COOPI COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE sta selezionando un/a Emergency Admin/Finance Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Paesi vari. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Tempo det. Scadenza candidature 04/09/2023
COOPI is looking for an Emergency Admin/Finance Manager for its Emergency Roster
COOPI Emergency Roster is a multi-functional team of experienced emergency professionals who can be deployed as a team or individually to provide leadership as well as technical support in assessment and response to declared emergencies within 72 hours of the onset of the emergency, for an average duration of 3 weeks. The team is led by the Head of Emergency Unit and consists of 6 members (Emergency Program Manager, Emergency Log, Finance/Admin manager, Protection Advisor, FSL Advisor, WASH Advisor). Roster members may also be asked to support COOPI Emergency Unit and Regional Coordination teams for ad hoc missions to countries affected by emergencies or other circumstances where deployments are exceptionally sought for situations that are in the process of being analysed and considered for a declaration of an emergency level or based on corporate reasons (priorities) as decided by COOPI Director and COOPI Head of Emergency Unit.
- In collaboration with the Emergency Response Team planning, implementing and monitoring the financial operational and budget needs in order to ensure budgets are relevant and appropriate;
- Provide support to the Emergency Response Team in drafting of new projects and budget preparation. In collaboration with Regional Finance Coordinator, managing the funding agreements with donors e.g. coordinating and preparing proposals and financial reports to donors and managing donor contracts;
- Ensure proper implementation and respect of COOPI policies and guidelines and compliance with donors procedures, ensuring they are aligned with legal requirements and within the national legal framework, and designing or adapting relevant local policies, procedures and tools for optimized management of the mission’s financial resources;
- Coordinate and ensure the efficient management of the treasury including the whole accounting of the mission, in order to ensure the smooth running of operations at all times and maintaining as much control as possible on security risks. This includes among other things, define minimum levels of cash, anticipate planned expenditures, manage local bank accounts and transfer of funds, manage contacts with banks and/or other financial institutions at mission level, and monitor the payment of suppliers and staff salaries;
- Coordinate and manage the HR Administrative Finance team and participates to the HR processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, internal communication);
- Follows the HR and Administration related issues at mission level (recruitment, contracting of national employees’, remuneration of staff, etc.) in compliance with local Labor Law and the legal requirements of the Country;
- Identifies the best local sources of recruitment according to the needs of the missions with the objective of recruiting professionals;
- In collaboration with the Emergency Logistics Manager ensure the proper execution of goods, works and services procurement processes and conformity to COOPI and donors procedures;
- Ensures, in close collaboration with the relevant departments, that all international and internal movements in the missions are properly managed (visas, tickets, dates of arrival/departure, etc.) and ensures accommodation by informing all relevant people;
- Any other duties not listed, but considered necessary to the mission and as directed by the Emergency Unit.
- Minimum 4 years relevant work experience in the humanitarian sector as Admin/Fin manager, especially in fragile and unstable environments;
- Advanced university degree in Finance, Business Administration or other related field;
- Availability of three weeks with 72 hours’ notice;
- Fluency in English and French;
- Demonstrate experience with different donors compliance and reporting;
- Flexibility, ability to perform and assure high accuracy in work under high level of stress;
- Service Orientation;
- Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation;
- Capacity to work in volatile security environment and to adapt to basic living conditions;
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices;
- Knowledge of monitoring tools and systems;
- Prior experience in working with communities, internal displacement and/or refugees and in complex emergency settings;
- Willing to leave unaccompanied.
- Spanish knowledge desirable.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled, thanks for understanding.
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. For more than 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.