International Institute of Humanitarian Law – IIHL sta selezionando un/a Institutional Engagement Associate Coordinator (fundraising) per il suo Department of International Refugee Law and Migration Law. Durata 6 mesi. Tipo di contratto: Consulenza. Scadenza candidature 30/05/2023
The Department of International Refugee Law and Migration Law (hereinafter: the Department) of the International Institute of Humanitarian Law (hereinafter: the Institute), Sanremo – Italy, calls for applications for the position of Institutional Engagement Associate Coordinator (fundraising).
The Institute, through the Department, aims at enhancing the knowledge and skills of government and civil society officials engaged in work with people in need of protection, namely refugees, internally displaced person (IDPs), stateless people and migrants.Through its training and horizontal sharing of experiences, the Department advocates for the safeguarding of human rights in a way that complements and adds to the efforts of relevant stakeholders in this field of protection. The Institute has a consolidated reputationworldwide and a long-lasting cooperation with international organizations, such as the United Nations High Commissioner forRefugees – UNHCR, the International Organization for Migration – IOM, and the International Committee of the Red Cross – ICRC.
The ideal candidate shares our values in promoting the respect of international law and the safeguarding of human rights through compelling contents in multiple formats. S/he is a proactive team player with solid interpersonal skills. S/he can provide thoroughinsights on how our Courses can be more impactful and identify new projects that the Department can engage into the benefit of itsobjectives and the mandate of the Institute.
• University Degree in Social Sciences, Public Relations, Economics or field relevant to the position;
• Additional studies on International Law, Human Rights and/or Communication and Graphic Design and/or Fundraising for humanitarian organizations are an asset;
• Demonstrated excellent proposal drafting and editing skills;
• Demonstrated experience (minimum 2 years) in fundraising for humanitarian organizations and/or NGOs;
• Demonstrated experience in liaising with external partners and stakeholders;
• Demonstrated experience in public awareness and advocacy initiatives related to the rights of forcibly displaced and stateless persons is an asset;
• Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising cycles, proposal formats and application procedures;
• Strong organizational and communication (written and oral) skills;
• Experience in working directly with forcibly displaced persons in need of protection and groups with specific needs is an asset;
• Demonstrated experience in developing visual components and digital content including photography, videography, graphic design is an asset;
• Ability to meet changing demands and to adapt to frequently changing priorities;
• Ability to set schedules, meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and work as part of a team in an international environment;
Terms of reference:
Under the supervision of the Lead Coordinator – Head of Institutional Engagement of the Department, the incumbent will:
• Contribute to the consolidation of relationships with donors and contributors to the program of the Department;
• Strengthen and update the fundraising strategy of the Department towards development actors, foundations, and the private sector;
• Conduct, in coordination with the Institutional Engagement Assistant, exploratory mapping of relevant potential international and stakeholders and update the relevant database;
• Advise the Lead Coordinator about realistic and achievable funding opportunities by prioritizing the best possible match between the scope of projects activities and the contributor ‘s areas of work;
• Draft, in coordination with the Institutional Engagement Assistant, precise and effective concept notes and project proposals;
• Compile data and narrative input from different colleagues working on the program to effectively prepare reports for donors, contributors and promotional initiatives;
• Prepare presentations, briefing notes, talking points and notes for meetings and missions;
• Contribute to the research on the current situation and statistics related to refugees, internally displaced persons, stateless people and migrants worldwide;
• Conduct any other tasks deemed necessary to achieve the Department’s objectives.
After the issuance of this vacancy, the Department reserves the right to initiate the selection process prior its deadline;
Starting date: 15 June 2023 (no later than 1 July 2023)
The incumbent will be offered a consultancy contract with the International Institute of Humanitarian Law until 31 December 2023, with a provisional period of two months. Subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance, the contract can be extended. The incumbent can perform daily work remotely and may be expected to travel to Sanremo, Italy and Geneva, Switzerland, and other locations upon request of the supervisor.