FONDAZIONE AVSI sta selezionando un/a Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in RD del Congo. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Tempo det. Scadenza candidature 17/10/2023
Role: Project Manager
Duty Station: DR Congo, Tshikapa in Kasai Province (75%), Goma in Nord Kivu Province (25%)
Publishing Date: 03 October 2023
Starting date: November 2023
Period: 1 Year, renewable
- Proficient knowledge of French and English (written and oral) C1.
- Directly report to the Country Representative (1st Supervisor) and to the Regional Manager (2nd Supervisor)
- Functionally report to donor/thematic focal point/s for each specific sector (e.g. Graduation Approach) and donor (USAID)
Aim of the position: The main role of the Project Manager is to provide overall project management with technical expertise to all activities relating to the implementation of a Food Security project financed by USAID in Kasai Province. AVSI is the technical partner of the consortium with the objective of:
- Lead on the Graduation Approach in targeted Health Zones;
- Contribute to integration of Graduation Approach into the project;
- Contribute to participatory monitoring, evaluation and learning.
Main tasks and responsibility:
- Supervise and have the final responsibility for the implementation of all the project activities in accordance with the projected/approved proposal, budget, financial planning and time schedule;
- Be responsible for the achievement of all project targets and key performance indicators;
- Contribute to the recruitment, orientation and training of the projects’ staff;
- Coordinate projects staff, strengthen their capacity, autonomy and sense of responsibility, and contribute to their further professional development;
- Be responsible for the compliance with all AVSI and USAID procedures (especially concerning procurement, logistic, safety and administration of the project) in concert with Operations Manager and Country Representative;
- Ensure quality and sustainability of project(s) results through strategic and operational planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning (continuous improvement);
- Promote nexuses and synergies with other national and international projects, programs, interventions;
- Elaborate narrative and proactively support the preparation of financial reports including the collection and verification of the relevant project documentation;
- Elaborate any other reports as required by AVSI, local authorities and donor requirements;
- Maintain and develop proactive relationships with partners, local authorities and with all stakeholders involved;
- Periodically interact with HQs focal points for coordinating and sharing new strategies, innovations, lessons learnt, criticalities, trainings, workshops etc.
- Share within AVSI worldwide network the most significant experiences and lessons learnt together with the thematic focal point;
- Represent AVSI in relevant sectorial (energy and environment) coordination structures (i.e. Clusters) and other meetings at provincial/national level;
- Identify new funding proposals also with other donors and program;
- Carry-out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Rural Development, Economics, Management, Entrepreneurship, Development Studies or other related fields of study from a recognized university.
- at least 3 years of experience in development/Humanitarian context.
- Master’s degree in relevant field would be an added advantage;
- Knowledge/expertise in Graduation Approach;
- Proficient knowledge of the standard IT software
- Experience in community-based approaches in project implementation;
- Strong organizational skills and able to coordinate and manage a diverse array of activities and stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skill. Fluent French and English (both oral and written);
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills and ability to work independently;
- Report writing and computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, power point presentation and Internet;
- Experience in conducting surveys, managing data and statistics is desirable;
- Experience in working in rural economic development or business development is desirable;
- Willingness to travel and work in rural areas for most of the times.
Please go on our website and apply.