AICS sede di Tunisi sta selezionando un/a International Programme Officer/Operations da inserire nella sua operatività in Libia. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Tempo det. Scadenza candidature 03/10/2023
PROGRAMME: “Recovery, Stability and Socio-Economic Development in Libya / Baladiyati – Phase 2 (RSSD 2/Baladiyati 2)”, financed by the European Union and executed by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
Baladiyati responds to the effects of the ongoing instability and difficult socio-economic conditions of the most vulnerable populations in the south of Libya. It targets municipalities with high concentration of migrants and asylum seekers, settled or in transit, areas of displacement of Libyans and places to which displaced populations are returning, as well as communities where basic service infrastructures and livelihoods have severely been affected by the conflict.
In the selected municipalities, the Programme will improve living conditions for the most vulnerable, including local communities, migrants, and refugees, in an inclusive and conflict-sensitive manner by enhancing access to basic and social services. Moreover, it will tackle lower economic development, social cohesion and community security specifically affecting southern Libya. The Programme will therefore aim at supporting activities that can respond to immediate needs at the local level, while also laying the groundwork for longer-term, more sustainable interventions.
The Programme started in June 2021 and has a 36-month duration.
Under the overall supervision of AICS Regional Representative in Tunis and the direct supervision of the PMU Team Leader, the International Programme Officer – Operations assists the AICS Programme Management Unit (PMU) in all relevant tasks. S/he supports the correct implementation of the Programme in close collaboration with the PMU Team (based in both Tunis and Tripoli), and in consultation with relevant AICS and Embassy officials in Tunis and Tripoli.
In particular, the Programme Officer will:
1. Contribute to the design, planning, implementation and monitoring of all activities directly carried out by AICS and through implementing partners;
2. Act as a focal point for the implementing partners, monitoring the technical implementation of grants and supervising administrative, procurement, legal and financial compliance in coordination with the PMU Financial/Administrative department;
3. Contribute to the preparation and launch of Tenders and Calls for Proposals, assisting in drafting technical and administrative documents (technical notes, contract dossiers, ToRs, tender documentation, Call for Grants etc.), participating in selection panels and monitoring the management of grants and outsourced services and supplies;
4. Assist in the drafting of progress reports and technical documents (e.g., Quarterly Information Notes, Biannual and Annual reports and other updates), ensuring accuracy and quality control;
5. Assist the Team Leader in liaising with relevant stakeholders, including the EU, national and local government counterparts, UN agencies and others national and international organizations;
6. Ensure adequate information management on programme-related activities, including those related to communication and visibility in coordination with the PMU Communication Officer;
7. Participate in coordination meetings organized by the donor community, the Libyan partners and other actors involved in international cooperation in Libya;
8. Contribute to the development of concepts and innovative approaches to best achieve the expected results;
9. Perform other relevant activities as required.
2.1 Essential Requirements:
2.1.1 Age not exceeding (at the time of signing the contract) that required for retirement by local regulations (60 years), or by Italian regulations (ref. Law 398/87) for candidates subject to the Italian social security system (67 years);
2.1.2 Medically fit for employment;
2.1.3 Master’s degree in international Relations, Political and Social Sciences, Economics, International Development (level 7 European Qualification Framework EQF). Other degrees may be accepted in the presence of 3 years of relevant technical experience additional to the 6 mentioned at point 2.1.4;
2.1.4 At least 6 years of relevant technical experience on development and/or humanitarian relief programmes/projects;
2.1.5 At least 3 years of field experience in development and/or humanitarian relief programmes/projects with international organizations, governmental and/or non-governmental aid bodies in developing countries/fragile States;
2.1.6 Proficient in written and spoken English (C1 Level – Common European Framework of Reference);
2.1.7 Proficient Italian language user (C1 Level – Common European Framework of Reference);
2.1.8 Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications;
2.1.9 Not having sustained, in the three-year period preceding the date of expiry of the notice, an assessment of insufficiency of work done/performed in the context of employment contracts signed with AICS offices other than Tunis.
2.2 Preferred requirements:
2.2.1 Postgraduate degrees (PhD or other Higher Education Courses) recognized in the sector of interest additional to the minimum requirements indicated in point 2.1.3 above;
2.2.2 Knowledge of Arabic language (A2 Level or above – Common European Framework of Reference);
2.2.3 Knowledge of French language (B1 Level or above – Common European Framework of Reference);
2.2.4 Previous working experience at the Directorate General for Development Cooperation (DGCS) and / or the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS), the European Union and/or in EU funded programmes;
2.2.5 Similar professional experience carried out in the country indicated in this vacancy notice and/or in fragile states and/or in the MENA region.
Duty station: Tunis, with missions to Libya and possible relocation to Libya as soon as the security clearance is obtained.
Expected start date of employment: Mid-October/November 2023.
HOW TO APPLY
The applications must include:
Signed Legally Binding Statement (according to art. 46 of Italian D.P.R. 28.12.2000 n. 445) – as per the attached template, declaring: Age not exceeding (at the time of signing the contract) that required for retirement by local regulations (60 years), or by Italian regulations (ref. Law 398/87) for candidates subject to the Italian social security system (67 years);
– Being medically fit for employment;
– Full enjoyment of political and civil rights;
– Absence of convictions for any criminal offence and absence of any pending criminal charge both in Italy and abroad;
– Not to have been dismissed, dispensed, declared lapsed or fired from employment in a public administration, both in Italy and abroad;
– Not having sustained, in the three-year period preceding the date of expiry of the notice, an assessment of insufficiency in the assessment of work done/performed in the context of employment contracts signed with AICS offices other than Tunis.
Any false declaration will incur on penal sanctions according to article 76 of Italian D.P.R. n. 445 of 28.12.2000, as subsequently amended and supplemented, facing immediate termination of employment and loss of any wrongfully obtained benefit.
The applications must also include:
1. Signed and dated Curriculum vitae in English (Europass format), including authorisation to process personal data, specifying the exact month and year of start and end of each work experience, as well as indicating the total months for each experience;
2. Signed and dated motivation letter in English;
3. Copy of valid passport.
The applicants should also provide a telephone number and an email address for communications and must notify AICS of any change occurred after the submission of the application.
The applications duly dated and signed, and in pdf. format, should be submitted to the following email address: email@example.com by 3/10/2023 at 17:00 (Central European time). The subject of the email must contain the vacancy announcement number 15/AICSTUNISI/2023.
Please note that only complete applications (including documents 1, 2, 3, and 4) received within the deadline will be accepted and considered.
LINK ALLA VACANCY