FONDAZIONE AVSI sta selezionando un/a Country Representative da inserire nella sua operatività in Siria. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Tempo det. Scadenza candidature 30/09/2023
County: Syrian Arab Republic
Duty Station: Damascus
Starting Date: 17.09.2023
Period: 1 year
Reporting to Regional Manager
Aim of the position
The Country Representative represents the AVSI Foundation in Syria and is responsible for the project activities and for AVSI national and expatriate staff.
In particular, the Country Representative will be responsible for the implementation of the Work Plan for the country, approved by the AVSI Board of Directors every year, which is an integral part of the job description. The achievement of the in the plan for each individual country will be evaluated each year together with the General Secretary and the Regional Manager and is an integral part of the performance evaluation.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• He/she represents the AVSI Foundation in relations with public and private institutions, national or international, for mutual collaborations in activities of common interest;
• He/she defines, together with the Regional Manager, the strategies for developing AVSI’s presence in the country
• He/she implement the aforementioned strategies, developing activities and new project proposals, together with the Regional Manager in collaboration with the AVSI different areas and persons with transversal tasks
• He/she contributes to the development of internal relationships between the various AVSI activities
• He/she develops relations with the country’s Authorities and with the diplomatic representations present in the country, with public, private, religious and cultural institutions, including NGOs and International Agencies present and operating in the country.
• He/she develops and prepares collaborations and agreements with authorities, donors and international agencies
• He/she prepares and defines the economic/financial budgets of the country projects in collaboration and agreement with the Regional Manager and Program and Operations Managers.
• He/she manages the AVSI representation in the country, according to the mission of the AVSI Foundation in close collaboration with the Regional Manager.
• He/she plans, coordinates and manages all AVSI activities in the country according to the “good governance” rules of and in full compliance with local law.
• He/she supervises all AVSI project activities in the country.
• He/she facilitates the link between local project-leaders/sector-leaders with AVSI WW ‘s
thematic and donor focal points
• He/she supports the development of AVSI network partners, in particular the founders, ensuring collaboration and technical assistance from AVSI different areas and persons with transversal tasks
• He/she coordinates the work of expatriate and local staff, supporting them, enhancing them and guiding them towards the set goals, taking care of their involvement and growth also through precise management tools such as the appraisal system
Education and work experience:
•Relevant postgraduate qualification
•or minimum seven years’ experience abroad in senior management for an international NGO
•Field experience with programs in complex emergency or post-conflict situations.
• Excellent knowledge of English and good knowledge of French. Italian is an advantage.
Required skills and experiences
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; high ability to motivate staff and provide strong leadership
• Strong oral and written communication skill and especially negotiation skills; excellent computer skills.
• Excellent organizational, administrative and management skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of private donors, EU, UN and multilateral donors.