INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Project Coordinator da inserire nella sua operatività in Yemen. Durata 6 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 29/09/2023
Project Coordinator- Yemen
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Duty station: Aden & Sana’a, Yemen > roving
Starting date: 01/12/2023
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Programme Coordinator
Supervision of:Project Managers, activity coordinators and reporting officers
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS will be implementing a project funded by DG ECHO in Yemen, entitled: “Provision of emergency health and nutrition services, with integration of protection services, for conflict and displacement affected people in Aden, Hajja and Lahj governorates”.
General purpose of the position
DG ECHO funded grants in INTERSOS Yemen mission are managed by national Project Managers: different project managers for different sectors and different geographical zones (H&N, protection, and North and South).
The project coordinator brings together the different project components (following the national PMs throughout the project cycle, coaching and guiding them in the process so they develop their capacities) and ensures quality and timely reports to the donor (monthly, ad hoc, interim and final reports to donor).
The project coordinator ensures constant engagement by/with different support departments to ensure timely support to the project team.
The project coordinator also ensures close communication with DG ECHO, in collaboration with the grants manager, program coordinators and technical coordinators.
The project coordinator is budget holder for the whole project grant/budget and supervises/monitors closely the financial planning, liquidity planning and budget utilisation/burn rate monitoring.
The financial/budget management is the final responsibility of the project coordinator for the specific project and he/she must ensure that this goes together with a close log frame and work plan monitoring.
The project coordinator works closely together with logistics department to develop, monitor and update the timely and accurately the project specific procurement plan, with special attention for the procurement of drugs and medical equipment, among others.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Ensures the planning, implementation, and monitoring/evaluation and sets targets as included in the project description.
- Guarantee efficient financial management for the project in compliance with INTERSOS’ model and donor regulations.
- Team management (staff and volunteers)
- Deliver quality project activities reporting, including the findings regarding impact/changes at the level of beneficiaries achieved through the project.
Ensure the full and timely implementation of the project proposal as approved, pro-actively respecting deadlines for reporting:
- Team recruitment, liaise with admin-fin department to secure up to date HR files
- Prepare and organize training for volunteers and staff
- Project kick-off and presentation/sharing of project with teams
- Review and prepare a detailed activity plan with team
- Agree and establish clear reporting and communication lines
- Verification on the targeting of beneficiaries
- Ensure sector SOPs and guidelines are properly applied and adhered to
- Permanent on-job coaching of teams to work on quality in delivery
- Ensure security assessment for teams’ daily movement and report incidents/concerns in a pro-active manner to the Head of Mission and Security Focal point
- Secure drug store management
Financial management and procurement:
- Prepare, monitor and implement financial and procurement plan
- Prepare weekly liquidity plan
- Approval of all purchases/contracting and budget line allocations
- Verify on a weekly basis the bookkeeping entries in the INTERSOS accounting spread sheets (JOURNAL): verify budget line allocations, budget expenditure status against actual delivery and the financial plan for the remainder project implementation period
- Ensure for all purchases/contracting of goods/services/supplies the correct INTERSOS procurement guidelines are applied and properly documented (also for the procedures applied by the municipalities), in close coordination with the admin-fin and logistics department
- Verify the list of expenditures prior to finalizing the interim and final financial reports
- Holds final responsibility for verification of all support documents’ completeness and correctness
Manage team and to provide relevant capacity building and on-job coaching to the project team:
- Manages and evaluates the performance of the project staff
- Conduct weekly and monthly meetings with the team to review the planning and discuss the main concerns to focus on for the upcoming period
- Ensure use of correct/relevant forms for assessments and reporting by the team
- Ensure fluent chain of information/data transfer from field to supervisors
- Ensure timely processing of information/data and conduct coaching for teams on the analysis of the processed data
- Continuous/fast verification of data quality collected and received from field staff
- Establish a participatory process to inform/develop relevant response strategies for conflict mitigation and enhanced social cohesion.
- Undertake (if security situation allows) field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision to the team and to monitor the progress and quality of the different project activities.
- Ensure good practice and system for internal and external referral of most vulnerable cases, in close coordination and collaboration with other INTERSOS programmes/project staff.
- Oversee team attendances and authorize holidays, liaise with admin-fin department to secure up-to-date HR files
- Ensure teams respect INTERSOS rules and guidelines to the mission and adhere to INTERSOS code of conduct and charter of values
Monitoring & evaluation:
- Ensure monitoring and verification for the targeting of beneficiaries.
- Applying a result-based management approach, monitor the project outcomes, in addition to the outputs and activities, including changes at the household and community level achieved through the project.
- Ensure quality reporting on achievements through daily short briefings , monthly and weekly planning presented against weekly and monthly performance reports containing clear quantitative and qualitative information related to the activities.
- Secure weekly and monthly reporting per team and compile, review, and analyses reports on a monthly basis to be reflected in INTERSOS PAT reporting tool
- Prepare ad hoc progress reporting for the donor and official required interim and final project reports: Prepare interim and final narrative reports for the donor in a timely and qualitative manner, looking into achievements against outcomes and output and reflecting lessons learned clearly into recommendations for future programming. Reporting must always be gender and age disaggregated per OCHA gender and age marker guidelines.
- Holds final responsibility for all support documents (means of verification) and general project documents
- Delivers regular communication products (including pictures) on the project to be used by the INTERSOS communication department in different outlets
Coordination and representation:
- Attend the health cluster meetings and ensure timely reporting of highlights to HNC, program coordinator and HoM.
- Conduct regular meetings with the donor representatives and facilitates field visits by donor missions (when security allows for).
- Coordinate with MoPHP, Executive Unit for IDPs and MOPIC to assure the timely signature of sub-agreement.
- Support INTERSOS with the outlining of its Yemen Country strategy.
- Contribute to the coordination between the different project-teams for the projects in Yemen. Proactively participate in health cluster meetings and other relevant working groups for Yemen, also relevant inter-sectorial coordination meetings at national level.
- Ensure systematic information and update sharing with the programme coordinators.
- Coordinate with other INTERSOS projects/sectors for effective and efficient referral of cases between INTERSOS projects/sectors
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Required profile and experience
- Hold an BA degree in any related field; MA is a plus
- At least 2 years of professional experience working with humanitarian NGOs, working in program design and evaluation.
- Demonstrate active direct experience in dealing with grant(s) funded by DG ECHO
- Demonstrate excellent familiarity with Project Cycle Management
- Prior work experience in complex humanitarian settings and/or the Middle East region is desirable.
- Familiarity with international humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors, UN agencies, and NGOs.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong experience with monitoring tools and systems.
- Excellent written and spoken English – Arabic would be asset
- Excellent analytical skills, observation, and analysis capacity
- Solid interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Excellent ability to establish inter-personal relations and good negotiation skills
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks (very organized)
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented (proactive)
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environments (stress-resilient)
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure while living in a heavy movement-restricted living environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password and citizenship), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references: two line managers and one HR referent. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.