FONDAZIONE AVSI sta selezionando un/a Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Iraq. Durata 20 mesi. Tipo contratto: Da definire Scadenza candidature 09/06/2023
Duty Station: Governorate of Nineveh, District of Mosul and Sinjar, with activities and residences in Erbil
Starting Date: 15.06.2023
Period: 20 months
Reporting to: Country Representative
Aim of the position: Renovation and equipping of 5 schools and various health centers as well as supporting the agricultural development of 120 families in the Governorate of Nineveh, in the districts of Mosul and Sinjar. For the selected beneficiaries the project will also include technical training components in the educational, health, and agricultural sectors.
Main task and responsibilities
In carrying out her/his duties, the Project Manager will work under the direct supervision of the Country Representative as well as the technical supervision of the Project Manager and will coordinate with the Country Administrator, the project staff, the donor, and partners.
Her/his main tasks will be:
– Planning and implementing activities according to project documents: from the implementation phase to the selection of beneficiaries, purchases, start-up of activities, management, and monitoring of results.
– Manage the recruitment, coordination, training, and mentoring of project staff to fully achieve objectives;
– Ensure regular project reporting by respecting deadlines;
– Collaborate with the Country Administrator on budgeting, forecasting, planning, and controlling financial flows as well as with the Project Manager and the Country Representative;
– Manage any changes or extensions to the project;
– Ensure that all activities are in line with AVSI’s donor procedures and rules;
– Ensure quality and accuracy of the technical information provided to the donor and AVSI;
– Actively take part in the concerning clusters, cultivate sound professional relations with other humanitarian organizations operating in the Region to avoid redundancy of intervention, and ensure coordination between the project objectives and the humanitarian response in the Region.
– Managing relations with partners and donors.
Bachelor’s Degree (or Master’s Degree or equivalent) in engineering or pedagogical and social subjects. Other degrees at the same level (Economics, Management, International Cooperation) will be considered if accompanied by specific sectorial experience.
– A documented experience of at least three years in Coordination and Management of international cooperation projects on behalf of public institutions and/or international organizations, with a specific focus on the MENA region.
– Previous work experience in Iraq and knowledge of the relevant socio-economic dynamics and policies;
– Previous work experience in education/health/livelihood projects is appreciated.
– Excellent knowledge of Italian and English (written and spoken).
– Knowledge of Arabic is appreciated.
Required skills and experiences
– Administrative-financial skills, project budget management, reporting;
– Excellent local stakeholder engagement capabilities.
– Excellent knowledge of the Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), internet navigation, and communication tools.
– Proactivity, autonomy, and flexibility.