FONDAZIONE CESVI sta selezionando un/a Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Palestina. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 10/06/2023
CESVI has been working in Palestine since 1994 with emergency and development projects that have allowed the organization to acquire solid experience in WASH and Environment sectors.
In the WASH sector, CESVI has been working with projects financed by AICS, WB, UNICEF, HIF, SDC and OCHA guaranteeing the provision of basic services and improved access to water in terms of quantity and qualitative. In the waste sector, CESVI has been working with UNRWA, AICS, EU funds especially in Refugees camps of Tulkarem, Hebron and Shufat where it has built waste collection point, set up separate collection system and worked with the LA to strengthened the governance system.
CESVI is the only NGO in Palestine active member of the national thematic working group on SWM, held by MoLG/JICA, gathering relevant donors and aiming at improving the coordination and synergies for the sector. CESVI in Palestine combines the SW expertise with that in WASH and protection mainstreaming, ensuring that sanitation and hygiene impacts reach the most needed and vulnerable persons.
CESVI is currently implementing projects in the in Hebron and Gaza governorates, in consortium with local and international partners. The ongoing projects are funded by SDC and AICS.
The collaboration will start in June 2023. The main duty station will be in Jerusalem with frequent travels in the West Bank.
The project manager will work under the supervision of the Head of Mission and s/he has to coordinate with the Country Administrator.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- S/He will directly plan project and activities under the supervision of the Head of Mission
- S/He will coordinate the local staff
- S/He will ensure the project reporting in accordance with the deadlines, (activity planning, monthly project progress and final report).
- S/He will work in close collaboration with the Country Administrator in budgeting, forecast and control of financial flows and planning
- S/He will provide the processing of any potential project amendment or extension within the due times.
- S/He will be directly responsible for field staff recruitment and coordination.
- S/He will conduct training /mentoring /coaching for project staff team on an ongoing basis.
- S/He will guarantee that all the activities are in line with Donors’ and CESVIs’ procedures and rules.
- S/He will report to the donors and ensure the quality and accuracy of the technical information provided.
- S/He will actively participate to the Wash Working Group.
- S/He will write new project proposals in coordination with HQ and the field.
- S/He will liaise with relevant stakeholders.
- University degree and or Master in international cooperation
- Minimum 3 to 4 years’ project management experience in NGO, including experience directing and implementing programs in both protracted crisis and development contexts
- Prior experience in needs assessments and project proposal writing
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations of International donors as EU, AICS (Italian Cooperation Agency), etc.
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control
- Solid diplomatic and leadership skills in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners
- Capacity to acting effectively as a team member
- Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package)
- Excellent knowledge of English written and spoken.
- Experience in managing wash or waste projects
- Prior working experience in the Middle East and / or in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
- Knowledge of Arabic
- GROSS SALARY RANGE € 2.800 – € 3.500 PER MONTH
- € 400 MONTHLY HOUSE ALLOWANCE
- FULL HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE
- ONE ROUND-TRIP FLIGHT EVERY 12 MONTHS OF COLLABORATION
- 12 MONTHS, RENEWABLE
CESVI has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
CESVI’s commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
CESVI pays particular attention to safeguarding the health of all the human resources of the Organisation. Therefore, in order to protect its staff, an assessment of their suitability for the position in each mission is carried out before departure.
Please note: due to the high number of applications we receive, we cannot provide feedback if unsuccessful at the applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their applications.