FONDAZIONE CESVI sta selezionando un/a Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Ucraina. Durata 6 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 09/12/2023
CESVI was one of the first Italian NGOs to intervene in Ukraine, from the early stages of the war and the first to reach Bucha. Since the first days of the conflict, CESVI has intervened in the oblast of Kyiv, and in partnership with Alliance2015 partners in the olbasts of Khmelnytskyi and Ternopil, and later on in Poltava, Zaporizhizhia, assisting the local population and the IDPs with psychological support for children and adults, financial support, NFI for IDPs collective centres and humanitarian hubs, rehabilitation and equipment of kindergartens, equipment and support of heating points during the months of winter aggravated from electricity shortages due to the missile attacks on the infrastructure, and contribution to humanitarian aid convoys to distribute primary goods.
Currently, CESVI has its presence in the oblast of Kyiv, Kharkiv, Mykolaiv, Kherson and Donesk, responding to the needs of the population in the front-line areas in cooperation with its international and national partners with cash, Wash, MHPSS and child protection assistance.
The collaboration will start in January 2024.
The main duty station will be the CESVI office in Kyiv, with frequent travels to project locations (location of the project activities), when the security conditions allow.
The Project Manager (PM) will refer to the Area Manager in HQ and the Head of Mission (HoM) in the field. S/He will work in close collaboration with CESVI staff in Ukraine.
The PM is responsible for the overall coordination of the implementation of the assigned project.
In particular, s/he will contribute to:
· Ensuring the correct implementation of the program activities as per expected outputs, outcomes and impact, and the timeline from all partners involved in the consortium
· Ensuring the quality of the narrative and financial reports submitted from all partners of the consortium
· Ensuring strong and consistent CESVI representation in Clusters, Working Groups (WG), Area Coordination fora, and stakeholders’ meetings in Ukraine.
· Constant supervision of the program, monitoring qualitative implementation as well as sound budget spending of projects and coordinating CESVI and partners’ staff in direct implementation, ensuring full procedural compliance
· Develop a comprehensive project plan, including clear objectives, timelines, and deliverables in cooperation with the project partners
· Ensure high-quality reporting, in line with CESVI and Donor’s guidelines
· Review of any variations for the extension or revision of the program, contracts related to the program activities
· Ensure the correct budget monitoring, planning, and procurement procedures related to the assigned project, in collaboration with the finance departments of CESVI.
· Ensuring the capacity building of the national partner of the consortium through training deliveries and the development of tools in collaboration with CESVI sectorial specialists
· Ensure effective coordination of partners involved in project implementation
· Active participation in the new donors’ acquisition: identification of new projects within CESVI’s sector, support the entire process of finalizing new proposals in collaboration with the senior management team
· Provide inputs to HR resource planning, including ensuring compliance in financial operations, budgeting, and administration
· Ensuring strategic coherence and vision of the newly defined country strategy and programming, based on active participation in the conduction of assessments, drafting new proposals and amendments
· Other duties assigned by the direct supervisor related to the implementation of the program
- Consistent experience in program management (more than 5 years), including project cycle management, proposal writing, budget development and management, internal and external reporting
- More than 5 years of field experience and broad knowledge of characteristics relevant to conflict-affected or post-conflict contexts, and specific operational experience in emergency and recovery programming
- Experience implementing projects funded by different institutional donors (EU, UN Agencies, etc.)
- Experience in coordinating activities implemented in consortium with national and international partners
- Demonstrated experience in meeting high, evidence-based monitoring and evaluation standard
- Experience in coordination of the work plan with international and national partners in challenging environments
- Sound experience in delivering outputs under tight deadlines
- Ability for rapid analysis of very complex issues, strong decision-making, and translation of programmatic learning and priorities into operational strategies
- Good team leadership and conflict resolution skills, consensus team building, and adaptability
- Ability and willingness to work in remote and isolated locations with ever-changing security scenarios
- Good computer and IT skills
- High proficiency in English – written and spoken
High proficiency in Italian – written and spoken. Please note that the project’s Donor operates in Italian. Therefore, it is of utmost importance for the candidate to be proficient in Italian. Candidates that do not fulfill such requirement will not be taken into account.
- Prior experience in the Ukraine and/or other security-sensitive environments
- Prior experience in implementing humanitarian projects addressed to Refugees, IDPs and Returnees
- Prior experience in the implementation of projects funded by AICS (Italian Cooperation)
- Experience in the implementation of activities in the sector of Health and Protection
- Knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian
- Certified attendance to personal security training such as HEAT
- Range 3200-3500€ gross monthly salary
- 6 months, renewable up to a maximum of 12 months total
- Roundtrip flight
- Insurance coverage
- Visa/work permit costs
- R&R every 3 months
CESVI applica una politica di tolleranza zero contro ogni forma di abuso, sfruttamento e/o danno arrecato a un bambino o a un adulto vulnerabile da parte di membri dello staff o dai partner dell’Organizzazione.
L’impegno di CESVI ad essere un’organizzazione sicura inizia con il processo di selezione del personale che prevede controlli meticolosi, quali il controllo del casellario giudiziale o la verifica di condanne precedenti. Questa procedura è finalizzata a garantire la protezione di bambini e di persone vulnerabili e la prevenzione di qualsiasi forma di abuso. Tali verifiche costituiscono parte integrante del processo di selezione del personale.
CESVI has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
CESVI commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
CESVI presta particolare attenzione alla salvaguardia della salute di tutte le risorse umane dell’Organizzazione e dunque a tutela del collaboratore è prevista, prima della partenza, la valutazione di idoneità alla posizione per ciascuna missione. Tale valutazione sarà a carico del medico competente dell’Organizzazione, che esaminerà anche le coperture vaccinali, inclusa la vaccinazione anti-Covid19.
CESVI pays particular attention to safeguarding the health of all the human resources of the Organisation. Therefore, in order to protect its staff, an assessment of their suitability for the position in each mission is carried out before departure. Such assessment is done by the Occupational Doctor of the Organisation, who will also examine the vaccination coverage, including the anti-Covid19 vaccination.