OXFAM ITALIA sta selezionando un/a Humanitarian Donors Partnership Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Italia e Giordania. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Tempo det. Scadenza candidature 27/09/2023
The position reports to Head of Institutional Fundraising Office
Location: Smart-working, based in Italy or in Amman
Start date: Immediate, October 2023
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Contract duration: 12 months
Salary scale: Based on experience and in line with Oxfam Italy’s wage policies
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 21 organizations (affiliates) plus the Oxfam International Secretariat, working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in 90 countries.
All our work is led by our core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness, Courage, Solidarity and Equality.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
How to apply
We invite interested candidates to send:
– their CV (preferably Europass format)
– the names and contact details of 3 persons for references
– a short cover letter highlighting how skills and professional experience are in line with the profile sought.
Applications must be sent by 27/09/2023 to email@example.com.
Please specify in the subject line of your message ‘Humanitarian donors partnership manager_2023_name_surname‘.
Oxfam Italia’s Institutional Fundraising Office aims at supporting the organisation in maintaining, increasing and improving its access to institutional funding sources, through engagement work and building strategic partnerships with some key donors, and by guiding the development of high-quality proposals. With this vacancy, the office intends to add to its team a person capable of supporting institutional fundraising for its humanitarian programme abroad, and also for some actions in Italy related to emergency (inclusion of migrants, initiatives in favour of survivors of gender-based violence, etc.). Specifically, this function will have to deal with donors such as DG ECHO and AICS – Emergency, LRRD and First Emergency Response lines, but also with other donors to be identified, such as, for example, some UN agencies and possible Civil Protection tenders.
The Role: Terms of Reference
- Leading the process of defining engagement plans with relevant donors, in particular DG ECHO and AICS – Emergency, LRRD and First Emergency Response lines, at the HQ level and/or by their decentralized offices, to support Oxfam’s emergency initiatives abroad, thus contributing to the organisation’s restricted fundraising strategy;
- Exploring opportunities for engagement with other donors in the Italian market to sustain Oxfam Italian humanitarian programme abroad, and the programs in Italy related to emergency (inclusion of migrants, initiatives in favour of survivors of gender-based violence, etc.)
- On the basis of the priorities and modalities defined in the engagement plans and by working in close coordination with the Humanitarian Programme Manager, providing support to countries for positioning actions by the decentralized offices of relevant donors, including through business trips to countries.
- Monitoring, analysing and sharing information and/or intelligence and guidance on key funding opportunities, strategic documents, policies from relevant donors, in particular DG ECHO and AICS
- Developing and sharing guidelines and elements of analysis and updates with respect to trends and/or procedural aspects of the donors of reference both with colleagues in OIT, OII and relevant staff in the countries
- Promoting and carrying out accompaniment, learning and capacity building activities for Oxfam Italia, Oxfam Intercultura or country office staff in priority countries, with regard to engagement, compliance with donor rules, proposals development, including through business trips to countries.
- Collaborating in defining strategic relationships with partners (civil society and non) in liaison with the heads of relevant offices
- Ensuring adherence to donor rules and requirements and a high quality standard in the design of submitted proposals
- Coordinating in the role of bid writer or bid coordinator the most strategic and relevant projects for the organisation with respect to the humanitarian donors of reference, also through business trips to countries.
- Accompanying offices in the signing of contracts with donors
- Collaborating in the development of training materials and other materials necessary for the implementation of projects inception workshops in which they will also possibly take part
- Ensuring participation in Oxfam’s funding groups, specifically the ECHO Account Team and others to be defined
- Participation in the internal Oxfam Italia and Oxfam Italia Intercultura processes related to economic and financial planning
- Keeping Perfec+ software up to date for donors
- Supporting the management of interns
Experience and skills required
- At least five years’ experience abroad, in the humanitarian sector and humanitarian project management (WASH, EFSL, Protection)
- Proven knowledge, experience in institutional fundraising and contract management with DG ECHO, AICS and other humanitarian donors
- Good knowledge of Project Cycle Management, preferably acquired through experience abroad and/or through an in-house role with regular missions abroad
- Excellent skills in using the Office package, in particular Excel and Word
- Very good written and oral knowledge of Italian (at least C1 level) and English. Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese will be considered an asset
- Proactivity and goal orientation
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills in developing and cultivating relationships with institutional actors
- Ability to coordinate and/or work in an integrated manner in cross-departmental teams within the organisation
- Excellent analytical and planning skills
- Willingness to travel, in Italy and abroad
- Collaborative attitude
- Motivation to contribute to the achievement of the organisation’s overall objectives
- Sharing Oxfam’s mission and principles
This Job Description is not attached to the employment contract. It has to be intended as a guidance and may change from time to time in light of the strategic developments of the position.
The CVs received will be pre-selected on the basis of their consistency with the required profile. Selected candidates may be called for selection tests from the day after the CV is received.
We would like to thank all those who send in their applications, but would like to inform you that only pre-selected profiles will be contacted on the basis of the analysis of the submitted documentation.
The selection process will be carried out through individual interviews and written tests. Eventual transportation costs to attend the selection process are borne by the candidates. For candidates unable to reach our premises we will assess the opportunity to carry out the interview via Teams.
More information on the Association can be found on the website: www.oxfamitalia.org
More information on the Cooperative can be found on the website: www.oxfamitalia.org/scopri/intercultura
Attention! Only profiles meeting the mandatory requirements will be considered for selection; we therefore ask those who do not meet the mandatory requirements to refrain from applying.