WEWORLD sta selezionando un/a Junior Finance Officer da inserire nella sua operatività in Tunisia. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 15/10/2023
Position: Junior Finance Officer
Reporting Relationship: The Junior Finance Officer works under the direction of the Regional Finance Manager (RFM)
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Family Duty Station: YES
Starting date: to be defined
WeWorld is an independent Italian organization that has been working in international cooperation and humanitarian aid for 50 years. It supports people in overcoming emergencies, and it strives to guarantee that everyone can have a decent and dignified life as well as opportunities and a better future. WeWorld works in 27 countries around the world, including in Italy, with more than 120 emergency, humanitarian aid and development projects. Its activities mainly involve women, girls and young people, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Within the framework of the 2030 Agenda, the organization operates in the following areas: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against women and children, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health care and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering.
Purpose of the Role
The Junior Finance Officer will support the 2 Regionals Finance Manager (RFMs) of North and West Africa and of Middle East and Asia regions with a cross-functional approach. According to the needs of the different areas he/she will be called upon to support and be under the line management of the respective Regional Finance Manager.
Main functions and duties
PROJECT FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Supporting the RFMs to set up projects’ modules on the accounting program (upload new budgets and amendments)
- Supporting the RFMs to monitor the Countries’ accounting, checking monthly and quarterly Reconciliations, checking import files for the accounting program
- Supporting the RFMs to monitor and record the allocation of Project Staff Costs and Direct HQ support Costs to the Projects’ Budgets
- Supporting the RFMs to provide to the Countries the supporting documents for the expenses incurred in Italy
- Supporting the RFMs to implement other activities, if requested: Financial Planning, Budgeting etc..
- Supporting the RFMs to monitor financial reports deadlines
- Collaborating with the RFMs to provide support to Countries in the preparation of financial reports
- Supporting the RFMs to verify the compliance with donor and internal rules
- Providing support to the RFMs to perform projects’ expenditures verification and external audits and collect the related documents
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Degree in Economics, Political Science or related fields, or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills including full working knowledge MS Office and Internet
- Fluency in Italian, French and English is a must
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience in a finance/accounting position
Skills and Abilities
- Accountancy skills
- Problem-solver approach with demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and creating efficiencies
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Strong commitment to the Mission of WeWorld, genuine interest for international cooperation development topics
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the NGO values and ethical standards; displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
WHAT WE OFFER
Type of contract: a first 3 (three) month collaboration contract subject to verification of the achievement of specific objectives (these objectives will be agreed together with the Line Manager upon arrival on assignment); a second collaboration contract of 9 (nine) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first three months of contract
Economic conditions to be defined according to WeWorld Expatriates Compensation Policy: Base Salary (seniority/role held) + Contributions (housing and hardship based on place of work)
Other conditions: Tax Treatment: equal tax treatment between Italian and foreign residents is guaranteed
Annual leave: 2,5 days/month (working days)
Flight ticket: one return flight every 12 months of contract
Health insurance: covered
How to apply:
Please send Cover Letter and CV at: https://weworld.intervieweb.it/jobs/junior-finance-officer-430542/it/
The recruitment process may be closed early if a suitable candidate is found. Due to the large number of applications, we apologise in advance and will only respond to those profiles deemed suitable for the role.
WHO WE ARE
WeWorld supports people in overcoming emergencies, and it strives to guarantee that everyone can have a decent and dignified life as well as opportunities and a better future. WeWorld works in 27 countries around the world, including in Italy, with more than 120 emergency, humanitarian aid and development projects. Its activities mainly involve women, girls and young people, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world.
The organization operates in several natural and man-made crisis in various regions of the world. The emergency response, coordinated by the Humanitarian Aid Unit, is composed by multi-sectorial interventions comprising of WASH, EiE, CVA, Food Security, Protection, and others. The organization operates also in protracted crisis with provision of humanitarian aid through a prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation approach.
WeWorld is an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.
WeWorld has also a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process.
WeWorld commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented.
WeWorld promotes a welcoming, diverse and discrimination- and harassment-free workplace and expects the highest standards of behaviour from all its staff, who are requested to adhere to the principles and behavioural rules defined in the CoEC and the Organisational Poplicies.
The CoEC and all the internal policies can be found here: https://www.weworld.it/en/about-us/transparency