MEDICI SENZA FRONTIERE ONLUS sta selezionando un/a Career Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Italia. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Tempo det. Scadenza candidature 13/06/2023
MSF mandate is to provide medical care, always putting the patients and their primary needs first. We prioritize high quality care, even when working in difficult conditions and with limited resources. To do this, we must listen to our entities (MSF movement), to our field workers, and to the external environment that surrounds MSF in Italy.
Under the guidance of the Head of Career Managers and Recruiters, the Career Manager ensures the right match for the mission, responding to the HR demands coming from Operations, ensuring quantity and quality of the profiles of human resources available in the international staff (IS) pool. S/he acts as focal point before departure, during the mission and during debriefing. S/he contributes to the recruitment of humanitarian workers in collaboration with other career managers and the recruitment officers. S/he liaises with Operational Centres (OCs) regarding the HR needs and the matching of Italian expats on field missions.
Main Functional Activities
– Acts as link between pool managers in OCs and recruitment unit in MSF Italy regarding operational needs from missions
– Checks job profile of vacant posts and ensure the candidate meets the requirements of the post
– Proposes the best candidates to Pool Managers in the OCs for the vacant positions in the field, defending the candidatures with the support of the Recruitment Report/Profile Sheet and ensuring the availability of the people presented
– Organizes and update expatriates files (availability, evaluation form, profile sheet, competencies and skills) in the HR database. Shares references proactively
– Implements and updates statistics of mission departures, analysing main trends and needs
– Follows up yearly targets setting and monthly monitoring with the OCs, having in mind the specificity of the Italian Hr market and the field needs
– Acts as reference point for humanitarian workers recruited by MSF Italy. Ensures contact with them before departure and briefing, during their mission and in debriefing.
– Provides adequate support and advice concerning their professional progress within MSF
– Process end-of-mission evaluations and debriefs first mission humanitarian workers, highlighting the technical skills and competencies acquired and those needing improvement
– Ensures handover of expats profiles, matching and career development to the relevant career manager, after the end of expat’s mission.
– Ensures humanitarian workers receive adequate training before and during their mission
– Has a strategical vision over the field needs in the movement, in order to orientate recruitment for providing the best answers to those needs
– Participates to the recruitment process of humanitarian workers
– Collaborates to the implementation of the recruitment strategy, in collaboration with the recruitment unit
– Supports validation of CVs by OC’s technical referents before recruitment, when required
– Updates the HR database according to the different responsibilities/steps of the work
– At least 2 years of experience in HR (recruitment, career management and development, training, etc.)
– MSF experience (HQ or Field) is considered as an asset
– Strong communication and negotiation skills
– Strategic thinking
– Analytical thinking
– Teamwork and cooperation
– Stress resilience
– Knowledge of MSF profiles for field positions
– University degree
– Fluency in English. Italian and French are considered as a plus.
Fixed term contract of 12 months, with possibility of renoewal according to organizational needs. Full-time. Level I of Italian CCNL.
Gross Annual Salary: € 31.472– 38.472, depending on the experience of the selected candidate.
Starting date: July 2023.
Location: Hybrid. MSF Italy Rome office, and from home. Occasional travels to Europe.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants not invited for interview within 4 weeks from the closure of the vacancy may consider their applications unsuccessful.
MSF-Italy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.