INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Project Manager – multisector (WASH, Protection, H&N) da inserire nella sua operatività in Yemen. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 21/07/2023
Project Manager – multisector (WASH, Protection, H&N) – Yemen
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Project Manager – multisector (WASH, Protection, H&N)
Duty station: 100% Ibb, with weekly visits to Sana’a hub
Starting date: 01/08/2023
Contract duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Program coordinator/Deputy Head of Mission North
Supervision of: PM assistant, Activity Coordinators per sector, reporting officer, while sector supervision will technically be supported by sector coordinators in charge on following the particular project
Dependents: non-family duty station
General context of the project
The project will provide emergency Health and Nutrition (H&N) services, integrated with Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) and protection services for all conflict affected people in two districts in Ibb (Dhi Suffal and Al-Udayn), in an inclusive manner, with special focus on IDPs and women and children. INTERSOS will pursue the reduction of mortality and morbidity in the two districts by supporting the provision of lifesaving health and nutrition services in existing health facilities (HFs), which will be rehabilitated with the main focus on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) improvements to prevent/reduce spreading of water-borne diseases. In parallel, emergency protection services will be provided in the HFs, with outreach in the HF catchment area whenever required. Community volunteers will ensure community acceptance, and work on cultural barriers mitigation towards all urgent needs and risks related to H&N, protection, and WASH. Direct referrals from health, nutrition, and WASH teams will help in the identification of the most vulnerable cases, while referrals from protection to H&N and WASH services will be equally beneficial to achieve the project’s objectives.
General purpose of the position
The Project Manager (PM) is in charge of the implementation and supervision of the activities of the project ensuring timely and qualitative planning, implementation, reporting, and monitoring/evaluation of INTERSOS activities in compliance with sector-specific SOPs, Sphere standards, and good practices, code of conduct and ethical values chart.
The PM is responsible for efficient financial management for the project in compliance with INTERSOS’ model and donor regulations, in addition to full oversight of the HR and logistics arrangement in cooperation with relevant departments.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Ensures the planning, implementation, and monitoring/evaluation and sets targets as included in the project description and smooth and effective closure of the project.
- Guarantee efficient financial management and closure of the project and all the funds liquidated as per the financial plan for the project in compliance with INTERSOS’ model and donor regulations.
- Team management and project integration assurance for teams and sectors; in close cooperation and coordination with sector coordinators/officers.
- Deliver quality project activities reporting, including the findings in terms of impact/changes at the level of beneficiaries achieved through the project.
- Deliver timely quality monthly, interim, and final project reports.
- Ensure the full and timely implementation of the project pro-actively respecting deadlines for reporting:
- Follow up and monitor field team detailed activities
- Maintain clear reporting and communication lines
- Verification on the targeting of beneficiaries as per the project document
- Ensure sector SOPs and guidelines are properly applied and adhered to
- Permanent on-job coaching of teams to work on quality in delivery
- Ensure security assessment for teams’ daily movement and report incidents/concerns in a pro-active manner to the deputy Head of Mission and Head of Mission and Operational Risk Assessment officer (ORAO) North
Financial management and procurement:
- Prepare, monitor and implement financial and procurement plan
- Prepare weekly liquidity plans
- Approval of all purchases/contracting and budget line allocations
- Verify on a weekly basis the bookkeeping entries in the INTERSOS accounting spread sheets (Journal): verify budget line allocations, budget expenditure status against actual delivery and the financial plan for the remainder project implementation period
- Ensure for all purchases/contracting of goods/services/supplies the correct INTERSOS procurement guidelines are applied and properly documented, in close coordination with the admin-fin and logistics department
- Verify the list of expenditures prior to finalizing the interim and final financial reports
- Holds final responsibility for verification of all support documents’ completeness and correctness
- Manage team and to provide relevant capacity building and on-job coaching to the project team:
- Manages and evaluates the performance of the project staff.
- Conduct weekly and monthly meetings with the team to review the planning and discuss the main concerns to focus on for the upcoming period.
- Ensure use of correct/relevant forms for reporting by the team.
- Ensure fluent chain of information/data transfer from field to supervisors.
- Ensure timely processing of information/data and conduct coaching for teams on the analysis of the processed data.
- Continuous/fast verification of data quality collected and received from field staff.
- Maintain participatory process to inform/develop relevant response strategies for conflict mitigation and enhanced social cohesion.
- Undertake (if security situation allows) field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision to the team and to monitor the progress and quality of the different project activities.
- Follow up on the system for internal and external referral of most vulnerable cases, in close coordination and collaboration with other INTERSOS programmes/project staff.
- Oversee team attendances and authorize holidays, liaise with HR department to secure up to date HR files.
- Ensure teams respect INTERSOS rules and guidelines to the mission and adhere to INTERSOS code of conduct and charter of values.
Monitoring & evaluation:
- Ensure monitoring and verification for the targeting of beneficiaries.
- Applying a result-based management approach, monitor the project outcomes, in addition to the outputs and activities, including impact at the household and community level achieved through the project.
- Ensure quality reporting on achievements through daily short briefings, monthly and weekly planning presented against weekly and monthly performance reports containing clear quantitative and qualitative information related to the activities.
- Secure weekly and monthly reporting per team and compile, review and analyses reports on monthly bases to be reflected in INTERSOS PAT reporting tool
- Prepare ad hoc progress reporting for the donor and official required interim and final project reports: Prepare interim and final narrative reports for the donor in a timely and qualitative manner, looking into achievements against outcomes and output and reflect lessons learnt clearly into recommendations for future programming. Reporting must at all times be gender and age disaggregated.
- Holds final responsibility for all support documents (means of verification) and general project documents.
- Delivers regular communication products (including pictures) on the project to be used by the INTERSOS communication department in different outlets.
Coordination and representation:
- Attend the relevant cluster meetings and ensure timely reporting of highlights to the program coordinator/deputy HOM and sector coordinators/officers.
- Ensure regular updates to donor representatives.
- Contribute to the coordination between the different project-teams for the projects in Yemen. Proactively participate in cluster meetings and other relevant working groups for Yemen, also relevant inter-sectorial coordination meetings at national level.
- Ensure systematic information and update sharing with the program coordinator and other relevant programme staff.
- Coordinate with other INTERSOS projects/sectors in Ibb for effective and efficient referral of cases between INTERSOS projects/sectors.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Required profile and experience
Hold a Master degree in any relevant field
- At least 3 years of direct professional experience working as a humanitarian project manager, including financial management responsibilities.
- Prior work experience in INGO in project management.
- Demonstrate a minimum 3 year’s experience in the implementation of multi-sector humanitarian programming in complex emergencies, including protection, WASH, health, and nutrition services (experienced in a minimum 2 out of 4 sectors)
- Prior experience in working in complex emergency settings, involving internal displacement
- Relevant work experience in the Middle East
- Prior experience working with BHA as a donor will be an added value
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with donors and government counterparts.
- Experience with donor compliance and reporting
- Strong representation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy, in particular Excel knowledge is a must).
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision and remote management
- Strong experience with monitoring tools and systems
- Excellent written and spoken English
- native Arabic would be asset
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Excellent ability to establish inter-personal relations and good negotiation skills
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks (very organized)
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented (pro-active)
- Readiness and ability to move around in Yemen
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment (stress-resilient)
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure; while living in a heavy movement restricted living environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/missioni/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/639739d8bbd5400024e15b32/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.