MEDICI SENZA FRONTIERE sta selezionando un/a Senior HR Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Paesi vari. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Tempo det. Scadenza candidature 31/08/2023
MSF is an independent international medical relief organisation, with more than 30 offices worldwide. When large-scale
epidemics occur, when areas in crisis are too dangerous for many other organisations, then our medical teams are there to
assist the affected population. We organise basic medical care, treat the injured, carry out vaccination campaigns, train local
staff and build up medical infrastructure. In long-term aid projects our teams fight diseases like tuberculosis, malaria,
sleeping sickness, and HIV/AIDS.
To manage the human resources activities in various projects we are looking for bilingual.
Senior HR Manager
Tasks and responsibilities
As a senior HR all-rounder for the areas of personnel and administration, you will make a significant contribution to the
success of our projects. You will be responsible for all areas of day-to-day human resource management for the project. This
includes advising on the set-up of the organisation and updating the organisational chart and job descriptions, assisting in
the calculation of staffing needs for the project and the corresponding budget. You will handle recruitment, contract changes
and terminations in accordance with local labour laws.
Additionally, you will participate in annual holiday planning and staff shifts, monitor payroll and ensure correct payment of
salaries. You will also support staff training, evaluation and performance improvement. You plan and monitor HR processes
for staff under your supervision, support the implementation of internal communication policies, apply administrative
procedures in cooperation with local partners, resolve labour conflicts and ensure staff induction. In addition, you manage
the movements and accommodation of staff, considering the assessment and mitigation of risks. You assist with budgeting
and monthly budget control and ensure accurate and timely HR and administrative reporting.
• A university degree or equivalent in the field of management (business or Human Resources), business administration or
social science with postgraduate studies in Human Resources
• Extensive experience in Human Resource management out of which at least one year was in a supervisory position
Full professional knowledge in English (minimum C1) and good working knowledge in French, Spanish or Arabic
(minimum B1) is required (scaling according to the CEFR)
• Work experience in several of the following areas: personnel management and administration, general administration or
• Extensive knowledge in at least one of these topics: recruitment, HR policy development and implementation, workforce
planning, employee relations, salary and payroll, compensation and benefit
• Time availability for at least nine to twelve months
• Travel or work experience in low resources setting
• Teamwork and cooperation: strong ability to build team spirit within the organisation and to foster and encourage
collaboration between team members and teams of other departments or services, even in difficult situations
• People management and development: competence to acknowledge and support the growth and development of all
team members according to the respective personal development plan
• Results and quality orientation: high capability to improve performance and setting ambitious, realistic goals in line
with the overall objective
• Planning and organizing: strongly developed talent to plan and follow up on actions with a mid- to long-term
perspective, taking team members, tools and work streams into consideration
• Commitment to MSF principles: willingness to work in accordance with humanitarian principles as well as the MSF
charter and project statement
What do we offer
• Meaningful and diversified work, in which you can use your skills and creativity to make a difference for people affected
by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare
• A long term perspective and career development opportunities if you would like to continue after the first assignment
• A salary sufficient to cover expenses at home while you are in the project
• Shared accommodation with other international team members while on assignment
• Round-trip transportation to and from assignment
• A comprehensive insurance package, including health and emergency evacuation insurance
Good to know
The major part of our projects are taking place in acute or chronic crisis areas and instable contexts. Learn more about
security management within our organization here and about working in acute conflict here. The living conditions in the
project can be challenging due to isolation, rough climate, security and set up of the living quarters. Learn more about
working and living in the projects here.
This is an job opening for the international movement of MSF. The recruitment process is led by the German office of MSF.
After successful recruitment you would integrate into the candidate pool of one of the MSF offices worldwide depending on
your country of residence.
The application deadline is 31st August 2023.
As an international organization, we support diversity, openness and mutual respect. In line with our values, incoming
applications are only evaluated for their professional qualifications and are considered regardless of ethnic and social origin,
religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
To apply, send your CV and motivation letter in english to: firstname.lastname@example.org