INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Grants and Compliance Intern– HQ da inserire nella sua operatività in Italia. Durata 6 mesi. Tipo contratto: Stage/Tirocinio Scadenza candidature 31/08/2023
Grants and Compliance Intern– HQ
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Grants and Compliance Intern
Duty station: HQ, Rome (4 months) + Field Mission (2 months)
Starting date: 11/09/2023
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Head of Grants and Compliance Unit
Supervision of: –
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
The internship will take place for four months in the G&C Unit of the Rome office, while the last two months of the internship will be done in a country office.
General purpose of the position
At the end of the 6 months training the intern will gain:
- Experience in preparing special reports, studies, and analyses regarding donor’s guidelines, with complete acknowledgment of technicalities for proposal and reporting.
- Proven database/record management related to the use of different donor portals and their updating (e.g. APPEL, ART, PROSPECT, UN PORTAL).
- Good understanding of the communication protocol within HQ and operations/project management.
- Good knowledge of standards/tools required for project management and reporting mechanism and follow-up in verification of the proper use.
- Direct experience in donor’s compliance verification, being deployed in the project implementation field
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Support the Unit in updating the IMP (Intersos management platform) Grant & Compliance project management database (proposal status, reporting status, refusal analysis).
- Support the Unit in analyzing the donor’s guidelines and their modifications during the period. Donors’ portfolio will be proposed according to an inception evaluation.
- Support in summarizing proposal negotiation and reporting findings
- Support in prompt response to various donor’s requests.
- Other activities related to the needs of the Unit
Required profile and experience
- Master’s Degree / Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science / International Relations / Law / any other related field
- Specific course/master’s in project cycle management will be considered a plus
- Any volunteer / internship experience in social projects/development countries will be considered a plus
- Good Office skills (especially Excel)
- Confident in using IT tools and platform
- Familiar with PCM and Data analysis
- English fluent
- French is a plus
- Precision and attention to details
- Organization skills
- Good research and writing skills
- Adherence to humanitarian principles
- Willing to adhere to INTERSOS’ Mission and Vision
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-XXXX – Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.