INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Moldavia. Durata 10 mesi. Tipo contratto: Tempo det. Scadenza candidature 26/10/2023
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Project Manager
Duty station: Chisinau
Starting date: 01/01/2024
Contract duration: 10 months
Reporting to: Programme coordinator
Supervision of: Project staff
Dependents:Accompanied duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS is currently present in Moldova and Ukraine to guarantee primary healthcare, protection and psychological support to refugees from Ukraine, with particular attention to the most vulnerable people, such as women and children.
General purpose of the position
- The PM ensures constant engagement by/with different support departments to ensure timely support to the project team.
- The PM also ensures close communication with AICS and Consortium Partners, in collaboration with grants manager, program coordinator, and technical coordinators.
- The PM is budget holder for the Intersos component of the AICS Consortium project and supervises/monitors closely the financial planning, liquidity planning and budget utilization/burn rate monitoring.
- The financial/budget management is the final responsibility of the PM for the specific project and he/she must ensure that this goes together with a close log frame and work plan monitoring.
- He/she works closely together with logistics department to develop, monitor and update timely and accurately the project specific procurement plan, with special attention for procurement of drugs and medical equipment, among others.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Ensure the full and timely implementation of the project proposal as approved, pro-actively respecting deadlines for reporting
- Project kick-off and presentation/sharing of project with teams
- Review and prepare a detailed activity plan with team
- Agree and establish clear reporting and communication lines
- Verification on the targeting of beneficiaries
- Ensure sector SOPs and guidelines are properly applied and adhered to
- Permanent on-job coaching of teams to work on quality in delivery
- Ensure security assessment for teams’ daily movement and report incidents/concerns in a pro-active manner to the Head of Mission and Security Focal point
- Financial management and procurement:
- Prepare, monitor and implement financial and procurement plan
- Prepare liquidity plan.
- Approval of all purchases/contracting and budget line allocations.
- Verify on a weekly basis the bookkeeping entries in the INTERSOS accounting spread sheets (JOURNAL): verify budget line allocations, budget expenditure status against actual delivery and the financial plan for the remainder project implementation period
- Ensure for all purchases/contracting of goods/services/supplies the correct INTERSOS procurement guidelines are applied and properly documented (also for the procedures applied by the municipalities), in close coordination with the admin-fin and logistics department.
- Verify the list of expenditures prior to finalizing the interim and final financial reports
- Holds final responsibility for verification of all support documents’ completeness and correctness.
Manage team and to provide relevant capacity building and on-job coaching to the project team:
- Manages and evaluates the performance of the project staff
- Conduct weekly and monthly meetings with the team to review the planning and discuss the main concerns to focus on for the upcoming period
- Ensure use of correct/relevant forms for assessments and reporting by the team
- Ensure fluent chain of information/data transfer from field to supervisors
- Ensure timely processing of information/data and conduct coaching for teams on the analysis of the processed data
- Continuous/fast verification of data quality collected and received from field staff
- Establish a participatory process to inform/develop relevant response strategies for conflict mitigation and enhanced social cohesion.
- Undertake (if security situation allows) field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision to the team and to monitor the progress and quality of the different project activities.
- Ensure good practice and system for internal and external referral of most vulnerable cases, in close coordination and collaboration with other INTERSOS programmes/project staff.
- Oversee team attendances and authorize holidays, liaise with admin-fin department to secure up to date HR files
- Ensure teams respect INTERSOS rules and guidelines to the mission and adhere to INTERSOS code of conduct and charter of values
Monitoring & evaluation:
- Ensure monitoring and verification for the targeting of beneficiaries.
- Applying a result-based management approach, monitor the project outcomes, in addition to the outputs and activities, including changes at the household and community level achieved through the project.
- Ensure quality reporting on achievements through daily short briefings, monthly and weekly planning presented against weekly and monthly performance reports containing clear quantitative and qualitative information related to the activities.
- Secure weekly and monthly reporting per team and compile, review and analyses reports on monthly bases to be reflected in INTERSOS PAT reporting tool
- Prepare ad hoc progress reporting for the donor and official required interim and final project reports: Prepare interim and final narrative reports for the donor in a timely and qualitative manner, looking into achievements against outcomes and output and reflect lessons learnt clearly into recommendations for future programming.
- Holds final responsibility for all support documents (means of verification) and general project documents
- Delivers regular communication products (including pictures) on the project to be used by the INTERSOS communication department in different outlet.
Coordination and representation:
- Seek with technical focal points to ensure link/attendance to cluster meetings and ensure timely reporting of highlights and relevant information for the intervention area.
- Conduct regular meetings with the donor representatives and facilitates field visits by donor missions (when security allows for), in coordination with programme coordinator
- Ensure systematic information and update sharing with the programme coordinator
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Required profile and experience
Master degree, preferably in humanitarian operation/international cooperation/human rights and similar
- Minimum 2 years relevant Project Management experience
- Previous experience in responding to humanitarian crisis
- Experience in managing medical/protection programs will be considered a plus
- Demonstrate experience with different donors compliance and reporting
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Italian will be considered a plus
- Knowledge of local language will be considered a plus
- Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation
- Strategic vision
- Results and quality orientation
- Behavioural flexibility
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password and citizenship), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references: two line managers and one HR referent. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.