INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Programme Medical Referent da inserire nella sua operatività in Yemen. Durata 10 mesi. Tipo contratto: Tempo det. Scadenza candidature 20/10/2023
Programme Medical Referent
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, and paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Programme Medical Referent
Duty station: Aden
Starting date: 01/11/2023
Contract duration: until 30/09/2024
Reporting to: Hierarchically to the Medical Coordinator
Supervision of: 2 staff
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS Yemen is looking for a Programme Medical Referent to support in the technical supervision of its Health and Nutrition Portfolio across Yemen. The position will be working closely with the Deputy H&N Coordinators and the Medical Coordinators to ensure the necessary technical support is provided to the teams on the ground. INTERSOS Yemen H&N Portfolio is implemented across a number of locations between the North and South of Yemen including Aden, Taiz, Lajh, Abyan, Ibb and Hajja.
General purpose of the position
- Participate in defining, planning and monitoring medical activities and programs in the mission in accordance with INTERSOS protocols as well as coordinate human and material related resources needed in order to ensure the quality of care provided by INTERSOS.
- Is responsible for the coordination of medical activities and resources in the mission if there is not the presence of a Medical Coordinator and a Deputy Medical Coordinator.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- In collaboration with the Project Managers, the Medical Coordinator/Deputy Medical Coordinator and the rest of the team define, implement and monitor medical activities, according to INTERSOS project plans and mission strategy, standards and protocols. Participate in exploratory missions, situation assessments (providing technical inputs and recommendations for new and ongoing interventions in the country and defining medical operational priorities when needed) and the development of the project policy, annual plan, budget review and project proposal and reports to donors
- Supervise the Medical Activity Managers ensuring a homogeneous mission programme approach and management across all projects, and guaranteeing a good quality of medical activities
- In coordination with the Project Manager, establish and maintain regular and collaborative relations with relevant donors, local authorities, partners, medical actors, project stakeholders and other organisations working in the target areas
- Proactively participate in cluster meetings and relevant inter-sectoral coordination meetings at field level, contributing to the development of guidelines, standards, tools and strategies
- Is responsible for the medical data collection, analysis and reporting to the Medical Coordination/Deputy Medical Coordinator through a correct use of internal databases and monitoring tools in order to ensure a proper monitoring of the program
- Provide technical support to medical personnel in the field through self-knowledge and policies, ensuring compliance with the protocols of INTERSOS medical activities
- Coordinate, supervise, coach, support and evaluate the medical team members’ performance to improve the medical components of the project and ensure compliance with INTERSOS protocols and standards
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the medical staffs of the program in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and improve staffs capabilities
- In close coordination with the Project Managers and clusters, develop and establish internal and external functional and effective referral and coordination mechanisms at field level
- Implement the health policy for international and national staffs, providing all prophylactic and preventive necessary measures, structures and emergency plans, managing any medical evacuation in order to ensure INTERSOS staff health
- In coordination with HQ Medical Unit is the focal person in case of absence of the Medical Coordinator and Deputy Medical Coordinator to coordinate medical activities (opening and closure of mission, interim, reduced activities, etc…)
Required profile and experience
- Advanced university degree in medicine or other paramedical studies.
- Desirable specialization in Tropical Medicine or a degree in Public Health.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience as a Medical Referent in the humanitarian sector, especially in fragile and unstable environments.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and Internet)
- Demonstrate experience with different donors’ compliance and reporting
- Leadership, people management, and development
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Strategic vision
- Results and quality orientation
- Behavioural flexibility
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards, and best practices
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
- English or French or Spanish according to the country.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, and citizenship), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references: two line managers and one HR referent. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.