INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Grants and Reporting Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Ucraina. Durata 6 mesi. Tipo contratto: Tempo det. Scadenza candidature 01/12/2023
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Grants and Reporting Manager
Duty station: Kyiv/Dnipro, with frequent visits to all INTERSOS bases in Ukraine
Starting date: 01/01/2024
Contract duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
Reporting to: Head of Programmes
Supervision of: Partnership Manager
Functional supervision of: Regional Grants & Reporting Unit
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
The war broke out in Ukraine in February 2022. Since then, millions of people have fled to the neighboring countries, raising a big concern on how to manage such an immense flux of people. Shortly after the outbreak of the conflict, INTERSOS set up its emergency response from Ukraine in April 2022. Currently, the team in Ukraine is operating across two main operational hubs for East and South. All INTERSOS interventions are embedded in a programmatic approach to respond to the multisectoral needs of the conflict-affected population, focusing on Protection, Health, and NFIs response serving internally displaced persons (IDPs), their host communities in areas of displacement, and emergency humanitarian assistance in frontline and newly accessible areas. The project portfolio in Ukraine is supported by several donors and in line with its localization strategy, INTERSOS works with different local partners across all oblasts of intervention.
General purpose of the position
In coordination with Senior Management, MEAL, Program/ Project Managers and Technical Coordinators, timely support the design and development of new project proposals, high-quality reporting and regular grants’ management activities in line with INTERSOS program goals, objectives and indicators and respecting donors’ requirements.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Project design and development
- Support the Programme Coordinator on the drafting and updating of the donors’ mapping and donor’s strategy
- Support the Go No Go process through the analysis of donors call for proposals and its relevant elements
- In coordination with the SMT, Program Managers and Project Managers, support the design and development of new project proposals, ensuring that those are structured according to INTERSOS program goals and objectives and in line with donors’ templates and requirements
- Regularly update mission Master Planning ensuring internal and external deadlines are respected and promptly communicated to relevant colleagues
- Regularly and/or ad hoc liaise with the Regional Office, specifically with the Regional Grant and Reporting Officer, to ensure project design meets donor’s guidelines and the submission process respects the defined work-flow
- Under the Programme Coordinator’s guidance, the internal coordination of the proposal writing process promotes a clear division of roles, responsibilities, engagement of relevant departments and time frame
- Ensure the matching and consistency of the information and budget figures across proposal documents
- Ensure the final documents package prior to submission is complete, consistent and compliant with donor rules
- Promptly flag any challenge or delays to relevant colleagues at the mission and regional level
- Under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator, promote periodic revision and harmonization of templates and formats used for the monitoring, follow up and reporting of activities in coordination with program / project managers and technical coordinators
- Liaise with HQ Grant Unit and Regional Office to receive and keep abreast of donors’ templates and guidelines
- Regularly update mission Master Planning (Reporting Tracker) ensuring internal and external deadlines are followed as per Grant Agreements and promptly communicated to relevant colleagues at the mission and regional level
- Under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator and in coordination with the Regional Office ensure the compilation, review and submission of timely, compliant and consistent reports in line with INTERSOS and donors’ requirements
- Ensure the matching and consistency of the information and budget figures across reporting documents
- Ensure the correct storage of Reports and related annexes on the INTERSOS Management Platform (IMP)
Grants Implementation Management
- Under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator and in coordination with the Programme Managers prepare and conduct project kick-off (KO) meetings playing an active role within the revision of partner capacity assessments and grant agreements
- Promote, with the support of the Regional Grant and Reporting Officer, information sessions (also integrated with projects KO) on main donor guidelines, involving all the relevant departments (Programme, MEAL, Finance, Logistics, HR)
- Support to field monitoring of performance indicators, conducting compliance spot checks on ongoing projects and programs partners (e.g. local partners)
- Conduct a periodical review of projects’ documentation ensuring the correct uploading and archiving on mission drive and on IMP.
- Support Programme Coordinator in the organisation and implementation of project review meetings and project closure meetings
- Ensure projects’ amendment requests (where needed) are in line with donors’ procedures and regulations
- Support the analysis of data and the visualization of program outputs for monitoring and reporting purposes through Google Data Studio and/ or other recommended tools, and report any deviation in terms of achievements/trends to the Program Coordinator
- Ensure the Mission Communication Plan is updated regularly and support the Head of Programme and Head of Mission in drafting external products and liaising with HQ Communication Department
Required profile and experience
- BA in International Affairs, Development, International Political Economy, or other relevant field.
- 3 years of professional experience working with humanitarian NGOs, working in program design and evaluation
- Experience with grants management of institutional donors (BHA, ECHO, UNHCR, AICS among others) and understanding of Donors’ requirements and compliance.
- Strong Project Cycle Management skills and capacity to plan and organize work activities
- Excellent reporting and writing skills
- Capacity to analyze data to inform reporting and new programming
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and Internet)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Excellent coordination, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with an analytic approach
- Ability to work under pressure, with peaks of heavy workloads, and to manage several tasks at once with tight deadlines.
- Capacity to work in teams with different backgrounds and expertise
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Result-oriented and attention to the details
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password and citizenship), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references: two line managers and one HR referent. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.