WEWORLD sta selezionando un/a Programme Coordinator da inserire nella sua operatività in Mozambico. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 15/11/2023
Position: Programme Coordinator Mozambique
Reporting Relationship: Country Representative Mozambique
Location: Maputo with frequent missions on the field
Starting date: beginning of January 2024
Family Duty Station: YES
WeWorld has been working in Mozambique since 2000 with development and emergency projects in the fields of education, food security, climate change resilience and DRR in the provinces of Maputo, Gaza, Inhambane, Zambezia, Manica, Cabo Delgado and Tete. WeWorld carries out emergency projects in the provinces of Manica and Cabo Delgado. It has been intervening in response to Idai and Kenneth cyclones (2019) to assist affected populations, in 2020 it also started intervention in response to COVID-19 and to strengthen the social cohesion and the peacebuilding in Cabo Delgado province. At present, our main donors in the country are Italy (AICS), the EU, the UN (UNICEF, WFP, UNDP) and the Swiss Cooperation.
The Programme Coordinator will supervise all ongoing projects in the country in accordance with the strategy, plans and policies of the WeWorld mission in Mozambique. He/She will ensure technical and quality control of ongoing project interventions and contribute to the development of new interventions.
Main taks and Responsabilities
- Ensure quality implementation for 12 projects currently being implemented (in the climate change resilience, social cohesion, Education, food security)
- Coordinate the work, provide quality control and support to the Project Managers or Area Managers or thematic Experts, in coordination with the Country Representative
- Directly supervise the 7 people (2 Area Managers, 1 Education Manager, 4 project managers) currently working on the projects
- Play a key role in developing and defining the mission’s country strategy under the supervision and coordination of the Country Representative
- Coordinate the development of new projects (logical framework design, participation in budget preparation and narrative writing) in collaboration with other stakeholders in the organisation (WeWorld headquarters, technical experts, etc.)
- Supervise and coordinate reporting to donors in collaboration with each Project Manager (mainly AICS, UN, EU and Swiss cooperation)
- Represent WeWorld in sector and coordination meetings when necessary.
- Project management, reporting and quality control
- Oversee and maintain project work plans with input from Project/Area/Sector Managers and relevant team members to ensure proper implementation of activities
- With the support of the Country Finance Manager, manage budgets in accordance with donor and WeWorld guidelines, supporting Project Managers in budget revisions when necessary
- Provide support and supervision to Project/Area/Sector Managers through regular field visits and meetings with staff and project team members
- Ensure that all reports are properly drafted and submitted on time to donors
- In the absence of the Project/Area/Sector Managers, carry out management tasks relating to the implementation of the project from both a programmatic and financial point of view
- Supervise and build the capacity of the project teams concerned
- In accordance with WeWorld procedures and in collaboration with the Human Resources Department, support when needed the Project Manager/Area/Sector Managers in the recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of the project staff team, including the identification of capacity building needs and the implementation of adapted training sessions
- Ensure that project staff respect WeWorld rules and regulations and adhere to WeWorld values and code of ethics
Development of strategies and new projects
- Support the Country Representative in the development, implementation and evaluation of the mission strategy and programme, providing updates, inputs and recommendations for new and ongoing interventions in the country
- In cooperation with the Country Representative, Head of Region Unit, national staff and HQ departments, contribute to the updating of the country strategy for the mission
- Lead the development and drafting of potential new funding opportunities and project proposals
Monitoring, evaluation and supervision
- Contribute to the implementation of the MEAL strategy and tools for the mission and its projects
- In collaboration with the MEAL focal point in Mozambique and in HQ, provide advice and support to the Project/Area Managers and Education Expert in the planning of work, budgets and expenditure related to the MEAL components
- Support the Project Managers in planning and monitoring the implementation of activities and the achievement of results
- Support the MEAL focal point in Mozambique in setting up and supervising project MEAL plans
Representation, coordination and advocacy
- In coordination with the Project/Area/Sector Managers and the Country Representative, establish and maintain collaborative relationships with donors, project stakeholders and other organisations working in project intervention areas
- Participate in meetings (with programme managers from other NGOs, donors concerned at central level or in the field, etc.), following the instructions of the Country Representative
- Participate proactively in various coordination meetings at national level
Any other task requested by the Country Representative, for an efficient and quality implementation of WeWorld strategy and projects in Mozambique, according to the needs of the mission.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Advanced university degree or equivalent in social or political sciences, development studies, international relations, project management, human rights
- Strong management skills and good knowledge of the policies and procedures of major international donors (EU, AICS, UN, etc.)
- Good knowledge of MSOffice
- Fluency in written and spoken Portuguese or Spanish
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- At least 4 years of professional experience in international cooperation for development
- Proved experience in managing development projects funded by institutional donors in the field of infrastructure rehabilitation/construction
- Experience in economic empowerment programming
- Experience in gender mainstreaming
- Proved experience in successful project proposals writing
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to assess needs, develop and write new project proposals
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options, think and plan strategically
- High degree of flexibility and ability to adapt behaviour to the needs of the situation
- Ability to work independently and prevent/resolve problems
- Proven organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively while promoting quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Good communication and negotiation skills and sensitivity in dealing with local institutions on critical issues
- Cultural, gender, religious and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Strong commitment to the mission of WeWorld, genuine interest in international cooperation development issues.
- Previous professional experience in Mozambique
- Knowledge of the Italian language
WHAT WE OFFER
Type of contract: a first 6 (six) month collaboration contract subject to verification of the achievement of specific objectives (these objectives will be agreed together with the Country Representative upon arrival on assignment); a second collaboration contract of 6 (six) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first three months of contract
Economic conditions to be defined according to WeWorld Expatriates Compensation Policy: Base Salary (seniority/role held) + Contributions (role complex and hardship based on place of work; housing, schooling, flights for children and insurance coverage for children)
Other conditions: Tax Treatment: equal tax treatment between Italian and foreign residents is guaranteed
Annual leave: 2,5 days/month (working days)
Flight ticket: one return flight every 12 months of contract
Health insurance: covered
WHO WE ARE
WeWorld supports people in overcoming emergencies, and it strives to guarantee that everyone can have a decent and dignified life as well as opportunities and a better future. WeWorld works in 27 countries around the world, including in Italy, with more than 165 emergency, humanitarian aid and development projects. Its activities mainly involve women, girls and young people, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. The organization operates in several natural and man-made crisis in various regions of the world. The emergency response, coordinated by the Humanitarian Aid Unit, is composed by multi-sectorial interventions comprising of WASH, EiE, CVA, Food Security, Protection, and others. The organization operates also in protracted crisis with provision of humanitarian aid through a prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation approach.
The recruitment process may be closed early if a suitable candidate is found. Due to the large number of applications, we apologise in advance and will only respond to those profiles deemed suitable for the role.
WeWorld is an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.
WeWorld has also a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process.
WeWorld commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented.
WeWorld promotes a welcoming, diverse and discrimination- and harassment-free workplace and expects the highest standards of behaviour from all its staff, who are requested to adhere to the principles and behavioural rules defined in the CoEC and the Organisational Policies.
The CoEC and all the internal policies can be found here: https://www.weworld.it/en/about-us/transparency