INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Education and CP Activity Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Libano. Durata 9 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 24/11/2023
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Education and CP Activity Manager
Duty station: Beirut with regular presence in the field
Starting date: 01/01/2024
Contract duration: Until 30/9/2024
Reporting to: Head of Base / Programme Manager – BML
Supervision of: Case worker, Social Workers, Education Officer, Engineers, Technical team
Type of duty station: Accompanied duty station
General context of the project
Following the conflict in the Syrian Arab Republic and the deterioration of the humanitarian situation which is negatively affecting also the neighbouring countries, since 2013 INTERSOS has resumed operations in the Middle East to contribute toward ensuring emergency relief and social protection assistance for the Syrian refugees fleeing their home in search of safety, with special focus on most vulnerable groups (children, women, elderly and persons with special needs).
In Lebanon, INTERSOS has focused its humanitarian response on supporting Syrian families displaced across urban and rural areas, promoting social cohesion between refugees and the host population, with a programme that focuses on a multi-sectorial approach covering Protection (CP/GBV/PWNS/, legal, CBP, Protection Monitoring, PSS), Education, WASH, Shelter and Basic Needs including Cash and Winterization Assistance.
Specifically, in Beirut, Mount Lebanon, & Tripoli governorates, INTERSOS will be implementing, with the support of the Italian Agency for Cooperation to Development (AICS) a project focusing on rehabilitation of school facilities, retention support, and PSS activities.
The project includes protection, education, and rehabilitation activities. A component of inclusion promotion and awareness of the importance of education is also foreseen. The Project will be implemented in close coordination with the Lebanese Ministry of Education (MEHE).
General purpose of the position
The general purpose of the position is to ensure the proper and effective technical and quality implementation of the project “A Great Place To Learn: promozione del diritto all’istruzione attraverso il miglioramento di spazi didattici e attività educative inclusive a favore dei minori in età scolare nei governatorati di Nord e Monte Libano”” funded by the Italian Cooperation.
The Education and CP Activity Manager will be responsible to provide the technical support in order to ensure smooth implementation of the project on the ground, with the support of the base Programme Manager and of the relevant technical department teams (Shelter and Protection managers), while directly leading the technical aspects of the Education component.
She/He will be the direct supervisor of the activities and of the dedicated team. In particular, She/He will supervise the Protection and Education teams, the social workers, and the engineers; s/he will ensure the coordination with other projects ongoing in the area and the coordination with the Italian Cooperation Agency.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Regarding the rehabilitation component, the Activity manager will be responsible for the implementation of the activities especially supporting the shelter unit in order to draft the BoQ and launch the BID. During the implementation period, s/he will supervise both the technical team and the implementation of the works on the ground. S/he will be responsible to sign the final approval certificate and in particular:
- S/He will assess the structures both for schools and wash facilities before starting the works in order to compile the BoQ and start with the procurement accordingly to the internal procedures.
- S/He will be responsible for the definition and the final design of the civil works in the four selected schools.
- S/He will design the civil interventions and prepare the Bill of Quantity with the support of the Shelter expert and the Procurement Unit.
- S/He will support the procurement Unit in order to open the BID.
- S/He will help the Procurement unit draft the contract for the supplier and s/he will guarantee the approval from the head of mission.
- S/He will supervise the work and ensure that everything will be implemented in efficient and effective way.
- S/He will guarantee the material’s quality and also the cost-effectiveness of the works.
- S/He will follow up on the works and go to the field in order to ensure the correct implementation of the works.
- S/He will propose modifications if the schools need more or different interventions.
- S/He will prepare monthly reports on the works’ progress.
- S/He will evaluate the technical team by using the Internal Review Process – IRP.
- S/He will actively participate in the Working Groups.
Moreover, as for the soft component of the project regarding the education and PSS activities, s/he will:
- Actively contribute to developing the working plan in regard to protection and education sectors.
- Be responsible to make sure the coordination between schools and MEHE will be set up.
- Liaise with the school directors to select the trainers that will conduct the retention activities in the four schools.
- Responsible to monitor and evaluate the education activities implemented in the schools.
- Select the social workers for the implementation of the PSS activities.
- Guarantee the capacity building of the staff.
- Communicate to the donor if the project faces challenges during the education activities in the schools.
- Constantly assess the beneficiaries’ needs in order to fill the gaps and provide an efficient and effective service.
- Coordinate with all the other sectors in order to provide a holistic approach.
- Coordinate with other different partners and actors working in the same sector or in the same area.
Required profile and experience
- Master’s degree (MA or LLM) in international relations, Education, and/or Human Rights/ International Humanitarian Law or related subjects.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant working experience in project management positions, preferably within an INGO.
- Previous experience implementing education, and protection programs.
- Previous experience with projects funded by the Italian Cooperation is desirable.
- Previous working experience in the Middle East is desirable.
- Excellent team-working and team-building skills, as well as the ability to work under high pressure and with flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work and integrate into a multicultural team.
- Problem solver, dynamic, mature.
- Confidently able to deal with authorities and donors
- Pro-active approach to work.
- Able to work independently as well as being a strong team player
- Flexibility, the capacity of managing stress, good diplomatic skills
- Available to share accommodation facilities when required.
- European Driving license B “desirable”
- Fluency in English and Italian with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Arabic is “desirable”
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password and citizenship), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references: two line managers and one HR referent. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.