WEWORLD sta selezionando un/a Project Manager Education da inserire nella sua operatività in Siria. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 20/10/2023
Position: Project Manager Education Syria
Location: Damascus, Syria
Starting date: ASAP
Gross Salary: to be defined according to the candidate’s profile
The presence of WeWorld in Syria dates back to 2011, with an emergency education intervention in favour of Iraqi refugees in Aleppo. The programme aimed at improving the quality and the accessibility of educational services for students, with special needs in 12 primary schools in Aleppo.
Since 2014, WeWorld has been providing humanitarian assistance to the Syrian population and IDPs with interventions in different sectors such as Education in Emergency and Wash.
At present, the main donors are EU (ECHO), Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS), ChildFund Alliance and United Nations.
Purpose of the Role
WeWorld is recruiting a Project Manager Education who will be primarily involved in the management of emergency projects, and will support the mission with other assignments depending on the necessity.
He/She will report to the Program Manager and work in coordination with Local Field Teams.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible of all aspects of finance, administrative, human resource and logistics management related to emergency projects, ensuring knowledge of and adherence to applicable operational systems, donor requirements and WeWorld country strategy
- Prepare and follow up comprehensive M&E plan for the supervised projects, in cooperation with the MEAL Department, including resource needs analysis, covering the time frames of the project proposals.
- Represent WeWorld at relevant meetings with partners and projects stakeholders, reporting back as applicable to the Programs Manager and Country Representative
- Responsible for the development of project work plans and budgets (financial plans)
- Ensure effective coordination, timely and quality implementation and monitoring of project activities to meet deliverables in accordance with standards, time line, and budget
- Follow up all engineering/construction/technical dimensions of the projects, under the supervision of the Program Manager
- Assist the Program Manager or Country Representative with the identification and design of future projects
- Assist the Program Manager and the Country Representative on the development and implementation of the country’s Education strategy.
- Provide technical support to other Project Managers in the implementation of Education activities in alignment with the Education program
- Conduct technical needs assessments in coordination with the Program Manager
- Ensure budgets are spent according to donor proposals and regulations and within the appropriate timeframe, updating the Program Manager of the financial status of the projects
- Highlight and bring to the attention of Program Manager/Country Representative good practices and opportunities raising from the implementation of the supervised projects
- Collaborate effectively with the Local Coordinators to ensure smooth implementation of the projects’ activities and coordination of field work
- Work closely with the Program Manager in establishing and maintaining collaborative and high performing team and a good working environment
- Work closely with the Program Manager to develop and build an effective team
- In collaboration with the MEAL Manager and the Local Field Teams, develop and implement constant monitoring systems to improve follow up, transparency and to ensure the best use of WeWorld assets and resources
- Make sure project activities and reports are delivered in time and with the best quality
- Support preparation of documents and agenda during field visits and at other relevant projects’ milestones
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of annual reports as well as interim reports as required by donors
Perform any other duty as requested by the Program Manager and the Country Representative.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- An advanced university degree or equivalent in the field of Social or Political Science, Development Studies, International relations, Project Management
- Knowledge and proven experience in managing ECHO funded projects will be considered a strong asset
- Knowledge of other main donors’ policies and procedures (UN Agencies, EU, Italian Cooperation) is preferable
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good computer and analytical skills are required
- At least 6 years’ of relevant working experience in humanitarian or development settings
- At least 3 years’ experience in Project Cycle Management
- Proven experience in project proposal writing
- Experience in the management of Education in Emergency Project in a protracted crisis
- Experience in the Early Recovery and Livelihood Sector is preferable
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal relationships and demonstrated ability to leverage business networks and partnerships for continued growth
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Ability to perform under stress condition
- Capacity to work autonomously and in problems prevention/resolution
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually and to translate these into concrete results
- Ability to identify, initiate and maintain good relationships with partner organizations, donors and national authorities including building professional relationships with senior decision-makers and influencers/leaders
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Integrity in line with the Humanitarian Principles and ethical standards
- Strong commitment to WeWorld Mission
- Cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Previous experience in Syria or in the Syrian crisis context
- Previous experience in WASH Programs
- Previous Experience in multi-sectorial integrated programs
- Knowledge of Arabic and Italian
What we offer
Type of contract: a first 3 (three) month collaboration contract subject to verification of the achievement of specific objectives (these objectives will be agreed together with the Program Manager upon arrival on assignment); a second collaboration contract of 9 (nine) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first three months of contract and depending on available funding
Economic conditions: to be defined according to WeWorld Expatriates Compensation Policy: Base Salary (seniority/role held) + Contributions (role complex and hardship based on place of work)
Others conditions: Personal Effects Transportation (12 months contract); First Accommodation (12 months contract); Tax Treatment: equal tax treatment between Italian and foreign residents is guaranteed
Annual leave: 2,5 days/month (working days)
R&R: 5 days each 12 weeks – Daily Allowance covers costs of expenses for food and accommodation
Flight ticket: one return flight every 12 months of contract
Health insurance: covered
WHO WE ARE
WeWorld supports people in overcoming emergencies, and it strives to guarantee that everyone can have a decent and dignified life as well as opportunities and a better future. WeWorld works in 27 countries around the world, including in Italy, with more than 120 emergency, humanitarian aid and development projects. Its activities mainly involve women, girls and young people, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. The organization operates in several natural and man-made crisis in various regions of the world. The emergency response, coordinated by the Humanitarian Aid Unit, is composed by multi-sectorial interventions comprising of WASH, EiE, CVA, Food Security, Protection, and others. The organization operates also in protracted crisis with provision of humanitarian aid through a prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation approach.
How to apply
Send CV and Cover Letter to: https://weworld.intervieweb.it/jobs/project-manager-education-syria-434481/en/
The recruitment process may be closed early if a suitable candidate is found.
Due to the large number of applications, we apologise in advance and will only respond to those profiles deemed suitable for the role.
WeWorld is an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.
WeWorld has also a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process.
WeWorld commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented.
WeWorld promotes a welcoming, diverse and discrimination- and harassment-free workplace and expects the highest standards of behaviour from all its staff, who are requested to adhere to the principles and behavioural rules defined in the CoEC and the Organisational Poplicies.
The CoEC and all the internal policies can be found here: https://www.weworld.it/en/about-us/transparency