INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Security Coordinator da inserire nella sua operatività in Ucraina. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Tempo det. Scadenza candidature 31/10/2023
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Security Coordinator
Duty station: Dnipro, with frequent travels to other areas inside Ukraine
Starting date: 01/01/2024
Contract duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Country Director
Supervision of: Security Officers
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
The war broke out in Ukraine in February 2022. Since then, millions of people have fled to the neighboring countries, raising a big concern on how to manage such an immense flux of people. Shortly after the outbreak of the conflict, INTERSOS set up its emergency response from Ukraine in April 2022. Currently, the team in Ukraine is operating across two main operational hubs for East and South. All INTERSOS interventions are embedded in a programmatic approach to respond to the multisectoral needs of the conflict-affected population, focusing on Protection, Health, and NFI response serving internally displaced persons (IDPs), their host communities in areas of displacement, and emergency humanitarian assistance in frontline and newly accessible areas. The project portfolio in Ukraine is supported by several donors and in line with its localization strategy, INTERSOS works with different local partners across all oblasts of intervention.
General purpose of the position
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director, the Security Coordinator will develop and oversee the implementation of security management plans in compliance with INTERSOS strategy and aligned with humanitarian principles, humanitarian needs, Duty of Care, and Gender Equality principles.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Safety and Security Management
- Provide technical support to all INTERSOS offices in Ukraine on all policies, procedures, guidelines and planning for staff safety, operational security and program continuity.
- Update, the Security Management Plans (Comprehensive Planning Process) for all the bases in Ukraine.
- Ensure the implementation of Standard Operating Procedures and contingency plans by working with the Security Officers in locations of INTERSOS operations.
- Evaluate, review and update the hibernation and evacuation plans for all INTERSOS premises, and ensure that the practical preparations are in place and known to all staff involved.
- Ensure that accurate, up-to-date security/communications information is available in appropriate local language(s) to all staff based in Ukraine.
- Coordinate Safety and Security Response in case of Incident.
- Conduct Safety and Security Assessment on Safety and Security Assets and related procedures.
- Support relevant departments in identifying Safety and Security needs and related budgets.
- Provide technical input and advice in assessments to consider new INTERSOS programmes in new geographic areas, and regular assessment reviews for existing locations.
- Be aware and ready to respond based on contextual and situational changes.
- Participate in the mission access working group providing technical advice
- Coordinate with the relevant department for the organization of training and capacity building for relevant staff.
Monitoring, Reporting & Analysis
- Constantly monitor available sources to collect, compile, and report information including incidents and trends pertinent to humanitarian access and security.
- Prepare and disseminate regular updates to senior and relevant staff in the field.
- Provide timely area-based access analysis based on programmatic demands.
- Compile and submit the Monthly Security Report.
- Perform any other related duties as requested by the Supervisor, based on the needs of the mission and aimed at effective implementation and quality assurance of the country strategy and operations.
Required profile and experience
- University Degree in relevant field
- Master’s degree desirable
- Minimum 4 years of working experience as a Security Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context or relevant working experience in safety, security, and risk analysis
- Experience, based on evidence, of humanitarian negotiation (with national authorities, local authorities, non-state actors, military forces) and humanitarian access in complex emergencies
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Experience in the provision of safety and security training to other staff members
- Previous experience and knowledge of the Eastern European context desirable
- Good understanding of humanitarian safety practices, procedures, and principles and their application
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with remote technical supervision
- Ability to work in remote field locations
- Fluent English is mandatory
- Ukrainian desirable
- Russian desirable
- Creativity, innovation, and strategic thinking skills
- Organisational skills
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Networking skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Stress management
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password and citizenship), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references: two line managers and one HR referent. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.