FONDAZIONE AVSI sta selezionando un/a Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in RD del Congo. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Tempo det. Scadenza candidature 16/10/2023
Role: Project Manager
Duty Station: DR Congo, Goma, with field missions in Nord Kivu Province
Publishing Date: 05/10/2023
Starting date: November 2023
Period: 1 Year
Language: Proficient knowledge of French and English (written and oral) C1.
- 1st Supervisor: Country Representative,
- 2nd Supervisor: Regional Manager,
- Functionally report to donor/thematic focal point/s for each specific sector and donor.
Aim of the position: The main role of the Project Manager is to provide overall project management with technical expertise to all activities relating to the implementation of the project: “WINGS for Congolese Youth: Increasing Access to Sustainable Employment and Livelihood Opportunities in North Kivu”, financed by Center for Disaster Philanthropy (CDP). The objectives of the project are:
- To provide youth with comprehensive skills, training, and knowledge in life and livelihoods to enhance their socio-economic resilience.
- To provide youth with market-based livelihoods opportunities that allow them to succeed in the job market/businesses.
Main tasks and responsibility:
- Supervise and have the final responsibility for the implementation of all the project activities in accordance with the projected/approved proposal, budget, financial planning and time schedule;
- Be responsible for the achievement of all project targets and key performance indicators;
- Contribute to the recruitment, orientation and training of the project staff;
- Coordinate project staff, strengthen their capacity, autonomy and sense of responsibility; and contribute to their further professional development;
- Be responsible for the compliance with all AVSI and donor procedures (especially concerning procurement, logistics, safety and administration of the project) in concert with Operations Manager and Country Representative;
- Ensure quality and sustainability of project results through strategic and operational planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning (continuous improvement);
- Promote nexus and synergy with other national and international projects, programs, interventions;
- Elaborate narrative reports and proactively support the preparation of financial reports including the collection and verification of the relevant project documentation;
- Elaborate any other reports as required by AVSI, local authorities and the donor;
- Maintain and develop proactive relationships with partners, local authorities and with all stakeholders involved;
- Periodically interact with HQ focal points for coordinating and sharing new strategies, innovations, lessons learnt, criticalities, trainings, workshops etc, including regarding donor and partner relations;
- Share within AVSI worldwide network the most significant experiences and lessons learnt together with the thematic focal point;
- Represent AVSI in relevant sectorial (energy and environment) coordination structures (i.e. Clusters) and other meetings at provincial/national level;
- Identify new funding proposals also with other donors and program;
- Carry-out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Management, Entrepreneurship, Development Studies or other related fields of study from a recognized university.
Work experience: at least 2 years of experience in development/Humanitarian context
Language proficiency: Proficient knowledge of French and English (written and oral) C1.
- Master’s degree in relevant field would be an added advantage;
- Knowledge/expertise in TVET, youth development, livelihood sector;
- Proficient knowledge of the standard IT software;
- Experience in community-based approaches in project implementation;
- Strong organizational skills and able to coordinate and manage a diverse array of activities and stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent French and English (both oral and written);
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills and ability to work independently;
- Report writing and computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, power point presentation and Internet;
- Experience in conducting surveys, managing data and statistics is desirable;
- Experience working in rural economic development or business development is desirable;
- Willingness to travel and work in rural areas for most of the time.
Please go on our Website and apply