FONDAZIONE AVSI sta selezionando un/a Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Rep. del Congo. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Tempo det. Scadenza candidature 25/11/2023
Role: Project Manager
Project. “Improved Cookstoves Distribution in Congo Republic”, financed by Eni – (internal code 2349)
Duty Station: Pointe-Noire (Congo Rep.)
Publishing Date: 09.11.2023
Closing Date: 25.11.2023
Starting Date: 01.12.2023
Period: 1 year
- Directly report to the Program Coordinator (1st Supervisor) and to the Country Representative (2nd Supervisor)
- Functionally report to donor/thematic focal point/s for each specific sector (e.g. Clean cooking) and donor (ENI)
-Fluent French and, possibly, English (both oral and written).
Aim of the position: The main role of the Project Manager is to provide overall project management with technical expertise to all activities relating to the implementation of the project “Improved Cook Stoves (ICSs) implementation agreement” co-financed and implemented in partnership with ENI. The Project Manager has the key responsibility of coordinating and ensuring the successful implementation and targets’ achievements of the project. This initiative pursues concurrent objectives:
- Bridging the gap of the energy access in Congo Republic by promoting the sustained adoption/use by families of improved cooking technologies with a reduced impact on health, domestic finances and the environment
- Promote local development through the strengthening of the Improved cook stoves local value chain (e.g. promoters, assembling staff, producers) and demand activation (e.g. awareness raising and behavioral change campaigns)
- Contributing to the generation of carbon credits by virtue of the utilization of cleaner and more efficient cooking devices by the local population.
Main tasks and responsibility:
- Supervise and have the final responsibility for the implementation of all the project activities in accordance with the projected/approved proposal, budget, financial planning and time schedule
- Be responsible for the achievement of all project targets and key performance indicators
- Contribute to the recruitment, orientation and training of the projects’ staff
- Coordinate projects staff, strengthen their capacity, autonomy and sense of responsibility; and contribute to their further professional development
- Coordinate registration and monitoring activities according to the selected international standard (e.g. VERRA) and to project/ENI requirements
- Be responsible for the compliance with all AVSI and/or ENI and/or government procedures (especially concerning procurement, logistic, safety and administration of the project) in concert with Operations Manager and Country Representative
- Organize, start up and manage ICSs local assembling line and pyrolytic stoves pilot test
- Ensure quality and sustainability of project(s) results through strategic and operational planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning (continuous improvement)
- Promote nexuses and synergies with other national and international projects, programs, interventions
- Elaborate narrative reports as per ENI and/or the selected international standard (e.g. VERRA) procedures and proactively support the preparation of financial reports including the collection and verification of the relevant project documentation
- Elaborate any other reports as required by AVSI, local authorities and/or ENI and/or the selected international standard (e.g. VERRA)
- Maintain and develop proactive relationships with partners, local authorities and with all stakeholders involved
- Periodically interact with HQs focal points for coordinating and sharing new strategies, innovations, lessons learnt, criticalities, trainings, workshops etc.
- Share within AVSI worldwide network the most significant experiences and lessons learnt together with the thematic focal point
- Represent AVSI in relevant sectorial (energy and environment) coordination structures (i.e. Clusters and Working groups) and other meetings at provincial/national level
- Identify new funding proposals also with other donors and program
- Carry-out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Environment or Energy sector studies, Rural Development, Economics, Management, Entrepreneurship, Development Studies or other related fields of study from a recognized university.
-Master’s degree in relevant field would be an added advantage
Required skills and experiences
- Experience in project implementation and management within African communities
- Experience in community-based and/or behavioral change approaches
- Experience in coordinating international working teams
- Strong organizational skills and able to coordinate and manage a diverse array of activities and stakeholders
- Proficient knowledge of the standard IT software
- Excellent communication skill
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills and ability to work independently
- Report writing and computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, power point presentation and Internet.
- Experience in conducting surveys, managing data and statistics is desirable
- Experience in working in business and local development promotion is desirable
- Technical knowledge of clean cooking and carbon credits protocols is desirable
Please go on our Website and apply.