AVSI FOUNDATION sta selezionando un/a Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Ruanda. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Da definire Scadenza candidature 11/06/2023
1. Raise households and community awareness about clean cooking and its environmental, social, health and economic benefits and about environment protection in general
2. Strengthen clean cooking sustainable value chain (including eco-briquettes and eco-charcoal) and promote the conscious, sustainable and sustained adoption/use of Improved cook stoves by households and institutions (schools); and pilot innovative clean cooking solutions (LPG and gas)
3. Promote afforestation/reforestation and availability of forest resources
4. Prospect and possibly implement activities towards carbon credits issuances
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Supervise and have the final responsibility for the implementation of all the project activities in accordance with the projected/approved proposal, budget, financial planning and time schedule
• Be responsible for the achievement of all project targets and key performance indicators
• Contribute to the recruitment, orientation and training of the projects’ staff
• Coordinate projects staff, strengthen their capacity, autonomy and sense of responsibility; and contribute to their further professional development
• Coordinate project baseline survey and project final evaluation, develop Project M&E plan and tools to be used
• Prepare a memorandum of understanding between AVSI and its partners for project implementation
• Organize steering committee meetings on regular basis
• Be responsible for the compliance with all AVSI and/or donor and/or government procedures (especially concerning procurement, logistic, safety and administration of the project) in concert with Operations Manager and Country Representative
• Ensure quality and sustainability of project(s) results through strategic and operational planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning (continuous improvement)
• Promote nexuses and synergies with other national and international projects, programs, interventions
• Elaborate narrative reports as per donor/governement procedures and proactively support the preparation of financial reports including the collection and verification of the relevant project documentation
• Elaborate any other reports as required by AVSI, local authorities and/or donor
• Maintain and develop proactive relationships with donors, partners, local authorities and with all stakeholders involved
• Periodically interact with HQs focal points for coordinating and sharing new strategies, innovations, lessons learnt, criticalities, trainings, workshops etc.
• Share within AVSI worldwide network the most significant experiences and lessons learnt together with the thematic focal point
• Represent AVSI in relevant sectorial (energy and environment) coordination structures (i.e. Clusters and Working groups) and other meetings at provincial/national level
• Identify new funding proposals also with other donors and program
• Carry-out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Environment studies, Rural Development, Economics, Management, Entrepreneurship, Development Studies or other related fields of study from a recognized university.
– Master’s degree in relevant field would be an added advantage
Work experience: at least 2 years of experience in development/Humanitarian context
-At least 3 years of experience in the sector
• Proficient knowledge of English and French (written and oral) C1. Kinyarwanda knowledge would be an added advantage.
Required skills and experiences
• Proficient knowledge of the standard IT software
• Experience in community-based approaches in project implementation,
• Strong organizational skills and able to coordinate and manage a diverse array of activities and stakeholders,
• Excellent communication skill. Fluent English and French (both oral and written).
• Strong negotiation and mediation skills and ability to work independently
• Report writing and computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, power point presentation and Internet.
• Experience in conducting surveys, managing data and statistics is desirable
• Experience in working in rural economic development or business development is desirable
• Commercial and technical knowledge of clean cooking protocols is desirable
• Willingness to travel and work in rural areas for most of the times
Please apply on avsi.org, thank you!