FONDAZIONE AVSI sta selezionando un/a Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in RD del Congo. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Altro Scadenza candidature 20/11/2023
Role: Project Manager
Publishing Date: 06/11/2023
Deadline for submission application: 20 November 2023
Starting date: January 2024
Duty Station: DR Congo, Kasai Central (50%), Goma – North Kivu (50%)
Language proficiency: Proficient knowledge of French and English (written and oral) C1.
- Directly report to the Country Representative (1st Supervisor) and to the Regional Manager (2nd Supervisor)
- Functionally report to donor/thematic focal point/s for each specific sector and donor
Aim of the position: The main role of the Project Manager is to provide overall project management with technical expertise to all activities relating to the implementation of the project EDU’KAS: Action d’appui au système EDUcatif dans la province du KASaï Central”, financed by the European Union (EU).
Main tasks and responsibility:
- Supervise and have the final responsibility for the implementation of all the project activities in accordance with the projected/approved proposal, budget, financial planning and time schedule;
- Be responsible for the achievement of all project targets and key performance indicators;
- Contribute to the recruitment, orientation and training of the project staff;
- Coordinate project staff, strengthen their capacity, autonomy and sense of responsibility; and contribute to their further professional development;
- Be responsible for the compliance with all AVSI and donor procedures (especially concerning procurement, logistics, safety and administration of the project) in concert with Operations Manager and Country Representative;
- Ensure quality and sustainability of project results through strategic and operational planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning (continuous improvement);
- Promote nexus and synergy with other national and international projects, programs, interventions
- Elaborate narrative reports and proactively support the preparation of financial reports including the collection and verification of the relevant project documentation;
- Elaborate any other reports as required by AVSI, local authorities and the donor;
- Maintain and develop proactive relationships with partners, local authorities and with all stakeholders involved;
- Periodically interact with HQ focal points for coordinating and sharing new strategies, innovations, lessons learnt, criticalities, trainings, workshops etc, including regarding donor and partner relations;
- Share within AVSI worldwide network the most significant experiences and lessons learnt together with the thematic focal point;
- Represent AVSI in relevant sectorial coordination structures (i.e. Clusters) and other meetings at provincial/national level;
- Identify new funding proposals also with other donors and program;
- Carry-out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Management, Entrepreneurship, Development Studies or other related fields of study from a recognized university.
- at least 2 years of experience in development/Humanitarian context
- Proficient knowledge of French and English (written and oral) C1.
- Master’s degree in relevant field would be an added advantage;
- Knowledge/expertise in education, TVET, youth development;
- Proficient knowledge of the standard IT software;
- Experience in community-based approaches in project implementation;
- Strong organizational skills and able to coordinate and manage a diverse array of activities and stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent French and English (both oral and written);
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills and ability to work independently;
- Report writing and computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, power point presentation and Internet;
- Experience in conducting surveys, managing data and statistics is desirable;
- Willingness to travel and work in rural areas for most of the time.