COOPI – COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE sta selezionando un/a Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Libano. Durata 6 mesi. Tipo contratto: Tempo det. Scadenza candidature 24/04/2023
COOPI is looking for a Project Manager in Lebanon
COOPI started operating and developing humanitarian projects in South Lebanon during the years 2003-2005, then, since 2013, in Northern Lebanon, by supporting most basic and pressing needs of refugees and vulnerable host communities through a multi-sector and integrated approach. The impact of ongoing economic crisis and the COVID-19 outbreak continue to aggravate the loss of jobs and livelihoods amongst refugees and host communities. Before the recent crisis, Lebanon was already the country which host the highest number of refugees per capita, influx that has put a huge burden on national resources and has significantly increased the need of humanitarian support in the country. COOPI assists communities mainly by providing water, sanitation and hygiene assistance, shelter, multi-purpose cash assistance and education support.
Description of the role
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the project coordination and implementation in all its aspects (execution, technical, economic/financial, hr management, reporting, budget management, quality). The intervention promotes the development and management of integrated Solid Waste Management system through capacity building of local institutions, provision of input and implementation of Master Plan in the Union of Jurd Al Kayteh in Akkar region of Lebanon. The project also promotes the development of a sustainable system based on reduction of waste production through awareness campaigns and recycling and re-use of solid waste. Interventions foresees also cleaning and requalification of illegal dump sites.
Activity planning and management
- Plan, manage and monitor the projects’ activities, in compliance with the contract signed with the donor and with COOPI and the donor’s procedures;
- Prepare internal monthly reports and regularly organizes project review;
- Contribute at analyzing possible opportunities of project designing/funding;
- Elaborate, write and prepare all necessary documents to present new projects, in accordance with the organization’s processes and procedures;
- Cooperate with the Communication and Fund-Raising office for all communication, awareness and fund raising activities implemented in and for the country, also supporting the donor’s visibility.
- Ensure recruitment of project local staff, in compliance with the country’s rules/laws and COOPI’s procedures in the country;
- Ensure good coordination with local partners to organize joint programmatic activities and ensure highest quality standards in implementation;
- Plan and organize capacity building activities for the local partner;
- Evaluate local staff employed for projects and participate to the evaluation of the project.
Administrative and financial management
- Ensure a good administrative and financial management of the project (e.g. expenditure planning, budget monitoring);
- Ensure correct supervision or direct management of accounting and project cash safe/bank account.
- Ensure correct planning of purchases in line with the project and related procedures;
- Is responsible for the correct management of all goods purchased for the project, and to regularly update the inventory, in cooperation with the Administrative Coordinator;
- Contribute to strengthen security assessments and ad hoc procedures, applying the general country procedures to the specific context of the project.
Reporting and proposal writing
- Ensure timely preparation of all financial and narrative reports;
- Ensure the preparation of all formal communication and contract modifications requests of the project to the donor;
- In coordination with the Head of Mission, contribute to the development of country program and sector project by proposing and writing new proposal and indentifying potential donors.
- Ensure smooth communication with the donors’ officers, the local project’s partners and beneficiaries, in compliance with the organization’s guidelines;
- Represent COOPI in all relevant clusters and working groups, contributing to raise the organization’s profile, keeping the organization abreast on the latest technical guidance and recommendations.
- Advanced degree in Business/Economic or Engineering, International Development or equivalent work;
- Minimum 4 years experience in the humanitarian/development field and in a similar position, with a track record of success and results achieved, including at least 3 years implementing complex programming;
- Experience of working in project management on one or more among the main donors (EU, DFID, USAID, AICS), with priority to UE;
- Experience in report and proposal writing;
- Experience of working within a volatile environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Ability to conduct sectoral analysis and to understand and transform into possible proposal the policies and strategies of the donors;
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Institutional relations management and cultural context understanding;
- Strong supervisory and work organization abilities, and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills.
- Previous experience in Solid Waste Management project;
- Knowledge of Arabic and / or Italian will be an asset;
- Professional experience in the country is an asset;
- Previous experience also in Environment Sector;
- Valid driving licence.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled, thanks for understanding.
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. For more than 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.