FONDAZIONE AVSI sta selezionando un/a Operation Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Rep. del Congo. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Tempo det. Scadenza candidature 23/10/2023
Title: Operation Manager
Country: Republic of Congo (Congo)
Duty Station: Pointe-Noire
Publishing Date: 13.10.2023
Starting Date: 01.01.2024
Period: 1 year (renewable)
- AVSI Congo Country Representative
- Regional Operation Manager
Aim of the position: The Operation Manager assures efficiency and efficacy in all operations within the country. She\he assures compliance (accountability) with AVSI’s internal policies and procedures, and according to those provided by the Donors. The Operation Manager performs each activity according to the Code of Ethics in line with AVSI Mission, Values and Method and shares the organizational culture with colleagues, beneficiaries and all stakeholders. He\she is a role model in understating, sharing and adhering to AVSI core values and behaviors (focusing on transparency, integrity, accountability, etc. as per AVSI Code of Ethics) and ensures their adoption and implementation.
Main tasks and responsibility:
- Under the lead of the Country Representative he\she, plays a key role in the development and implementation of the country programme direction and strategy in all aspect related to operations (administration/finance, logistic and HR).
- Ensure the respect of the operations and the communication flow.
- Collaborate with HR at the Country level for administrative issue related to employment and under the supervision of the Country Representative.
- Ensure compliance with all AVSI policies and local laws including NGO law, tax, and any other applicable local laws, providing a framework for effective policy implementation concerning operations.
- Developing and implementing annual departmental plans in line with the country annual plan and measuring performance against key indicators.
- Comply and support the implementation and correct application of all Procedures and guidelines and actively engage in problem solving through informed and innovative solutions.
- Represent AVSI in technical forums and to donors and other external stakeholders (including the media) when requested by the Country Representative.
- Promote the technical and professional growth of the Operations staff.
As a member of the Strategic Management Team:
- Under the lead of the Country Director, to play a key role in setting /developing as well as implementing policy and strategic direction of the country programme.
- To actively engage in problem solving through informed and innovative solutions.
- To comply and support the implementation of all procedures and guidelines.
- To support AVSI teams in delivery of quality programmes through coordination, advice, information sharing & analysis.
- Overall responsibility for effective and efficient management of the field projects consistent with the project management cycle and AVSI’s systems, policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance by providing a framework for effective policy implementation.
- Ensure the developing and implementation of annual departmental plans (finance and administration, Logistic) in line with AVSI HQ policies.
- Work closely with the Country Director, Logistics, Administration Managers as well as Program Managers to ensure quality programme implementation.
- Maintain grant management database and oversee grant management including timely reporting in line with the relevant donor contracts and compliance requirements.
- Ensure adherence to timelines for all relevant proposals and review as necessary.
- Line-manage the AVSI Project Coordinators to ensure that appropriate management, administration, logistic, finance, and communication systems are in place and followed.
- Coordinate activities and maintain continuous communication flow between the field sites and the country office.
- Ensure monitoring systems are in place and that project reviews/audits are carried out periodically in conjunction with the team, Country Director, local stakeholders and project partners.
- Through regular field visits and good communication with field sites provide sound technical advice on the operational aspects of project management i.e. logistics, finance and administration.
- Ensure all relevant authorities are included in the planning and implementation of projects as appropriate.
- Draw up plans, proposals and budgets for new projects/extensions of projects in conjunction with the relevant team and financial staff.
- Proactively contribute to programme development and strategy.
- Ensure all projects adhere to AVSI’s systems and procedures (administrative, financial and logistical) so that effective and efficient support functions contribute to improvement of programme quality.
- Ensure that project implementation meets donor compliance requirements.
- Together with the Administration and Finance Manager, Logistics Manager and Human Resources Manager, provide the Project Coordinators the necessary support to ensure appropriate AVSI administrative, financial and logistics systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure AVSI in complies with all legal and bureaucratic requirements in country.
- Support field sites in the timely preparation of projected expenditures each month (cash book management) and discuss/analyse monthly Financial Planning and reports.
- Exercise accurate budget control and ensure financial management at project sites are in line with relevant project proposals.
- Oversee budgets revision/realignments for submission to donors and provide advice and assistance where necessary.
- Ensure that an overview of project spending and financial reporting is maintained.
- provide advice and assistance whenever required.
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics or equivalent
- at least 5 years of global experience in finance / administration;
- at least 2 years of experience in development/Humanitarian context
- Proficient knowledge of French (written and oral) C1
Required skills and experiences:
- At least 5 years of experience as finance/administration manager.
- Proficient knowledge of the standard IT software.
- Strong capacities of financial management and planning.
- Leadership and training skills.
- Corporate managing and organizational skills.
- Capacities of managing of external audits.