FONDAZIONE AVSI sta selezionando un/a MEAL Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Libano. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Tempo det. Scadenza candidature 17/09/2023
Duty Station: Beirut, with short assignments in the MENA region
Main tasks and responsibilities
– Develop an integrated monitoring strategy and framework to formulate a clear and operational mechanism for monitoring and evaluation including community liaison strategy with fields needs assessments;
– Develop logical/results frameworks and monitoring plans with tools for all AVSI programs/projects;
– Under each project and based on the project logical framework, support the MEAL team in designing and developing specific methodologies and tools for planning, monitoring, evaluation and capitalization of lesson learned;
– Ensure that all processes, methodologies and tools are age/gender sensitive;
– Support M&E staff assigned for each project in applying M&E standards around project planning meetings, baseline studies, data collection tools, monitoring missions and evaluations;
– Provide technical assistance and support M&E team to implement M&E plans/processes and to collect data particularly quantitative and qualitative information from various sources;
– Develop a clear data management system for tracking and verifying programmatic performance particularly against the targets and achievement on outputs and outcomes levels;
– Develop validation data process along with the Information System team to ensure accurate and reliable data collected and archived;
– Make sure reporting deadlines are respected and M&E teams reports are submitted timely.
– Ensure coaching and capacity building for the MEAL Team as well as their engaged participation in the relevant MEAL activities, as needed;
– Ensure the MEAL department conduct information delivery and feedback sessions with beneficiaries to guide them in expressing their needs and seeking help;
– Lead the process of mid-term and/or final evaluation intervention under various projects, set up team reflection around evaluations results and how to communicate results effectively to project/program teams;
– Support recruitment and management of external consultants, and data collection teams for specific projects;
– Ensure that critical MEAL findings and recommendations are discussed and addressed by Program teams and management;
– Supervise the MEAL staff including community liaison and Information system teams;
– Promote coordination with the Communication department to ensure data analyzed and results achieved are effectively communicated;
– Follow-up the yearly strategy implementation of the community liaison teams to make sure the Outreach and other assessments and coordination activities are done timely and according to the projects needs under each geographical area;
– Provide grant proposals and reports with accurate and quantitative and qualitative data;
– Contribute to the development of new project proposals by drafting TOC and log frames, budgeting for MEAL activities etc.. in coordination with the program and finance department;
– Ensure proper coordination within AVSI Lebanon Mission departments and sectors;
– Represent externally AVSI in MEAL working group and establish networking with other organizations to share M&E learning and good practices; For consortium- based projects, ensure that AVSI MEAL department work closely with the partners in developing monitoring plans and following their implementation.
When required, the MEAL Manager will also:
– Provide support and training to AVSI MENA MEAL departments on Information Management visualisations softwares (Power Point, Adobe InDesign);
– Provide support to AVSI MENA MEAL departments and review in the design of data collection forms, tools and processes;
– Provide training to AVSI MENA MEAL team to leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
Short assignments in MENA region may be requested, and they will be coordinated with the MENA Regional MEAL Manager and with the Regional Manager
University Degree in Political Sciences, Public Administration, International Affairs, Economics or a related field (anthropology, sociology, statistics);
-At least 3/4 years of professional experience in humanitarian and/or development organisations in a similar position;
-Previous work experience in Lebanon represents an asset.
-Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written)
-Strong knowledge of a second language between Italian and French is highly recommended
-Knowledge of Arabic will be an asset
Required skills and experiences
-High level ability in quantitative as well as qualitative research methods;
-Significant experience in designing and maintenance of management information systems and tools (a strong knowledge of ActivityInfo represents an asset);
-Excellent analytical skills and ability to effectively use different statistical packages;
-Knowledge of Humanitarian Essentials, Sphere, CHS and other international humanitarian guidelines;
-Ability to coordinate and manage a team;
-Experience in training/mentoring staff (capacity building to local staff is paramount for the position);
-Solid experience in proposal writing (ToC, log frames) and strong knowledge of PCM;
-Ability to communicate scientific data to communities, programme staff, and partners in a simple and clear manner.
-Teamwork and team building skills, capacity building skills;
-Dynamic and mature personality, able to oversee multiple tasks, prioritising and delegating as required;
-Excellent communicator. Problem solving ability. Good inter-personal and conflict resolution skills;
-Leadership and management skills; ability to build trust and enforce procedures;
-Team-player with good inter-personal skills; committed to team-building.