INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Regional Logistics and Supply Coordinator – HQ da inserire nella sua operatività in Italia. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 27/07/2023
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Regional Logistics and Supply Coordinator
Duty station: Regional Office for Emergency (Rome, Italy) with up to 50% field missions
Starting date: 01/08/2023
Contract duration: 12 months renewable
Reporting to: Filipe Louraco Costa – Director of Logistics
Supervision of: Functional Supervisor – Country Logistics and Supply Coordinators/Managers
Dependents: non-family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS is a humanitarian organisation founded in 1992, working on the frontlines of crisis situations. In its countries of operation, INTERSOS intervenes to assist the most vulnerable populations affected by conflicts, extreme poverty, natural and manmade disasters in challenging and hard-to-reach areas, where the humanitarian needs continue to be the greatest and where the humanitarian presence is often weak. In such contexts, INTERSOS focuses on providing forcibly displaced populations and host communities with life-saving humanitarian assistance, in the areas of Protection, Health & Nutrition, as well as WASH and Shelter.
INTERSOS operations are guided by its Charter of Values and by the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence. Every intervention is characterized by the centrality of the human being, the principle from which INTERSOS values descend. Specifically, INTERSOS is borderless, impartial, independent, sensitive to local cultures, attentive to local capacity, professional in solidarity, and transparent. INTERSOS also adheres to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Managing effectively an agile Supply-Chain and resilient Logistics Operations guarantees that our missions are well equipped to deliver the required assistance and that all goods and services meet the highest quality specifications.
We are currently looking for a motivated and solution-orientated Regional Logistics and Supply Coordinator to join the INTERSOS Logistics and Supply Department where it will be involved with the daily Supply-Chain and Logistics Operations management of missions across the region.
General purpose of the position
Based in Rome, and under the supervision of the Director of Logistics, the Regional Logistics and Supply Coordinator will oversee and support INTERSOS’s Supply Chain and Logistics Operations in collaboration with the Regional Office and the Country Logistics Departments, and in line with INTERSOS’s humanitarian response programmes.
The Emergency RLSC will cover the following countries: Moldova, Ukraine, Iran, Afghanistan, Venezuela and Colombia. He/she will also provide close support to Italy and Greece missions.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Coordination and support
- Collaborate with the Headquarters Logistics Department to improve Supply Chain and Logistics operational systems and ensure standard operation policies and procedures are adhered to. Support initiatives and special projects implementation.
- Participate in the definition of a Global Supply Chain and Logistics Operations Annual Action Plan (AAP) and Preparedness Plan and the necessary KPI’s to monitor implementation.
- Propose collaborative approaches to humanitarian – private partnerships on the field of Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- Liaise with the Global Supply Office to plan sourcing and procurement strategies for the region missions.
- Collaborate with the ICT Coordinator to ensure ICT development needs of missions and regions are translated into the HQ Logistics Department AAP.
- Collaborate with the HQ Logistics Department and HR Department to develop new training materials.
- Collaborate with Regional Office to ensure that Supply Chain and Logistics Operations procedures are well understood and enforced in a coordinated manner at regional level and to present a consolidated approach and teamwork for mission support and management.
- Review project proposals Supply Chain and Logistics Operations components and actively contribute to all Project Cycle Management phases, meetings, and strategic exercises, by sharing information on assessments and proposed interventions, providing overview and inputs of Supply Chain and Logistics Operations requirements for the development of project proposals and subsequent projects.
- Participate in the definition of a Supply Chain and Logistics Operations Annual Action Plan (AAP) for the region and the necessary KPI’s to monitor implementation.
- Be available for immediate deployment to assist missions Senior Management Teams or the RO for Emergency to mount rapid and effective emergency response operations.
- Facilitate communication and cross learning for all Regional staff.
- Engage in regional forums such as the Logistics Cluster, or any other institutional collaboration mechanism to advocate INTERSOS logistics needs and contribute to coordinated approaches with other relevant humanitarian stakeholders.
- Provide support and guidance to all Country Offices in designated regions including oversight of all Supply Chain and Logistics Operations functions in line with INTERSOS and donor policies and regulations.
- Work with the Heads of Mission and Senior Management Teams to improve Supply Chain and Logistics operational systems and ensure standard operation policies and procedures are adhered to. Participate in the definition of a Supply Chain and Logistics Operations Annual Action Plan (AAP) for the missio and the necessary KPI’s to monitor implementation.
- Provide hands-on contributions to in-country personnel on all SC & LO matters when mobilizing and implementing new projects or closing out.
Logistics Information Management
- Ensure that data reported in INTERSOS Logistics software (Intersos Management Platform – IMP) is correctly used and accurate. Provide training to missions if required.
- Elaborate a quarterly Supply-Chain and Logistics Operation report for the region of operation and submit it to the Headquarters Logistics Department.
- Work with the Mission Logistics Departments to ensure the monthly reporting schedule is in place. Provide review, analysis and feedback to each mission resulting in actionable improvements in the execution of functions.
- Monitor the defined yearly Key Performance Indicators.
IT Infrastructure and Communications
- Ensure that missions have an appropriate IT and Communications infrastructure and equipment to sustain INTERSOS software platforms and in line with policies and procedures. Draft Regional and Mission asset acquisition plans.
- Support the implementation of INTERSOS Logistics software in missions.
Supply-Chain Management and Procurement
- Support Region and Missions to plan procurement activities and ensure that all project procurement plans are created and uploaded on IMP before project starting dates by liaising with Country Logistics Coordinator and Project Managers. Improved usage of procurement plan (consolidation of plans with transversal Framework Agreements and centralised international sourcing) and through procurement planning build supply/sourcing strategy for each mission.
- Monitoring overall procurement performance for Region and Mission. Ensuring effective and cost efficient procurement planning and execution while guaranteeing INTERSOS and donor procurement policies and procedures is known and being adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that all missions have an updated pre-qualified supplier list and support on the organisation of Local Market Assessments to ascertain that INTERSOS suppliers represent best value for money and lead-times while being compliant with INTERSOS contracting procedures.
- Plan and collaborate with the Global Supply Office and HQ Medical Unit on International Procurement processes. Follow up on the payment to suppliers in coordination with Regional Finance Coordinators and the GSO.
- Review and/or approve (checking for accuracy & compliance) all high level procurements, framework agreements, leases and other large value, high risk financial commitments. Review Regional and Mission ongoing contract execution and propose improvements.
- Work with the Headquarters Logistics Department and Internal auditor to address key risks, audit findings and complaints on procurement and propose mitigation measures.
Assets and Inventory management
- Assess and support mission warehouse management; ensure systems and reporting are in place for the effective storage and distribution of all program stocks. Support in the trial and rollout of INTERSOS inventory management system.
- Assess and support in country mission asset management; ensuring that all mission assets registered in IMP are documented, issued with unique INTERSOS asset numbers, tagged and logged according to asset management policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the inventory and assets management for the Region and ensuring that missions perform quarterly assets and inventory counts.
- Assess and support country mission fleet management; ensure appropriate allocation and safe use is achieved throughout the servicing of programs and staff; rental service agreements and contracting is done in alignment with INTERSOS procurement standards and fuel and maintenance systems are in place.
- Ensure that INTERSOS Fleet Management model, movement security protocols and Brand Identity Manual is applied in missions.
- Contribute to the development of sustainable approaches to transportation management by streamlining INTERSOS environmental policy.
- Assess and support country mission facility management – Offices, Bases, Guesthouses and Warehouses ensuring that rental agreements and contracting is done in alignment with INTERSOS procurement standards and that facilities are in line with INTERSOS guidelines on work, living and security conditions.
- Identify gaps and propose improvement plans in coordination with the Country Logistics Department and Head of Mission.
- Contribute to the development of sustainable approaches to facility management by streamlining INTERSOS environmental policy.
Human Resources management
- Support the HQ Human Resources department on the recruitment of Country Logistics Coordinators/Managers by reviewing technical tests and conducting technical interviews to the candidates. Support the management of the Logistics rooster and pool.
- Provide induction to new senior Logistics staff providing, as needed, inductions, refresher training and capacity building training to staff in all standard Supply Chain and Logistics Operations IT Tools and SOP. Provide training to program and other support staff on critical SC and LO policies & procedures.
- In collaboration with the Head of Mission, perform and manage the Internal Review Process (IRP) of the Country Logistics Coordinators/Managers.
- Organize weekly operations meetings with the Country Logistics Coordinator/Manager and monthly Country Logistics Meetings.
- Provide regular review and assessment of staffing structures and functions in the Missions with the aim to strengthen overall efficiency and accountability.
- Perform annual assessments of Mission’s Logistics Department and determine in collaboration with HQ HR Department, HoM and SMT the ideal staffing structure with a plan to support transition (staffing and funding) to an ideal structure over the course of the year.
- Provide support to the Security Manager as a focal point for communication and information flow.
- Facilitating the implementation of the INTERSOS security guidance, taking part in security briefings and / or training to be imparted to national and international staff, monitoring their enforcement, other to be defined in collaboration with the Head of Mission and HQ Senior Security Advisor.
Required profile and experience
- Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or Supply-Chain & Logistics Management.
- Advanced studies in Humanitarian Logistics, Procurement and/or Operations management are considered distinctive factors.
- 5 years or more experience in logistics management and coordination in the NGO sector, within complex/large scale country programmes and in emergency response/humanitarian environments .
- International experience in supply chain management in an emergency environment including procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse, and stock management
- Proven experience in all technical areas of logistics operations including procurement, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management, medical logistics, communications, and security.
- Experience of working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure.
- Experience working with large institutional donors and knowledge of their rules and regulations.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with an analytic approach.
- Ability to work in a participatory manner with colleagues to assess needs, implement and monitor supply activities.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Experience in development and implementation of efficient logistics systems, procedures and guidelines.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity
- Knowledge of using / Implementation of Software / ERP.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively within the region.
- Substantial training and capacity building experience.
- Proficient in English and Spanish.
- French and Arabic are considered an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/italia/#intersosorg-vacancies-italy/vacancy-details/64494e23f019c7002813e6f2/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password and citizenship), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references: two line managers and one HR referent. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.