ASAP
Gross Salary: to be defined according to the candidate’s profile
Application deadline: 05/04/2023
Family Duty Station: YES
WeWorld, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, WeWorld operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. WeWorld works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the WeWorld team means being part of the development of a dynamic organisation where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision. At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).
WeWorld has been operating in Libya since 2018 through the implementation of the following intervention sectors:
- Humanitarian Aid for host, displaced, migrant and refugee populations through projects promoting access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), primary health, etc.
- Capacity building of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Libyan Municipalities
- Promoting respect for Human Rights, access to basic services, in connection with the field of integrated protection
In Libya, WeWorld has its main office in Tripoli and operates in the West and Fezzan regions. The main donors are AICS and the EU Trust fund for Africa.
Libya National team: 9 staff
Libya team in Tunis office: 1 dedicated to Libya & 6 expatriates working for both Tunisia & Libya missions
Purpose of the Role
WeWorld is recruiting a Senior Project Manager who will work on a EUTF Project under the direct responsibility of the Programs Coordinator. She/he works in coordination with Libyan field team and the implementing partners.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The EUTF/AICS Project Manager’s prime responsibility is to ensure that the project produces the results specified in the project document, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost. In addition to day-to-day programme management, the project manager is required to keep abreast of information and analyses in order to provide strategic advice to WeWorld to develop new initiatives in Libya.
Project delivery, management, coordination and quality assurance
- Articulate and follow-up, on a daily basis, with project partners and donors, to guarantee smooth implementation of project
- Ensure project meets expectations with respect to quality, budget, delivery timelines, and strategy
- Manage project budgets and ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Prepare, revise and in a timely manner operationalize procurement plans for the project with support and guidance from procurement team
- Liaise with the Procurement Officer and Field staff to ensure smooth and timeliness in the operations of the project procurement services’ needs
- Review in consultation with finance team all project financial reports submitted by finance monthly while providing timely feedback on all aspects to enhance proper and efficient utilization of project funds, analyzing budget burn rates against planned activities/expenditure plans
- Develop and implement a monitoring plan for the project
- Develop and manage work plans for field activities – regularly updating work plans and objectives to meet changing needs and gaps
- Consult with Program Coordinator to determine budget and timelines for activities
Resource Mobilization, Partnership and Communication
- Support preparation of concept notes and proposals working closely with the Program Coordinator and the Country Representative and respective technical team/ advisors
- Support CO effort to position for new business opportunities by capturing and documenting best practices
- Scope out existing opportunities in areas of expertise to allow program growth and sustainability
- Lead in the mobilization of resources for the implementation of projects by developing partnerships with existing sources of funding and donors
- Explore possibility of leveraging WeWorld funds/resources with other external funds such as devolved funds from local government, private sector, and other related public private partners in order to achieve high impact and synergies
- Support the exploration and negotiation of external partnerships ensuring that opportunities are identified at local and national levels and beyond. Including private sector and new emerging avenues/ opportunities (non- traditional funders)
- Engaging with external stakeholders through a positive, proactive and strategic approach to brand building and effective representation of WeWorld’s programmatic work in Libya
- Staff Supervision and HR Management
- Effectively distribute work among staff by ensuring that the staffing plan takes on board considerations for effective duty allocations, performance management and that teamwork is always maintained. (Staff wellness and support)
- Arrange and recommend staff leave requests in a manner that will not disrupt project or program activities
- Line manage direct reports including supporting work plan development and performance management
- Responsible for promoting gender sensitivity, equity and rights within the program set up
- Reporting and representation
- Engage with Humanitarian Clusters and other relevant working groups (i.e. West ACG etc.)
- Coordinate with relevant partners, UN agencies, local partners and local / national authorities
- Liaise with authorities at the beginning of assessments & intervention, and throughout WASH activities
- Provide a monthly report to the Program Coordinator – detailing activity updates, work plan updates, resources needed, and other key information
- Responsible for the donor reporting including monthly reports; intermediary report, final report etc
The duties and responsibilities set forth above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to perform additional duties.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Master or equivalent in Social Sciences, Political Science, Public Management, International Studies, and other relevant fields
- Good understanding of the Libyan context is desirable
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- A minimum of 5 years of practical working experience in humanitarian and/or recovery related projects or activities, preferably with INGOs and hands-on experience in projects management
- Relevant experience in WASH, Rehabilitation, and Conflict Sensitivity sectors, is highly desirable
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Previous experience/ strong knowledge in partnerships, consortium management
- Representation experience with institutions and participation in coordination meetings with humanitarian clusters/working groups
- Demonstrated experience working and supporting teams remotely
- Experience in liaising with government counterparts at the national and local levels, with national and international partners and donors is highly desirable
Skills and Abilities
- Leadership, planning, organization and teamwork skills
- Proactive and dynamic attitude
- Ability to adapt and work under constraint, under pressure and in complex and multicultural contexts
- Interpersonal skills and intercultural approach
- Good listening and communication skills
- Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong commitment to the Mission of WeWorld, genuine interest for international cooperation development topics
- Demonstrates integrity with regards to NGO values and ethical standards
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism
- Knowledge of Arabic and Italian would be considered an asset
How to apply
Please, send your CV and Cover Letter to the official link.
The recruitment process may be closed early if a suitable candidate is found.
Due to the large number of applications, we apologise in advance and will only respond to those profiles deemed suitable for the role.
WeWorld is an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.
WeWorld has also a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process.
WeWorld commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented.
WeWorld promotes a welcoming, diverse and discrimination- and harassment-free workplace and expects the highest standards of behaviour from all its staff, who are requested to adhere to the principles and behavioural rules defined in the CoEC and the Organisational Policies.
The CoEC and all the internal policies can be found here: https://www.weworld.it/en/about-us/transparency