INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Programme Manager South da inserire nella sua operatività in Ucraina. Durata 6 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 14/09/2023
Programme Manager South- Ukraine
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Programme Manager South
Duty station: Odesa with up to 50% travels in the South and in projects locations where required
Starting date: 15/10/2023
Contract duration: 6
Reporting to: Head of Programmes
Supervision of:Project National staff
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
The war broke out in Ukraine in February 2022. Since then, millions of people have spread within the country, raising a big concern on how to manage such an immense flux of people. In order to provide emergency humanitarian relief, INTERSOS has entered Ukraine shortly after the outbreak of the conflict and set up its first emergency response operations.
Currently INTERSOS team in Ukraine consists of 225 staff, operating across 5 bases, covering operational areas of: Lviv, Vinnytsia, Poltava, Odesa, Dnipropetrovsk, Kharkiv, Mykolaiv and Donetsk Oblasts providing protection and medical assistance to internally displaced persons (IDPs), their host communities, and life-saving humanitarian assistance to persons in highest needs in frontline and newly accessible areas
General purpose of the position
In collaboration with Head of Programme, define and plan programme objectives and priorities according to Intersos strategic direction, identifying humanitarian needs, analysing context and humanitarian issues at stake, risks and constraints and calculating human and financial needs.
Manage, in collaboration with Head of Base, operations, strategic growth and strong external and internal representation to efficiently ensure the programme goals and improve targeted population’s conditions and humanitarian situation. S/he is responsible for the overall development, management, planning, implementation, and monitoring of programs implemented under the area of responsibility.
The Programme Manager brings together the different projects components and ensures quality and timely reports to the donor.
The Programme Manager is budget holder and supervises/monitors closely the financial planning, liquidity planning and budget utilization/burn rate monitoring.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Ensures the planning, implementation and monitoring/evaluation and sets targets as included in the project description. Flag significant deviation from the program implementation plan and estimated expenditures; alert relevant staff.
- Guarantee an efficient financial management as main budget holder for the programme in compliance with INTERSOS’ model and donor regulations.
- Team management (staff and volunteers);
- Deliver quality programme activities reporting, including the findings in terms of impact/changes at the level of beneficiaries achieved through the projects, compliant and consistent reporting per INTERSOS and donor requirements, in close collaboration with the Grants Unit
- Develop clear understanding of INTERSOS program among projects teams – ensure also timely input/feedback by team on strategic issues.
- Contribute with the Head of Base to strategic growth and program/project development.
- Ensure clear overview of actors and services in area of intervention, permitting development and implementation of partnerships and referral pathways.
- Working closely with Protection and Medical technical coordinators in order to ensure quality of service delivered and respect of Protection and Medical procedures and standards
- Comply and abide with Intersos policies
- Ensure that program delivery matches INTERSOS and donor technical minimum standards and seek technical advice and MEAL guidance and tools.
- Supervise the implementation, monitoring, development and evaluation of the programmes in collaboration with the project teams
- Prepare regular updates of programme activities work-plan and related financial plan, ensuring timely and quality implementation in compliance with INTERSOS and donor guidelines and in line with the projects and sector-specific strategies
- In collaboration with the MEAL team develop tools to assess, analyse and evaluate the project’s impact
- Perform regular field visits to the project locations to ensure the quality of the intervention in compliance with the internal and donors’ standard
- Work closely with partnership officer to oversee partnership implementation and regularly update on progress with project manager
- Guarantee close coordination and interaction with the other Program/Project Managers and technical coordinators to ensure harmonization of modalities of implementation, tools, approaches, etc.
- Coordination with Head of Base, constantly monitor and analyse the humanitarian situation in the area of responsibility, to evaluate with the Head of Programme and Head of Base, the possibility to organise fast emergency interventions for affected populations
- In collaboration with Head of Base and technical coordinators design and revise projects proposals
- Invest in building relationships, both with the outside community and with the population that Intersos is targeting
- Provide constant update progress of the projects to Head of Base and Head of Programme/Programme coordinator
- Represent Intersos in relevant working groups, and other forum (clusters, donors meetings) in the Intersos programmatic context as delegated by Head of Base and Head of Programme/Programme coordinator. Ensure timely reporting of highlights to Head of Programme, Technical Coordinators and Head of Base.
- In coordination with Head of Base and Head of Programme ensure regular update to donors representatives
- Ensure the programme’s institutional memory, keeping written records (and file them) on its development, in order to broadcast INTERSOS achievements and improve awareness
- Ensure regular internal reporting and elaborating, in coordination with Grants Unit, contractual reports according with donor rules and regulation.
- Ensure INTERSOS Project Appraisal Tool is accurate through data collection and timely submission.
- Monitor the project data collection with relevant technical referent, analysis and reporting on a timely basis to ensure a correct use of the internal DB and monitoring tools.
- Supervises and advises Project Manager (PM) in the area responsability.
- In coordination with the HR department and relevant Managers, plan and organize the organizational charts, distribute tasks and workload among the teams, guiding their comprehension of the issues linked to the programme and the mission through regular working meetings and feedback, in order to ensure an efficient deployment of the resources and the achievement of the expected goals
- Inform the field team on the instructions given by the coordination promoting fluent, smooth written and oral communication and information flow and ensuring confidentiality.
- In coordination with the HR department and relevant managers and technical coordinators, identify training needs, building the capacity, coordinate, supervise and motivate the staffs, supports ad hoc training sessions and on-the-job training, provide individual follow up and coaching, carry out end of mission evaluation of the team members and lead internal communication initiatives in order to facilitate people’s integration and professional development and to maximize their capabilities and commitment to INTERSOS values and project’s goals
- In coordination with the HR department is responsible for ensuring that the programme staffs are trained and respect INTERSOS policies, rules and regulations
Finance and logistics
- Plan and monitor the financial expenditures ensuring the correct reporting and accounting of expenditures as per defined budget. In coordination with the Finance department supervise project financial indicators in order ensure efficiency and early detect deviations and their causes
- In coordination with the Head of Base plan and ensure overall supervision of the procurements for the programme needs, monitoring the progress with relevant project manager
Required profile and experience
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International Relations, Humanitarian and International Cooperation or related field
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in management of humanitarian project/programme, including financial management and logistics responsibilities
- Minimum 1 year experience in the implementation of multi-sector humanitarian programming and in security context analysis
- Experience in complex emergency setting and insecure countries
- Administration, finance and budget management skills
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Analytical thinking, analysis capacity and strategic program development skills
- Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with donors and government counterparts, and with donors compliance and reporting
- Strong representation and negotiation skills
- Ability to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Strong interpersonal skills: communication, diplomatic skills and problem-solver
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
- Knowledge of Ukrainian/Russian is highly desirable
- Organisation skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password and citizenship), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references: two line managers and one HR referent. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.