WEWORLD sta selezionando un/a Head of Regional Unit Middle East and Asia da inserire nella sua operatività in Libano. Durata 18 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 30/09/2023
Position: Head of Regional Unit Middle East and Asia
Location: Beirut, Lebanon. Other duty stations (i.e. Tunis) will be evaluated
Application deadline: 30/09/2023
Starting date: November 2023
Who we are
We support people in overcoming emergencies and we strive to guarantee that everyone can have a decent and dignified life as well as opportunities and a better future. We work in 27 countries around the world, including in Italy, with more than 165 emergency, humanitarian aid and development projects. Our activities mainly involve women, girls and young people, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world.
We operate in several natural and man-made crisis in various regions of the world. The emergency response, coordinated by the Humanitarian Aid Unit, is composed by multi-sectorial interventions comprising of WASH, EiE, CVA, Food Security, Protection, and others. We operate also in protracted crisis with provision of humanitarian aid through a prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation approach.
In the last 4 years we have strengthened the regions and the countries where we have been working, we have created new programs, developed new quality and compliance systems and now we need new people who want to join us to build the world we want in the coming years.
We believe in a world where everyone has equal opportunities and rights and we work everyday to make it happens. Join us.
The WeWorld Middle East & Asia Region (MEA) covers 3 countries in Middle East (Lebanon, Syria, Palestine) and 2 countries in Asia (Afghanistan and Cambodia) and counts 300 dedicated colleagues.
We have been working in Middle East & Asia since 1990, ensuring strong commitment in the Humanitarian, Development and Peace Nexus approach looking at complementarities and linking emergency relief, development, and peacebuilding as well as coordination between actors with the aim to build long term resilience.
All programs of the countries in the region are aiming to achieve the objectives of the WeWorld Global Theory of change and the three-years country strategies.
Purpose of the Role
As the Head of Regional Unit you will have an exciting opportunity to define the strategy, develop the programmatic plan in the different sectors of intervention and supervise the overall management of the Region.
You will respond to the Head of Operations and be part of the Management Team of the International Programs Department (IPD).
- Ensuring the strategic and operational management of the Region, in line with specific countries needs and humanitarian trends
- Guaranteeing the compliance of projects activities and countries management with WeWorld global strategy, policies and procedures
- Leadership of Team Management Regional Unit (composed by the Desk officer, the Regional Finance Manager, the Regional Proc&Log Manager and the Regional Communication focal point) and Country Representatives (CR) to guarantee safety and security, operations, advocacy, communication and policies compliance
- Enhancement of a collaborative working environment in coherence with WeWorld management values
Areas of work
- Responsible for the development of the regional strategy, in line with WeWorld global perspective
- Countries strategy validation, in line with regional strategy and CR support for its implementation
- Responsible for the overall safety and security in the geographic area and for the implementation of security protocols and policies
- Ensuring an optimal overall management in terms of programming, human resources development and work environment, in compliance with WeWorld policies
- Foster a transparent and traceable management of resources and staff in compliance with Humanitarian Principles and WeWorld policies
- Support the communication and advocacy strategies and campaigns at national, regional and global level and represent WeWorld towards relevant stakeholders
- Support to CR in developing country-level partnerships, liaise with donors and relevant stakeholders
- Regional Budget Responsibility, to ensure the sustainability of the Regional Unit, through optimal planning and funds allocation (private and institutional)
- Hold CR in the region accountable for assessing and responding to new needs
- Support and bring innovative contributions and identification of new implementation in the different local contexts
Qualifications and Knowledge
- An advanced university degree or equivalent in the field of Social or Political Science, Development Studies, International relations, Project Management, Human rights
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and verbal
- Strong computer literacy and full knowledge of MS Office
- Postgraduate qualifications related to humanitarian field are an asset
- Knowledge of Italian and Arab is an asset
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience as top-level manager in complex and volatile contexts
- Proven experience in delivering results in complex and volatile contexts
- Previous work experience in the Region is an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Proven abilities to manage networks within the international humanitarian community and to represent the organization at different levels towards relevant stakeholders (institutional and private)
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Strong expertise in coordinating senior staff in volatile and complex contexts, including remote management
- Cultural, gender, religion and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Adherence to WeWorld principles and values
Travel: Up to 30% within the Region and HQ
WHAT WE OFFER
Type of contract: fixed-term contract
Period: 6 (six) months (probation period) + 12 (twelve) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first six-month contract
Economic conditions (to be defined according to WeWorld Expatriates Compensation Policy):
- Base Salary: seniority, role
- Contributions: hardship, housing, schooling, flights and health insurance coverage for children
Flight ticket: one return flight every 12 months of contract
Health insurance: covered
Annual leave: 2,5 days/month (working days)
Family duty Station: YES
How to apply:
Please send Cover Letter and CV at the link.
The recruitment process may be closed early if a suitable candidate is found. Due to the large number of applications, we apologise in advance and will only respond to those profiles deemed suitable for the role.
WeWorld is an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.
WeWorld has also a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process.
WeWorld commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented.
WeWorld promotes a welcoming, diverse and discrimination- and harassment-free workplace and expects the highest standards of behaviour from all its staff, who are requested to adhere to the principles and behavioural rules defined in the CoEC and the Organisational Policies.
The CoEC and all the internal policies can be found here: https://www.weworld.it/en/about-us/transparency